Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

>>Outside my apartment there were cops banging on another apartment door

You missed a side mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was thinking maybe it'd trigger something if I interfered, but I also didn't care to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That cop mission is interesting as you can complete it without doing some optional stuff and get the reward and then completely miss what was really going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I have to agree with Penn. There's nothing particularly bad or broken about the game, but it's just a lot of meh. Seeing the thread get commented on made me think about re-installing and giving it another go, but I think I'll stick to my guns (again) and wait for the GOTY edition which will hopefully resolve everything.

CDPR are better at fantasy than Sci-Fi!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Interesting, this youtuber claims to have received a 72 page document from an informant at Quantic Labs QA company who took care of the QA work for Cyberpunk. Apparently, the leaker claims the company misled CDPR about their team size and experience. Also, they would flood CDPR with minor glitches instead of reporting on the game breaking ones. If true, CDPR have grounds for a major lawsuit I imagine but then I also imagine that CDPR would have been escalating to Quantic Labs who were obviously missing major bugs that anyone in CDPR would have seen during their own testing.

• Advertisement

I can't imagine how CDRP was not aware of the game and immersion breaking bugs you will absolutely 100% guaranteed get in the first hour of playing of the first release on any platform. Even if a subcontractor did the QA they are the ones that decided that yes, we are launching this hot pile of steaming mess now, as it is.

Yeah and CDPR were already caught sugar coating it for share holders. Could picture them saying the QA team said all is good all must indeed be good.

FWIW I worked in this industry ~15 years ago and this kind of "metric" from outsourced QA was nothing new even then. So no, that's not an excuse. They made the conscious decision to launch it as it is, rather than sitting on it for 1 more year probably because they really needed the revenue - which may even be a very valid excuse, it can be that they couldn't have survived another year with no additional revenue stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

CDPR need to be cut a bit of slack here I think, the whole outsourcing idea is you get someone to perform the work to the expected standard so that you don't need to double job and peer review everything a 2nd time.

From the report the outsource group bombarded CDPR with minor bug reports while throwing the game breakers under a rug to meet "quotas". If anyone works in a software development environment you know that each "bug" needs to be analysed separately as part of a sprint (a period of weeks leading up to a deployment of said work). If you knowingly lie to the person who has hired you to do a specific job and fill those sprints with irrelevant minor bugs to be reviewed/analysed/corrected you are chewing up Dev time to fix the glaringly obvious issues.

That by no means excuses CDPR from not having at least one person on their side play the game as said for 1 hr on various platforms, but a piece of the process as critical as QA being handled in such a devious and outright deceptive manner as that report describes would cause absolute chaos for anyone,nevermind one of the most awaited games of the 10's.

Gaming development is a creative industry that creates art, not just any software, the creative process is far less formal and the team have the power to defer or simply not fix minor bugs. However, there is no way in hell they were not aware that when they closed the last story in the sprint the main character was T-posing butt-naked on the bike. So I think the less it surfaces now when their transgressions are all but forgotten the better :)

• Advertisement

The guy released a follow up video to reiterate the report information and that the story is still in progress as news outlets were running stories from it that the QA company was completely at fault for the buggy launch. Legacy Killa who has contexts in CDPR posted the below, sounds like the devs well knew what it was like and don't blame QA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

This game is great craic to play imo. After really getting into it in ps5. Playing in a Samsung q80t and t looks great in parts and sj16 in other parts. Get a good feeling of power blasting through it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

For anyone with this on a series S it got a performance mode in today's patch

Anime out today and looks the part.

The Locations, you can see the hacking mini games pop up when people are doing that, the security camera hud and enemy icons

Haven't gotten around to the anime yet but heard that catchy song from in that's been stuck in my head for days. Decided go back to Cyberpunk as i had previously stopped to play other games. Really enjoying it and about to do the point of no return mission. The leveling up is awful, i have 5 attribute points and no real desire to level up at all, same with perks.

Anyway, one the game is complete, does it put you back into the world pre-endgame or do you have to keep a save file for it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing it myself at the moment, fantastic game, I think it puts you back in the game before the final mission.

There's no enemy auto levelling so you can out level a mission/area by the time you get to it. Even if going by the skulls when you about the right level it's usually still pretty easy.

Playing on hard at a minimum doesn't undo this but at least it makes mistakes more costly so you've to actually try and keeps gear and skill right, but on the other hand it can make some parts too difficult when you wander outside you the area you're meant to be and some random goons are tough.

They let you change the difficulty at will so no reason to not slide that up or down if it's too easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I'm still blaming CDPR, the final responsibility was on them to actually play the game before releasing it.

Some pics before I finally visit Embers for end game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

< 20 quid and I'll buy.

Patient Gamer here 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I want to play this game also but like you only if it's on sale at a decent price.

So I finished this, quite happy with the ending I got and ended up enjoying the game so much, went straight into a new game. I might go back to the old save to do some gigs and other side stuff though. I rarely spent any money so might splash out on an apartment or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Still no DLC.

I finished it and did the multiple endings near release and said I'd go back for DLC but that's a long time ago now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've done most things now in the game, coming to the end of the game myself, I've cleared all districts of gigs, the npcd things,all psycho quests done, brought all 27 optional cars, done most of the side quests, very enjoyable game I must say but surprised by how short the main story is, thought it would be longer, still a great game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It's < 20 stg now on amazon for PS version on Amazon.

Waiting for XBox SX for super quiet console experience.

Finished it tonight, 80 hours, did all the endings and got the plat, I really enjoyed it, looking forward to the expansion and the next games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 hart.janis22

I was disappointed this game

Advertisement