Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What did you need money for?

Unless you trying to buy every vehicle I didnt need money at any point, always had loads.

I did all the handler missions and had millions from selling anything that wasnt legendary, all the best cyberware were found in the side missions.

once i got the porsche kinda stuck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

I did all the side missions and fixer missions as well, and I could barely afford the cyberwares I wanted, I had to save for the double jump legs.
    I don't remember any interesting cyberware that I got from side missions.
    I never sold weapons, I dismantled them for parts.
    So I never had enough moneys to buy even the cheapest of cars, but strictly for getting around Jackie's bike is perfect.

I am 100% sure I got legendary cyberware from gigs, 101% I got the legendary mantis arms in a box on one of the Psycho Dudes gigs :confused:

Every legendary I had was found or gained in gig or side mission hence having millions :pac::pac:

edit just googled to confirm yes the legendary cyber does spawn in certain places on gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Speaking of which, seems my good fortune has run out ever since the mission where you have to take out the three snipers. I'm getting silly things like open world activities not showing as complete even though I've completed them, crashes when driving into more visually busy areas, HUD remaining on the screen etc. Nothing that can't be fixed with a simple reload but annoying all the same.

I hit the same problem, but it can't be fixed by a reload. Areas I clear out don't show as cleared out, missions I complete don't show as complete etc.

I uninstalled (having thoroughly enjoyed it for a long time) and I'll come back to it at some point in the future when things have been patched.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TanookiMario

I was thinking of giving it another go on PS5 but not if the update is coming soon or if it is just as bad as it was back in January.

Last time I played I had issues and bugs straight out of the character creation screen.
    Basically the moment I was given control of the camera.

Has it been improved at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I was thinking of giving it another go on PS5 but not if the update is coming soon or if it is just as bad as it was back in January.

Last time I played I had issues and bugs straight out of the character creation screen.
    Basically the moment I was given control of the camera.

Has it been improved at all?

The full PS5 update won't be coming till later this year, you might be better waiting for that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Is this finished and fixed yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TanookiMario

Shiminay wrote: »
    Is this finished and fixed yet?

Nope.

As a console only gamer I can say it's one of the worst games I've ever played for just having constant issues and bugs.

I'm think of Skyrim and Fallout 4 as examples that come close but even then they are nothing like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Tried to get back in to it, but crashed three times in an hour. Refund requested, hopefully not too late.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve gone back to finish this as I was near the end when I lost interest previously.

The crashes remain an absolute disgrace on PS5. Absolutely one of the most fundamentally broken games I’ve ever played on a console. I’ll make allowances for COVID, but to have near hourly crashes not sorted several months and patches after launch is really not great.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Maybe now people will learn to stop pre-ordering games, especially from a company with a reputation for releasing unfinished products. It was the same for the Witcher 3 - not as bad as this, but I recall it wasn't good at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Witcher 3 was nowhere near this bad at launch. Which isn't to say it was perfect (especially on consoles), but it was definitely in a substantially better state than this.

W3 also had the advantage of being a pretty great game even with a few rough edges, an advantage Cyberpunk alas does not enjoy.

Maybe now people will learn to stop pre-ordering games, especially from a company with a reputation for releasing unfinished products. It was the same for the Witcher 3 - not as bad as this, but I recall it wasn't good at all.

W3 was fine at launch, the issue was his hair and puddles were not identical to the video at e3 2 years prior.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Witcher 3 had some heavy lighting downgrades iirc, but I don't think anyone sensible playing it was left feeling like they had misrepresented the game horribly

Ironically Cyberpunk feels the opposite, the lighting is a massive upgrade over the previews (on PC) just the game itself is as deep as a ham sandwich with a single slice of cheddar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ooh, gotta disagree with you there. I went back and watched the 2018 preview and while textures have improved, just about everything else is inferior. The preview looks more cinematic and photo realistic. The facial models are better too.Meredith Stout's hair and shadowing on her features is far better.

The PS5 still plays the PS4 version of the game so not surprising it wouldnt look great.

The poster did say its an upgrade on PC,having played both the Witcher 3 and cyberpunk on PC id have to agree. With ray tracing on its pretty impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I haven't played this since Christmas but i found my PS5 error log history recently and it's mostly Cyberpunk with a few random ones at PS5 launch. Was a bit jarring to see one game cause so many crashes and even more so to hear that it's still happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No, I'm good thanks. Enjoyed it and have no regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Playing this atm and not really that put off by its technical foibles (or which there are many) more the overall gameplay which I find pretty dull. Go to place, chop up everyone with the katana, loot them, rinse and repeat. Given that I'm not adverse to this kinda game normally (I play and enjoy Far Crys, ACs etc), I find it weird that I'm not enjoying this that much at all.

It was PC that I was referring to. There are comparison videos on youtube comparing the preview to the final PC build and it's no contest. The preview overall is better.

Have ye played the game on PC? I have and I dont see any major difference

I've also played it on a PS4 Pro,which did look way worse obviously.

