Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

If they fix it up and add depth to the world with dlcs, I'll consider buying it next year. If not, I'll pirate it just to see how it plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I've been purposefully avoiding the main quest because I kind of want to wait until the game is fixed before I really like it. Enjoying the side missions and world though - just wish it ran better (can't get new GPUs!). 48hrs in and started to get some funny glitches with traffic. A truck fell out of the highway onto a gang area I was in. Crushed a dude but he was still alive and screaming at me. Couldn't do anything to me though lol. I disarmed him with hacking and he somehow took out another weapon. That was the first 'oblivion' tier nonsense I got in my own game.

Got slow motion cyberware for when you're spotted. Plays like MGSV now :D If I ever do a COOL/silenced weapon build this combination could take out anyone who so much as looks at you wrong without everyone else getting alerted I think. Handy. Seems like a lot of builds once maxed out are OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

The bit about their testers and quality staff not encountering the same issues on base consoles is a blatant lie considering 100% of players encountered them. So your trying to tell us that on platforms that have 150+ million units in the hands of gamers, you didn't bother to test the game was running ok? Or the fact that you did not send out console copies to review until earlier December was an "accident" (was the ban on using footage not pre-approved also an "accident"? And they still claim that they want to be open and honest with us all. What a joke. Personally I will never pre-order another one of their games, they have lost all credibility. I will wait for reviews before buying from CDPR in future.

I dropped the game a few weeks ago, even though I am playing it on Series X I am waiting until the Feb update to complete the main story. There are other games that will keep me busy until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭McFly85

I cant imagine the pressure the QA managers were under. I’d love to know how many triage calls were spent just trying to justify downgrading severity so they could release. I’d say it got to the point where managers wouldn’t even entertain hearing bad news.

Regarding the game itself, I stopped playing a while ago, didn’t really grab me so I said I’d wait until the next gen update. To be fair, it took a while for the Witcher to really click with me too so I hope that’s the case here(although I found the world in the Witcher far more compelling, which surprised me because I’d definitely prefer cyberpunk over fantasy)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've been playing it on stadia and performance has been fine, the odd bug but nothing game breaking, just people walking through cars and stuff. The one thing that I really hope they get to do is make the city more alive. From a distance you see this fantastic futuristic mega city with crazy architecture but there seems to be about only 57 people living in it.

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    The one thing that I really hope they get to do is make the city more alive. From a distance you see this fantastic futuristic mega city with crazy architecture but there seems to be about only 57 people living in it.

NPC counts seem ok to me. I'm more interested in them opening up the vertical wold. Dazzling skyscrapers, flying cars but you're stuck to ground floor a lot. Tons of "locked" doors and of course the train system got completely disabled but you can still see the models and stations throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Yeah not being able to take the train was hugely disappointing.

It was a focal point of one of their trailers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The problem is adding additional traversal mechanics etc means nothing if the content isn’t there to support it. It’d be cool to scale a building, but what do I find when I get up there? The open world systems aren’t robust enough to give me any reason to go up there, and to create the highly scripted content that CDPR thrive on is a resource intensive task that won’t be created quickly or cheaply. I can only imagine anything of that ilk coming in paid DLC rather than free updates, given the nature of the game as is.

The open world in 2077, aside from being very pretty, mainly exists as something to merely travel through on the way to the actual pockets of cordoned off content. Indeed, it has a worse case of ‘follow the dotted lines on the mini map’ syndrome than many of its peers simply because the multi-tiered roads are so labyrinthine. A lot of this game needs a really fundamental overhaul to bring the potential buried within to the fore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

It’s a good game but once I’m finished it back to CEX it goes it’s done it’s over what’s the point of them fixing it all up for the rest of 2021 if the rest of it is the same content that’s already on the game I suspect many people are moving on at this point too it’s yesterday’s news

Sure they dangle the carrot of free DLC but I highly doubt that’s going to be anything substantial maybe an hour or two worth of content. Anything huge now will have to be a paid update no way will they give a dying light the following style expansion for free and to that I say F—K you how dare they ask for more money for a game like this that wasn’t even complete on release

I like how they make out the PC version is the game they are proud off when that was full of glitches and bugs too

Ok so they have apologised fair enough but they should never be given trust to have preorders EVER AGAIN for future games that option should be blocked for this company after the con they tried to pull here

Never Preorder

I didn't preorder. I actually bought it amidst all the hate and refund yap :pac:

I think it has tons of replay value and they're not going to just drop their expansions (W3 ones were great possibly even better than main game) so I've got those to look forward to. I feel like it can only really get better so I've no desire to refund, not that I could at this point though. Maybe new GPUs will actually be available to buy by them time the game is in an improved state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I don't know that lack of content is the problem so much as the content does nothing to leverage the systems put in place.

A hacking build should not feel like you're playing VATs in Fallout 3. There's little emergent possibilities no matter what you do

Tbf, the actual gunplay is better than expected. Especially if you go mouse and keyboard. But that isn't enough for a game like this.

A hacking build should not feel like you're playing VATs in Fallout 3. There's little emergent possibilities no matter what you do
    I don't think hacking is ever good in these full feature AAA games. It's always some gimmick, with a simplified puzzle no harder than a children's toy.

