Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Keane Reeves is in the game

Keanu + Cyberpunk

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Keanu + Cyberpunk

hqdefault.jpg

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Okay, so I was slightly off on my prediction of the 02-02-2020. But 4+16=20 so I'm still happy enough with my call! And I got the year correct a good few years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Hopefully some news on a collector's edition in next few days and some more gameplay.

The game comes with the following physical items:
    CASE WITH GAME DISCS
    REVERSIBLE COVER
    WORLD COMPENDIUM DETAILING THE GAME’S SETTING AND LORE
    POSTCARDS FROM NIGHT CITY
    MAP OF NIGHT CITY
    STICKERS
    Digital goodies included:
    GAME SOUNDTRACK
    ART BOOKLET FEATURING A SELECTION OF ART FROM THE GAME
    CYBERPUNK 2020 SOURCEBOOK
    WALLPAPERS FOR DESKTOP AND MOBILE

05273FD9-FD1E-4604-B664-1881CFB9F407-600x338.jpeg

COLLECTOR'S EDITION
    GAME SOUNDTRACK
    The Collector’s Edition comes with the following physical items:
    COLLECTOR’S EDITION BOX
    CASE WITH GAME DISCS (XBOX/PS4)
    REVERSIBLE COVER
    COLLECTIBLE STEELBOOK®
    25 CM / 10 INCH STATUE DEPICTING V — THE GAME’S PROTAGONIST — IN ACTION
    HARDCOVER ART BOOK
    METAL PIN SET
    QUADRA VTECH METAL KEYCHAIN
    AN ANNOTATED COPY OF A VISITOR’S GUIDE TO NIGHT CITY SEALED IN AN NCPD EVIDENCE BAG
    EMBROIDERED PATCHES
    MAP OF NIGHT CITY
    STICKER BOMB SET

GAME SOUNDTRACK
    COLLECTOR’S EDITION BOX
    REVERSIBLE COVER
    COLLECTIBLE STEELBOOK®

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

CASE WITH GAME DISCS
    REVERSIBLE COVER
    MAP OF NIGHT CITY
    STICKERS
    GAME SOUNDTRACK

05273FD9-FD1E-4604-B664-1881CFB9F407-600x338.jpeg

COLLECTOR'S EDITION
    GAME SOUNDTRACK
    COLLECTOR’S EDITION BOX
    REVERSIBLE COVER
    COLLECTIBLE STEELBOOK®
    25 CM / 10 INCH STATUE DEPICTING V — THE GAME’S PROTAGONIST — IN ACTION
    HARDCOVER ART BOOK
    METAL PIN SET
    QUADRA VTECH METAL KEYCHAIN
    AN ANNOTATED COPY OF A VISITOR’S GUIDE TO NIGHT CITY SEALED IN AN NCPD EVIDENCE BAG
    EMBROIDERED PATCHES
    MAP OF NIGHT CITY
    STICKER BOMB SET

GAME SOUNDTRACK
    COLLECTOR’S EDITION BOX
    REVERSIBLE COVER
    COLLECTIBLE STEELBOOK®
    Even though I love the idea of collector editions, it's usually a way for a company to make money for a game I have no idea is going to be good or not....

I do not have to worry. From the hour long gameplay segment last year and the one coming up (that they've already said will be released on YouTube like last time) and the company itself, I can trust them and give them the money for an amazing collector edition and know the game will be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CASE WITH GAME DISCS
    REVERSIBLE COVER
    MAP OF NIGHT CITY
    STICKERS
    GAME SOUNDTRACK

Hmmmm.....next gen is going to use Blu-Ray too is it?

ERG89 wrote: »
    Hmmmm....

Wouldn't be surprised after RDR 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Even though I love the idea of collector editions, it's usually a way for a company to make money for a game I have no idea is going to be good or not....
    This is why I'm actually ok with collector/whatever editions that don't contain the game. Many people burst a blood vessel when they see the game not included in a high-priced collection of some kind but it's 60 quid cheaper because it doesn't contain the game and allows people to become fans so they can buy it separately later... assuming it isn't in short supply or something.

The graphics on the trailer looked great (much like their previous games) but there's was pretty much no new info or gameplay. A bit disappointed by that but Keanu always gets me hype though: Tons of respect for that lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

The graphics on the trailer looked great (much like their previous games) but there's was pretty much no new info or gameplay. A bit disappointed by that but Keanu always gets me hype though: Tons of respect for that lad.

There's two closed gameplay presentations at E3 one for journalists and one for public but no filming but expect more info in coming days. They'll probably release the gameplay like they did 10 months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Keanu is the coolest.

Looks like Keanu might play Johnny Silverhand..... Who you can pick as a childhood hero for your character. Yes......yes I choose Keanu as my childhood hero. One less thing I'll have to spend hours deciding on when creating my character.

From wiki.
    Johnny was mentioned in the gameplay preview video on the radio. In it, the announcer says that he "took his last ride" in 2076. He was also an option to pick as your character's childhood hero..

On E3 2019 it was revealed that Keanu Reeves will play the role of Mr Fusion, a mysterious figure that resembles Johnny Silverhand, though nothing is confirmed as of yet, it is highly suspected that this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

That's one of my week's off sorted for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That's one of my week's off sorted for next year.

I'll take the Friday and probably Monday too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Just take my damn money already!

Great reaction to the Keanu reveal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Must... not.... pre-order.

I have a lot of faith in CDPR, but I refuse to pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Must... not.... pre-order.

I have a lot of faith in CDPR, but I refuse to pre-order.

I think this is the one game every few years that justifies it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

titan18 wrote: »
    I think this is the one game every few years that justifies it.

But why bother pre ordering? Its not as if its going to sell out everywhere. Its not COD Fifa or GTA and whilst its going to be massive in the gaming world, id wager it'll barely catch the attention of the more casual gamers. There will be plenty of copies to be had between Argos Smyths and (shudder) Gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

weiland79 wrote: »
    But why bother pre ordering? Its not as if its going to sell out everywhere. Its not COD Fifa or GTA and whilst its going to be massive in the gaming world, id wager it'll barely catch the attention of the more casual gamers. There will be plenty of copies to be had between Argos Smyths and (shudder) Gamestop.

Worth it for the current GS €10 trade-in deal (if you can get a game of the list reasonably cheap)

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Worth it for the current GS €10 trade-in deal (if you can get a game of the list reasonably cheap)

Usually guaranteed to find it a tenner cheaper elsewhere anyway so you wont need to give any business to GS

Look at CDPR being pure shnaaaaakes

Irv3tmx.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

16th of April ?

Eiaha.gif

Message from the devs about gameplay footage, preorders and editions of the game
    Finally, after months of preparation, we can share with you two big things we have been hard at work on — CP2077's cinematic story trailer and a brand new gameplay demo! Yes, yes, we know — for now, the demo is only available to the lucky ones who managed to get tickets to E3 and the rest of you will have to wait until gamescom or the public dev Q&A unveiling stream at PAX in August. Yeah, we can already feel the bashing you're gonna give us online :(. "Why are you not treating us fair", "why is the gameplay not being released right away?". The reason is we want to make the most out of the months of work we put into the demo and first showcase gameplay live at E3 and gamescom. Releasing gameplay right away would make the gamescom presentations pointless and would significantly limit our chance to build hype. Why do we need to build hype? To get more gamers interested in CP2077 and, hopefully, convince them to give it a go. We are putting our hearts and souls into making CP2077 a great game and we would like as many gamers as possible to find out about it and experience its amazing story. Also, hype can turn into sales (after all, we are not a charity), and good sales allow us to grow, take creative risks and deliver new, great games for you to enjoy.

And let’s not forget about one more super important announcement — the release date. Less than a year from now, on April 16th, 2020, you’ll finally be able to sink your teeth into Cyberpunk 2077.

As you probably noticed, we prepared 2 editions of the game. Why only two? Because when we pre-order ourselves, we don’t like to go to Wikipedia to compare content. We have a simple deal: there’s the standard edition, the one we think most gamers will choose, and a limited Collector’s Edition. While we're pretty proud of the CE, we'd like to turn your attention to that first one. Why? Because we have really maxed out the physical capacity of the box with goodies. We think this raises the bar for "standard" and we hope you'll think so, too. Also, since pre-orders are live, you might be wondering if there’s any point in placing an order now. Yes, if you want to give us some extra support. Pre-orders help us build anticipation — the more copies you pre-order, the more likely it is for us to get retail (both digital and physical) behind the game. Therefore, if you like what you see, we will appreciate you "voting yes" for CP2077 with a pre-order. If you are still hesitating though, we would rather you wait for more materials or reviews. Our goal is for you to truly enjoy CP2077 and not regret a pre-order.

Take care and looking forward to seeing you in Night City! CD PROJEKT RED team

weiland79 wrote: »
    Usually guaranteed to find it a tenner cheaper elsewhere anyway so you wont need to give any business to GS

On the bargains thread folks have found some of the listed games for €25. Plus a tenner, total €35. Can't see you getting it that cheap anywhere else at release

JimBurnley wrote: »
    On the bargains thread folks have found some of the listed games for €25. Plus a tenner, total €35. Can't see you getting it that cheap anywhere else at release

Do you have a link to that post Jim? Will save me comparing prices from the list to argos. The gamestop list has gotten ridiculously short with a lot of games not even out yet.

Ah ok, i misunderstood. I thought it was a tenner off the price of the game. That seems decent then.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Do you have a link to that post Jim? Will save me comparing prices from the list to argos. The gamestop list has gotten ridiculously short with a lot of games not even out yet.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057895640&page=57

Post 846 has a list of prices (not sure what the stock is like, watch out that Lego 2 has been removed from GS list), post 863 someone found one for €20 (I could have sworn someone found another for €25 but can't find it now).
    Haven't done anymore research myself yet, waiting to see if E3 will bring anything else worth looking at

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

First game I've pre-ordered outside of Blizzard once for years, hype :)

Advertisement