Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

J. Marston wrote: »
    Jesus, years of lies on top of lies on top of lies.

Would love to be a fly on the wall for meetings in the final two weeks where they knew it absolutely riddled but had the "Just release it" mentality. It's a shame there isn't a Drive to Survive type series to document the behind the scenes stuff!

I had some idiot here defend the launched AI in CP to a parallel of Horizon Zero Dawn AI and decided my day was too full to debate this redundant point. CP marketting was an unmitigated lie. World immersion a total farce. Its undoubtably a sorry mess and truly a sad story for the developers who poured theirs lives into this for 7 years.

But with over a month’s solid perspective, an unmitigated disaster. We can only hope every effort is made to improve what’s here and a day will arrive where this game gets its systems and immersion corrected to the levels it promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

16gb patch on PS5. The game size says 102gb and the download status says 182 of 182gb so that's a bit strange.

Still not sure on going back to this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

What I've seen fixed: no more bare butt T-posing on the bike
    Every other persistent glitch I've seen it's still there. My phone screen is still bugged, I still have a gig that I completed active but not trackable, still some UI bugs.
    Performance maybe a bit better, or maybe it was just the short playtime.

sticker wrote: »
    We can only hope every effort is made to improve what’s here and a day will arrive where this game gets its systems and immersion corrected to the levels its promised.

If this is going to ever happen it's going to take at least another year.
    But we can hope that both gamers and industry learned from this, that there will be no awards for unlaunched games, no reviews that are restricted to approved footage and most important no more preordering.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I had some idiot here defend the launched AI in CP to a parallel of Horizon Zero Dawn AI and decided my day was too full to debate this redundant point. CP marketting was an unmitigated lie. World immersion a total farce. Its undoubtably a sorry mess and truly a sad story for the developers who poured theirs lives into this for 7 years.

But with over a month’s solid perspective, an unmitigated disaster. We can only hope every effort is made to improve what’s here and a day will arrive where this game gets its systems and immersion corrected to the levels it promised.

You're talking about me there. Don't appreciate being called an idiot but whatever. All I was saying that in HZD they don't fight back or react much to the main character just like in Cyberpunk. It wasn't considered a problem for it so I don't see why it is such a big problem here. Sure it would be better if they reacted like in the GTA games but I don't consider it a big issue.

I don't even see why any one would really want to fight those NPCs as you would kill them in one punch. There are groups of NPCs that do fight back everywhere and they would put up more of a challenge than the NPCs that just run away or cower. It actually makes sense for the NPCs to not want to fight you. There are just normal people and you are someone enhanced with all sorts of cyberware and packing an arsenal of weapons. A normal person isn't gonna fight someone like you because they know it is a death sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

You couldn't refute an 'idiot's' point and then you decide to come back a month later to insult them. Nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Please do not insult other users - there’s never any reason to call another poster an idiot.

NPC AI is still top notch :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cordell wrote: »
    NPC AI is still top notch :)

They're just doing their Sonic the Hedgehog impersonation. It's perfectly normal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

glad I didn't wait to continue it anyways finished it last week enjoyable enough game worth a play for newbies when it hits 15euros on PSN eventually
    traded it back in as there's nothing left to do in it and the future "free DLC" is I reckon just a hook to keep people from walking away I suspect it will be fluff any serious expansion will be paid DLC and I aint spending anymore money on this game CDPR lol

• Advertisement

biggebruv wrote: »
    glad I didn't wait to continue it anyways finished it last week enjoyable enough game worth a play for newbies when it hits 15euros on PSN eventually
    traded it back in as there's nothing left to do in it and the future "free DLC" is I reckon just a hook to keep people from walking away I suspect it will be fluff any serious expansion will be paid DLC and I aint spending anymore money on this game CDPR lol

Yeah, any free DLC will be minor enough stuff. There'll probably be a GOTY or complete edition will the expansions included. You'd be best off waiting for that if you want to jump in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

What I've seen fixed: no more bare butt T-posing on the bike
    Every other persistent glitch I've seen it's still there. My phone screen is still bugged, I still have a gig that I completed active but not trackable, still some UI bugs.
    Performance maybe a bit better, or maybe it was just the short playtime.
    If the glitch isn't mentioned in the patch notes then I wouldn't rely on it being magically fixed. Even ones that are mentioned might not work retroactively for in-progress saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, any free DLC will be minor enough stuff. There'll probably be a GOTY or complete edition will the expansions included. You'd be best off waiting for that if you want to jump in again.

I'll pick that up in 2024.

You're talking about me there. Don't appreciate being called an idiot but whatever. All I was saying that in HZD they don't fight back or react much to the main character just like in Cyberpunk. It wasn't considered a problem for it so I don't see why it is such a big problem here. Sure it would be better if they reacted like in the GTA games but I don't consider it a big issue.

I don't even see why any one would really want to fight those NPCs as you would kill them in one punch. There are groups of NPCs that do fight back everywhere and they would put up more of a challenge than the NPCs that just run away or cower. It actually makes sense for the NPCs to not want to fight you. There are just normal people and you are someone enhanced with all sorts of cyberware and packing an arsenal of weapons. A normal person isn't gonna fight someone like you because they know it is a death sentence.

