Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

cnocbui wrote: »
    No, I'm good thanks. Enjoyed it and have no regrets.
    It is one of the worst software launches in recent history, but as long as you have your fun, that's alright yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

fixXxer wrote: »
    Did anyone else enjoy the
    GLaDos
    cameo?

Yeah that was funny. Actually influenced how I finished the mission.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Shiminay wrote: »
    It is one of the worst software launches in recent history, but as long as you have your fun, that's alright yeah?

Well my point of view, experience and opinions are more important than yours - to me. That's how things work.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Shiminay wrote: »

I didn't pre-order, purchased post launch, and only experienced minimal issues, certainly nothing game breaking, and very much enjoying it. Taking my time with it, but enjoying the experience so far.

Playing on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

On the flip side, the Beat on the Brat quest line was terrible. It actually made me laugh how unequal it was; two hits and you're out whereas it takes several punches to knock out the opponent. I've heard even those who decked out Body had a tough time. The final battle was so cheap I had to glitch it and use a baseball bat and even then it took several tries...

This annoyed me also, the army guy with the sniper was stupidly hard to beat.

I lost the final fight to Drederick Tatum never bothered trying it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

dreamers75 wrote: »
    This annoyed me also, the army guy with the sniper was stupidly hard to beat.

I lost the final fight to Drederick Tatum never bothered trying it again.

Once ya get the gorilla arms you batter everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh my god, what the hell are they thinking? :eek:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37768/whats-new-in-night-city-patch-1-2-development-insight

CDPR still think they're the adorable, down-to-Earth underdog developer riding high off the Witcher 3 and can put out these cute little viral marketing bits that we will fawn over, rather than con artists who exposed themselves to be, in some ways worse, than the people they criticised ("we leave greed to others." Yeah, right.)

This is fundamentally the problem with CDPR. They're so vain. Their goal is to repair their image, not repair the game. Fixing the game is just a means to an end.

Yeah i got annoyed after the first 5 sentences of that, just tell me what you're ****ing fixing. Not gonna win over anyone with this bollox.

Anyway, cops won't spawn on you anymore, ai won't knock you down as much, steering can be tweaked for better custom feel, rock your car free if it's stuck in environment, no more lurching forward also. Just pasty of the upcoming update. Another bollox news thing will announce the next fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Oh my god, what the hell are they thinking? :eek:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37768/whats-new-in-night-city-patch-1-2-development-insight

CDPR still think they're the adorable, down-to-Earth underdog developer riding high off the Witcher 3 and can put out these cute little viral marketing bits that we will fawn over, rather than con artists who exposed themselves to be, in some ways worse, than the people they criticised ("we leave greed to others." Yeah, right.)

This is fundamentally the problem with CDPR. They're so vain. Their goal is to repair their image, not repair the game. Fixing the game is just a means to an end.

Sorry to hear CDPR murdered your pet puppy. You are right to be angry. They really should do the right thing and buy you a new one.

Tbh I found a few decent spots where I could "hold" off the police attack indefinitley but them spawning on me stopped me from a good oul rampage.

I am not the only one who does this in open world games? Find a defendable spot and murder police and civilians then try lose the wanted level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I purchased gorilla arms specifically for the fights and they were still ill balanced.

Massively so. I had gorilla arms and my character was a bit of a tank towards the end of the game and the fistfights were a real chore, I'm quite surprised I finished them all, they were that frustrating. Needs a massive rebalance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

weemcd wrote: »
    Massively so. I had gorilla arms and my character was a bit of a tank towards the end of the game and the fistfights were a real chore, I'm quite surprised I finished them all, they were that frustrating. Needs a massive rebalance.

Strange I found them a big help. I also improved on the combat perks to go along with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

Tbh I found a few decent spots where I could "hold" off the police attack indefinitley but them spawning on me stopped me from a good oul rampage.

I am not the only one who does this in open world games? Find a defendable spot and murder police and civilians then try lose the wanted level.

You mean, like, on purpose? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Used to do it a lot in the GTA games. Not so much in Cyberpunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah i got annoyed after the first 5 sentences of that, just tell me what you're ****ing fixing. Not gonna win over anyone with this bollox...

I don't know.. I kind of like how the development updates are read like news reports. It's good for an immersive approach.

OK, release separate dev notes too for those that want to see fixes as a list but I also like the idea of them delivering changes in a roleplaying way. After all, it's supposed to be a roleplaying game. So I'm not flat out disagreeing.

It does say the full list of patch notes are coming soon at the bottom of this post.. Perhaps they should next time release both simultaneously.
    https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/whats-new-in-night-city-patch-1-2-development-insight.11083291/

Doesn't even look like theyre going to make the March date now.

This is just ridiculous now. They originally promised this patch for January and we're nearly into April now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think the game is a lost cause. Eventually their shareholders/investors will just want them to stop pouring money into fixes and move on. It'll get abandoned like Mass Effect: Andromeda at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

They can justify bugfixing with DLC and the online mode. Pretty sure they didn't hire multiplayer devs for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

They can also justify with the eventual return to PS store, but no amount of bug fixing and performance optimisation will turn it into the great game we were expecting.
    Yeah, I'm still bitter :|

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Give it a year. They’ll push it from being a 3/10 game to a 4/10 game ;)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ricimaki

That's the largest change list I've ever seen for a single patch for a game. Looks like they are going in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So I actually played this on the Xbox One X over the weekend and was really, really impressed. I know the base consoles are still supposed to be a mess but it looks really good on the One X now. If they can get it in a stable position now, I think I'll have to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Advertisement