Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I have the ps4 disc. Upgrade to ps5 was not showing for me last night but is when I inserted the disc just now. 55gb download underway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I don't suppose you could do me a massive favour and tell me what the CUSO code is on both the play and install discs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Can I ask how the trial works? I heard mention for one of the demo systems in play by one of the consoles, the timer starts when you initiate the download (!?). Anyone know what the story is for 2077 on a PS5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

CUSA16579 is on the case and play disc. Upgrade option appeared once play disc inserted.

CUSA25194 on data disc (not used this).

FYI, purchased from Smyths in Ireland

OK, this is the same as mine. Hopefully mine works too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hopefully working now when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Linked to the playtime counter, it shouldn’t be running when you don’t have the game on. I’d assume you can play up to 5 hours at which point the trial will lock. Should be enough to get a feel for the game at least.

That trial where the counter starts when you begin the DL was only with 1st party Sony titles IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Mine is currently downloading the ps5 version, glad they got the issue sorted so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Have played through the first few hours again on Series X (I made it about 5-6 hours in first time round and then gave up). No noticeable bugs so far, it was absolutely riddled with them last time. Looks good so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Somehow runs worse on PC after that patch, weird edgyness to everything now with RT on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Having such a different experience with this than first time around. I feel like I'm in an actual Cyberpunk world, in awe of the characters and environments where as first time around, I didn't get that at all but blurry graphics and dead city. I feel like I'm actually now playing the game as it was meant to be. Do glad i held off a year to experience it proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

For those who have played it so far is there a noticeable difference in how the city feels in terms of cars, people and activity?

I played through this on Stadia and while I really enjoyed it the empty city was the biggest disappointment for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭McFly85

For me, definitely. I hadn’t played since December 2020, made a decision to wait until they’d sorted it out.

While not night and day, it’s much better. Driving particularly feels better and pedestrian areas are more populated. It feels more like a city - the few hours I put into it originally it felt like a lifeless facade but it’s a better experience this time(I’ve found myself getting sidetracked while on the way to missions which I don’t really recall happening the first time around).

I think it helps that I went into the PS5 game in the opposite way to the PS4 original, completely skeptical instead of hyped. While I downloaded it just out of curiosity, I could easily see myself going through the whole thing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Once again I find myself starting another playthrough. Felt it would have been a waste not to after waiting for three hours to install the update. So far so good anyway. I chose street kid for this playthrough so I will have played all three lifepaths now.

One thing I like is that even now I can go a different route than previously and try a different ending. Although I do think there should have been more to the lifepath you choose than just having a different prologue and conversation choices like maybe each lifepath has a different path you take during the game and one that is completely different from the other so it's not always the same game. So for example, if you start as a street kid then you have a better relationship with people because they know you from the street so it might unlock a few new areas for you to explore or give you access to exclusive missions that you wouldn't get as a Nomad or Corpo and vice versa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The quality and clarity of the visuals is definitely a step up from PS4, and some of the weird visual artefacts (such as the strange streetlamp effects) have been fixed. It's definitely a more bustling world too in this new version, and the neon streets pop with HDR that actually works.

I would say though if you have PC with an RTX card that's really the version to play to get the full 'next-gen' experience. The PS5 version feels like a decent port of a last-gen game IMO, but with PC you can really mess around with the ray-tracing stuff and get a very technically advanced game. Provided you have the hardware, of course, which at the moment is no small ask!

Still, if that's not an option, the PS5 / XBSX seems like a solid version of the game. I'd suggest you might still be better off waiting for a full expansion if you're not super-excited to dive straight in - I had a lot of issues with the main game (outside of the disgraceful last-gen launch release), and I think it'll take an expansion to hopefully properly build on the foundations and design.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think there's 2 ways to get a ps4 save running.

Import which coverts a save and didn't work for me, gave me a new corrupt save, and just plain loading the ps4 save and then saving it again which this time it'll be a ps5 save.

No way to move save back to PS5 if you wanted to if you were going to be away from ps5 it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It converted my "trial" file to the full game, that's pretty cool, didn't have to redownload it again....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Crazy that a game i was so psyched for and was sure it would be my game of the year for 2020 i only ended up buying last night for 24 quid. Once all the drama became apparent at launch i left it until the PS5 version and cant really complain for the price. Look forward to giving it a bash without ever playing a second of it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Was tempted to do another playthrough givin the changes to some of the game systems like perks etc but I reckon ill wait till there's a decent size dlc

A trial is available? OK I'll give it a look see finally but yeah seriously no sale, Elden Ring is next week CDPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Put about 5 hours into the ps5 version and dare I say it... I dig it. No issues on the ps5 so far that I've seen I'm playing the performance mode as recommended.

Looking forward to getting stuck into it properly albeit 2 years later than originally planned. I had low expectations going on which probably helped but well worth the 24 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Probably worth €25 for Panams lewds alone🤣

I was looking forward to the update but i didn't thing it would pull me in this much. All the little fixes and additions have made the game so much more immersive and has me interested in the characters and the world.

Even the perks were reworked, it's still so hard to decide what to pick as there's so much choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭McFly85

Yep I find myself playing it a lot more than I thought I would. I’m already past the point where I originally had enough the first time around and really enjoying it.

But I did just pre order Elden Ring though, so can’t see myself sticking with it too much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It's cool how some missions have different outcomes depending on your decisions. I think I've gotten a whole bunch of different outcomes for my three playthroughs.

So for the mission with the Voodoo Boys where you have to infiltrate the GIM. The first time I played it, I took out the NetWatch agent and fulfilled my end of the deal to meet with Mama Brigette. I left on peaceful terms with her even if she lied to me about helping me.

The second time I played the mission, I cut a deal with the NetWatch agent which led Mama Brigette and the Netrunner's deaths, but I managed to sneak out without being detected. Although I managed to sneak up on Placide and kill him with a sneak attack (That guy really annoyed me).

On my third time around, I took out the NetWatch agent, and then after my conversation with Alt I decided to get revenge on Mama Brigette and the Netrunner and killed all the Voodoo boys. This one was my favorite choice as I got rid of everyone involved in that mission, all of which had their own ulterior motives.

System update available for ps4 to fix the issue where the game wouldn't launch from ps4 disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭a2deden

I liked it, not buy it like it, but in the summer when my time opens up i might buy it like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Advertisement