You are of course right... calling you an idiot was in error and I do apologise. My point still stands though. I feel there can be no comparision to any other game. A game world stands by its self for me while playing through it. That video posted is indefensible in terms of where the game stands when launched. CDPR decided to create and market a game where world immersion is puddle deep IMO. It may be an afterthought to you over quest lines and thats fair enough but not for me.

You couldn't refute an 'idiot's' point and then you decide to come back a month later to insult them. Nice.

Thanks but we did go through our mutual viewpoints at the time of posting so there's that. I just decided to bang it on the head soon after as there was no common ground to be found. It was of course wrong to name call so an apology was made.

If the glitch isn't mentioned in the patch notes then I wouldn't rely on it being magically fixed. Even ones that are mentioned might not work retroactively for in-progress saves.

True, but for such a big patch I'm seeing such little difference.
    Now that I'm done with pretty much everything I have time to look around, and I'm seeing a lot that I didn't notice until now. Especially in the crowd, I wasn't sure what makes it so awkward, now I know: beside the limited number of models that makes you feel like you're seeing the same people everywhere, animations are in sync. NPCs that move at the same speed are also in lockstep, which is really really weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

True, but for such a big patch I'm seeing such little difference.
    Now that I'm done with pretty much everything I have time to look around, and I'm seeing a lot that I didn't notice until now. Especially in the crowd, I wasn't sure what makes it so awkward, now I know: beside the limited number of models that makes you feel like you're seeing the same people everywhere, animations are in sync. NPCs that move at the same speed are also in lockstep, which is really really weird.

True the game is best played just zip lining from mission to mission IMO the open world aspect sucks the missions are good though and what holds the game up ultimately once you start examining or interacting with the world it all falls apart badly which is the opposite of what they advertised this game to be LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vicxas wrote: »

A glitchy Hydra. Sort out one bug and two more take its place.

J. Marston wrote: »
    A glitchy Hydra. Sort out one bug and two more take its place.

A 64 bit glitchy Hydra - this will go on for a good while :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've played about 25 hours or so of this and the bugs I can live with so far, but the tragic AI, bad combat and driving mechanics and kinda dull missions are a put off.

The upgrade system isn't very inspiring and I haven't felt compelled to use crafting.

I'll stick at it in the hopes that the story carries it to a decent end but gameplay wise I'm taken back with how clunky it is.

Makes me wanna play Deus Ex again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Got this for Xmas and played a couple of hours. Going to wait now for next gen update and restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So I had the final main story mission sitting there for last couple weeks while I got threw all the side mission stuff and a lot of the criminal activity stuff. Finally got back to the main story and finished it with Panams ending today.

Really enjoyed the game I will at some stage hopefully get to play threw the other endings as well but for now I am gonna give it a break. Hopefully, the next-gen update won't be too far into the year as id like my next go at the game to be on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

CD Projekt Red can't catch a break:

CD Projekt hit by "targeted cyber attack"

This is very much a case of kicked someone, when they are already down.

I am starting to feel sorry for them. All they really owe people is a refund and nothing more, and they did offer that, which is more than you can say for Anthem for example, or for similar games like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

Imagine the hackers fixed the game and gave it back to them..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

they had a ton goodwill in the bank and sold it all for a quick profit, I wouldn't mind seeing them go to the wall but I guess there's a load of decent people employed there, the management should be gutted though i.e. fired, not literally, I'm not a psychopath

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Going through my installed games and forgot i had this. Only played a couple of missions after the prologue before stopping. I have no desire whatsoever to give it a go again. I remember specifically posting here about not waiting for next gen update but i uninstalled just now and gonna wait unless they add some pretty good fixes/updates in the meantime. Hopefully they improve the UI and make some QOL changes besides the obvious bug fixes. I saw it running on a high end pc and it looked so much better than what it looks on my ps5. What a disaster of a launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

wes wrote: »
    CD Projekt Red can't catch a break:

CD Projekt hit by "targeted cyber attack"

This is very much a case of kicked someone, when they are already down.

I am starting to feel sorry for them. All they really owe people is a refund and nothing more, and they did offer that, which is more than you can say for Anthem for example, or for similar games like this.

That's great news for modders. Someone correct me if I am wrong. For all the talk of greed running CDPR, there probably is someone saying why should we make public assets that have been worked on a hence owned by us .ect

They'll be fine. If linus tech tips thought me anything, these companies have racks of back up servers. Their work won't be affected.

I think they are partly state owned too, so there won't be a chance of some group using the corporate knowledge gleaned for some takeover.

It's the gift that keeps on giving, in a nice way.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ricimaki

The biggest issue with these attacks is not the content/source code itself, but any potential HR or personal employee details. It's possible they have the contact details, address, salary/bank details etc. of every employee who worked on the game.

As for the game itself, I've now played through it 2 times, and am about to start it a third time. I'm playing it on a high-end PC, and am really enjoying it. I did avoid most of the pre-release hype, so didn't have any expectations going in. I did also really like The Last of Us 2, so maybe there's something wrong with me :)

I've had a relatively bug-free experience, and had a lot more issues with Assassins Creed Valhalla than with Cyberpunk. Having seen some of the console gameplay, it definitely looks like a completely different game to what I've played, though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement