Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ricimaki

28.8GB update on Steam. Apparently >40GB on some consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

ricimaki wrote: »
    28.8GB update on Steam. Apparently >40GB on some consoles

How big is the game now in total!?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ricimaki

62GB total for me. Update was fairly slow to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

102gbs on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Was happy to see the two final quests that are broken for me listed as fixed in the latest patch (Bugbear and Bloody Ritual cyberpsycho)

Still broken, can't complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

maximoose wrote: »
    Was happy to see the two final quests that are broken for me listed as fixed in the latest patch (Bugbear and Bloody Ritual cyberpsycho)

Still broken, can't complete.

Bloody Ritual. That's a complicated one. I remember I had to do a lot to get that done. if your giving it a go again, remember the entrance is a trigger point and give the sarcophagus some extra attension with a scan when your fairly sure you have done everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

So I actually played this on the Xbox One X over the weekend and was really, really impressed. I know the base consoles are still supposed to be a mess but it looks really good on the One X now. If they can get it in a stable position now, I think I'll have to buy it.

I enjoyed it on the One X, however, I have just got a Series X and a 65" oled tv to go with it. I have dipped in to have a bit of a look and it's a huge improvement. I'm waiting for some new content before playing it again.

The latest patch 1.2 and update doesn't appear to have an Xbox version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Still a lot of visual bugs on PC,was doing a mission with Panam last night and we were to assault a petrol station,the station had two big doors,they fully rendered in from distance so i thought they were closed and couldn't figure out where the last two enemies were despite being shot by them.

In the end I had to look where panam was shooting,got a bit closer to the door and poof it just disappeared and there were the two guys. Weird bug.

Rest of the night went well enough,still a lot of smaller bugs in the game though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Played about an hour on Series X yesterday, and everything ran fine.

Encountered no major bugs, and framerate was steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Still playable on Stadia.

They fixed "issue/bug" with painting !!
    No more free eddies !!
    New icons for guns and explosives.
    New icons on the map as well.

But I'm always run out of money thing with that painting is no improvement for me 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I just started playing this for the first time tonight on PS5 (fully patched). Enjoying it, but have come across loads of visual bugs - floating cars, characters walking through walls etc.

But my main issue is how it looks - genuinely looks like a PS3 game to me! Red Dead 2, released 2 years ago, is much prettier. Also, the city feels pretty empty. Not that many cars or people. Can’t imagine what it was like pre-patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

It wasn't the bugs that put me off it was the bullet sponge enemies :/

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Anyone else noticing the delay when opening inventory menu or the map since the update, or when in backpack some guns don't show the imagine?? Since the update, some things have gone backwards for me, though they did fix the mission I was stuck with so was happy to get that finished. But I was on the JS mission to find Alt with those clan people, during the backstage cinematic the frames dropped dramatically from the usual 60 down to 2, even managed to record it, it reminded me of how things were on day 1

Still though, will be back at it again later on this evening all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

1.6gb hot fix on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Hot fix 1.21 is already upon us !

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm 25 hours in and have gone from being ready to dump it and walk at about 10 hours to really liking it now. I started playing just before 1.2 and am on Xbox One X and have to say that it's running fine to my mind. It looks great on a 4K and HDR TV and the frame-rate, which it can chug sightly, has never been even close to being bad enough to ruin things for me.

The story though gets off to really poor, sloppy start and it's only with the recent side jobs - I Fought the Law and Riders on the Storm - that it's really got it's hooks in me. Definitely a game that is much closer to GTA than the Witcher 3 and anyone expecting a sci-fi Witcher will be disappointed but once I got over that, there's a great world to explore and some really fun characters to tell the story.

Can't see myself putting it down now until I finish it.

There's something about the game that keeps me coming back for a few hours at a go. 40hrs in and ill finish it eventually.

Got the Rayfield Caliburn for free from a tunnel the other night,the driving in the game isn't great but the car looks awesome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

This is exactly my experience with it as well. Makes a horrible first impression then gradually sinks its hooks in you.