Digital Foundries take on the PC version

• Advertisement

There are time of day aspects to consider also, afaik Cyberpunk implements global illumination into its RT which can be transformative to the lighting in a scene cause of how different objects emit coloured light. At max settings it's just a super 'consistent' looking image visually speaking, which is extremely important for atmosphere. Everything I've seen of the 2018 preview looks worse/flatter to the game I played visually speaking, even while hinting at a much more systemic/dynamic game. I actually watched the preview in full only after seeing that mission in the full game and I was kinda perplexed by the 'downgrade' comments except with regard to how well designed that mission is compared with every other one in the game

There are definitely some pretty **** looking parts as well though even on PC. Overall IMO tho the maxed out experience is genuinely 'breath-taking', just it can't really be ran very well for the time being.

There are time of day aspects to consider also, afaik Cyberpunk implements global illumination into its RT which can be transformative to the lighting in a scene cause of how different objects emit coloured light. At max settings it's just a super 'consistent' looking image visually speaking, which is extremely important for atmosphere. Everything I've seen of the 2018 preview looks worse/flatter to the game I played visually speaking, even while hinting at a much more systemic/dynamic game. I actually watched the preview in full only after seeing that mission in the full game and I was kinda perplexed by the 'downgrade' comments except with regard to how well designed that mission is compared with every other one in the game

There are definitely some pretty **** looking parts as well though even on PC. Overall IMO tho the maxed out experience is genuinely 'breath-taking', just it can't really be ran very well for the time being.

Id agree,in some small areas the demo and the retail version may trade blows but overall I think retail is better,by quite a bit in some areas. Not a downgrade at all in my book. I'm on a 3080 running at 1440p so it runs well for me at high settings.

I'm on a 3070 and ran it at way too high settings but the 'psycho' RT preset is too good to ignore.

If/when they fix it up it will be a fun game to return to with future hardware.

Got around to finishing this over the last few nights, as I only had around 5-6 hours of stuff left to do before the ending. It's probably around half the length of The Witcher 3 all in all (that's completing probably around half of the substantial side quests) which feels like a small mercy.

The game is, alas, a failure in most respects - graphics is perhaps its only area of unambiguous success, and even that's soured by the technical incompetence of the thing (on PS5 anyway). But what's perhaps its greatest failings beyond the hourly crashes is how it doesn't justify being either an open world game or an RPG. It's almost like it felt obliged to be these things because it's a modern AAA game from the developer of Witcher 3, rather than CDPR being able to figure out the game they wanted to make.

As an open world game it's startlingly shallow, and an ultimately uninteresting pastiche of better cyberpunk fiction. Night City is gorgeous but hollow, and none of the systems take advantage of it being open - indeed, some of the key open world systems (such as the 'wanted' system) are laughably half-baked. For a city divided into clear sections and factions, that never really factors into the gameplay itself. For all the incredible detail, the world-building is confused and under-realised. And let me tell you, if I never see the 'Bottoms Up' poster again it'll be too soon.

Similar accusations could be levelled at W3 in some regards. But when you go into somewhere like Novigrad there's a sense of place and bustle that IMO simply isn't replicated in 2077.

As an RPG, meanwhile, I couldn't have cared less. The menus are an unholy mess of items and stats. There is zero joy to levelling up in this game, as it just means you have to venture into the labyrinthine mess of menus to choose boring-as-**** upgrades which make little meaningful difference to how the game plays. Inventory management is a drag, especially when the game hurls mountains of annoying loot at you. The in-game economy seems fundamentally imbalanced - certainly if you're not actively doing the more tedious side gigs, you won't have much spare cash to buy the better cyberware upgrades (let alone cars). V herself feels like an awkward mix between authored and blank slate - the game really suffers from not having a protagonist with as rich and distinct a personality as Geralt.

If we extend the RPG element to its immersive sim aspirations, then the hacking and stealth are hugely shallow and you're better off just going in with a smart rifle blazing most of the time. Once you've used a hack once, you've seen all the emergent potential it has to offer - in other words, none. The bosses are Deus Ex Human Revolution v1.0 bad. For a game all about futuristic style at the expense of substance, it's hilarious how absolutely embarrassing your V will look throughout since fashion is aggressively tied to armour stats.

There is one single aspect where the game comes close to what the designers intended, and that's the Panam path through the game and ending. Now, this is still dragged down by some terrible action setpieces towards the end. But here, as a sort of character-focused friendship study (as a female V, it could only just be friendship) there was a satisfying arc that brought both Panam and V to a place that felt reasonably true and credible.
    The designers indeed seem so into this strand of the game that the ending (based on what I've seen of the others) feels like the canon one. But even that's a bit janky in times - the way it basically ignored my V's relationship with Judy made the otherwise poignant final cutscene come across quite weirdly indeed.

It's things like that that make me wonder if this game would've been better as a more linear affair - a sense amplified by the extended opening, which clearly received the lion's share of the polish and attention at the cost of almost everything else. There's an affection given to a couple of characters that, at its best, does remind you this is a CDPR game. When you reach the end of the game's handful of satisfying, expansive side missions, you can see the potential here, even if it only rarely reaches the heights of the studio's last major game.

Then you're once again back on the neon streets of Night City, and the tedium resumes until the game crashes to home screen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Did anyone else enjoy the
    GLaDos
    cameo?

Advertisement