My dream with Cyberpunk was to have something similar to dedicated hacking games like Hacknet. Combining something like a Hacknet interface, with micro linux VMs inside the game using an intranet would be god damn amazing - you could apply real-world knowledge of networks and system navigation. Unfortunately 90% of people are not going to like that because it would require actually typing (and thinking), which is something your average gamer not only doesn't want to do but also can't because many play with controllers. Hacking has never and will never be good in large games like this - which is why I don't even think of them as hacking. Feels more like magic and spell casting. Remember the whole press X to hack meme? It will always be some variation of that.

Tbf, the actual gunplay is better than expected. Especially if you go mouse and keyboard. But that isn't enough for a game like this.

Yeah the shooting is a ton better than a lot of other RPGs. They really let me down on the melee, though. I've said it before but I think they should've strived to have it something like Dying Light which was very well put together. Bodies bouncing off each other, player getting pushed around, escaping grabs, grappling and breaking zombie legs, dodging against humans all over the place. Chaotic, satisfying, brilliant and deceptively simple. Just add a layer of RPG stats & Cyberware on top of it and there's your ideal Cyberpunk melee system.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I didn't preorder. I actually bought it amidst all the hate and refund yap :pac:

I think it has tons of replay value and they're not going to just drop their expansions (W3 ones were great possibly even better than main game) so I've got those to look forward to. I feel like it can only really get better so I've no desire to refund, not that I could at this point though. Maybe new GPUs will actually be available to buy by them time the game is in an improved state.

Why not? No season pass has been sold or expansions promised. If there is still plenty of bad feeling around the game, they're not gonna pump resources into making Hearts of Stone/Blood & Wine-sized add-ons if they feel it's not profitable.

It's a single-player story game. It doesn't have the scope to keep on improving in the way something like No Man's Sky did.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Why not? No season pass has been sold or expansions promised.
    Last I remember they did say they had expansions planned and they're working on an online mode. Overall they're mirroring their successful W3 content strategy. That game didn't release with a season pass either until later unless I'm remembering wrong.

The leaks and modded content people have found (Like relationship paths removed) probably means a lot of it will come back in some form or another.
    J. Marston wrote: »
    It doesn't have the scope to keep on improving in the way something like No Man's Sky did.
    That was technically a single player game on launch too - they lied saying it was multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

So 2022 for a major expansion is kind of disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Finished the game the, 80 odd hours iv gotten out of this first play through.

Went with the don't fear the reaper ending, took me a couple of gos.

Really enjoyed the story.
    hated Johnny at the start but miss him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

New Crowbcat video always good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

I finished it today, good game but definitely not the masterpiece we were promised. Not even a great game, just a good one.
    Bugs aside, there's also mistakes, oversights and continuity errors in some missions (e.g. Claire's final mission, her car is somehow parked just where the man crashes) which are not bugs, just sloppy rushed work. Or unbreakable windows because you need to enter that particular window on a gig.
    This definitely in not a game that spent 8 years in development.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No game spends 8 years in development.
    At best, it's 3-4 years of work, with the prior years spent making things like the engine/assets & vertical slices/proofs of concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

That was a good watch and a bit eye-opening for someone who wasn't really following development. :)

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    At best, it's 3-4 years of work, with the prior years spent making things like the engine/assets & vertical slices/proofs of concept.

Point is they spent a lot of time and resources developing things that were never finished hence not included, and what we got is whatever was left in at least a passable state. The video posted above makes this pretty clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,928 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I'd say the prior years were spent more along the lines of snorting cocaine off strippers for 'research' purposes. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'd say the prior years were spent more along the lines of snorting cocaine off strippers for 'research' purposes. :eek:

Many a great night spent doing this. :pac:

If the damn lockdown lifts I'll be back at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Finished it up this afternoon, was kind of underwhelmed by the ending (got 2 of them because I landed on a very bad one by mistake thanks to poorly worded dialogue options, so went back).
    Where Is My Mind is the most tedious, boring, mission I can recall playing on any game in a number of years. Never spammed the 'skip ahead' button so much, I think ever, on the first playthrough of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

New Crowbcat video always good

Jesus, years of lies on top of lies on top of lies.

Would love to be a fly on the wall for meetings in the final two weeks where they knew it absolutely riddled but had the "Just release it" mentality. It's a shame there isn't a Drive to Survive type series to document the behind the scenes stuff!

Cordell wrote: »
    Point is they spent a lot of time and resources developing things that were never finished hence not included, and what we got is whatever was left in at least a passable state. The video posted above makes this pretty clear.

I feel I was a bit unfair in the previous comments so, it's obvious that a lot of talented people did their best for this game, as the good parts are really good, but the management and planning failed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

📢 Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.1 📢
    It weighs roughly 1.1GB, but implements changes to already existing files, meaning around 60GB of data has to be changed. That’s why GOG GALAXY needs roughly 70GB of free space for the patch to successfully update.

:eek:

That’s why GOG GALAXY needs roughly 70GB of free space
    Installing it at this moment, my disk free space dropped by about ... 60G :)

Advertisement