I found it the opposite. Story was strong for first 7-ish hours, felt somewhat immersed in Night City and then its drops off with just a few moments of brilliance throughout the rest. The more I saw and played, the less of a bustling interactive city was presented.

Still enjoyed the 76 hours I put in and I'm sure in 2 years I'll give it another go when they have hopefully made it the game they promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

£19.99 on Xbox from Amazon at the moment meaning you'll get it for less than 20 euro as it doesn't quality for extra charges. Is it worth that in its current state? I'm tempted out of curiosity but wondering will I just wait for next gen upgrade and pick it up then, it'll surely only get cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

skerry wrote: »
    £19.99 on Xbox from Amazon at the moment meaning you'll get it for less than 20 euro as it doesn't quality for extra charges. Is it worth that in its current state? I'm tempted out of curiosity but wondering will I just wait for next gen upgrade and pick it up then, it'll surely only get cheaper

Depends on what you are playing it on?

Ps5/Xbox whatever new one is called/hi spec PC then yes its worth €20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

skerry wrote: »

Previous gen Xbox One/One X I probably wouldn't bother. Current Series X I'd probably say go for it but as you say, if you've waited this long the next gen upgrade should be out at some point this year. I'd be very interested to see what this games "final form" ends up looking like with improvements, DLC'S etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’m not sure it will actually drop much further in price than €20 in the near term. If anything, I’d imagine the price would go up again when the next gen version is out.

Thanks folks. Will be playing on Series X. Might give it a shot at 20 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So finished it last night and overall, it's a good game - a solid 8/10. Didn't really have too many technical issues and thought it looked really nice on Xbox One X and the framerate was never bad enough to put me off.

I just felt it was lacking in content really - especially when compared to something like the Witcher 3 or even Red Dead 2. You could almost see the parts where storylines and quests were cut to get it out the door and it felt really jarring and all over the place, especially once it got towards the end of the game. It took these huge big story beats and expected you to care about things that it just hadn't earned through the story telling.

I wonder how much truth there is to the reports that the story and game were changed drastically once they got Keanu Reeves on board because the Johnny Silverhand part of it really did feel tacked on at time.

Overall a decent game, felt short at 40 hours for the kind of game it was promising to be and who knows, maybe in a couple of years with some DLC passes and content, it could eventually be what everyone hoped it would be.

Finished last night,well one of the endings anyway,was level 27.

46hrs in total and i could have lobbed a few hours off that if i hadnt put off the last mission for a bit. Game was quite easy at the end with all the quick hacks.

Overall it was a decent game imo,reminds me a bit of mass effect andromeda. I thought that game was alright aswell but many hated it,i feel both games suffered from weight of expectation.

Although how CDPR released CyberPunk was much more shady than bioware just not delivering the game mass effect fans wanted.

7/10 for me if you can get over expecting the game to be the second coming of christ

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I will pick this up once the Series X version is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Overall a decent game, felt short at 40 hours for the kind of game it was promising to be and who knows, maybe in a couple of years with some DLC passes and content, it could eventually be what everyone hoped it would be.

They'll never get to within an inch of what they allowed to be marketed. Unless they give it the Realm Reborn treatment. The DLC down the line craic can't be accepted anymore if you're going to allow marketing to run amok.

I've played a couple of hours of this since I picked it up and have to say I can't see patches making it into a great game or anywhere near what they promised. Seen a decent amount of bugs, NPCs blending into each other and walking though walls, but main issue is that everything game play wise feels off. Driving is terrible, gunplay is very poor. City is utterly lifeless and the dialogue seems really forced. Walk up to a bunch of NPCs and they barely react and if you do choose to speak to them you get some pointless line of dialogue that may aswell not be there for all it adds to the experience. Was a cheap experiment at 19 euro but will probably shelf it and give it a glance when the next gen patch drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

I enjoyed it for what it was but it came no where close to being what they said it would. Played through it once and didn’t bother after that.

Over promised and undelivered. Unlike the Witcher 3 which I have gone though for hours and hours

• Advertisement
Advertisement