Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've been trying to get into this again, but I just can't. I don't know what exactly it is, but any time I'm playing I just don't have the urge to go on. It feels... lifeless? According to the stats page, I've 20 hours played. The constant inventory management and how things are laid out, especially when selling... it's a slog. The gunplay is meh at best, feels very dated. Melee combat is laughable, only the power attack has something that looks somewhat realistic, while the normal attacks are painful to watch. The upgrades are... well, I dunno. It takes me ages to decide what to put the point into. The driving is terrible. I was going 200mph (allegedly) in a fancy car (future sleek muscle car?) and it felt so slow compared to this knock-off futuristic MR2 which couldn't go anywhere near the speed but felt faster. And it's just bad in general.

There's too much going on too soon, it could have benefitted from a more robust intro which better details all the things you can do. I'm supposed to be living in this future world but I know feck all about living there. And Johnny Silverhand, could have been a great character but Keanu does NOT have the voice for voice acting. He pronounces every word dictionary perfect and it just doesn't suit what's on screen. He actually annoys me, and is detracting from the game. I also feel it would benefit from a 3rd person mode. Crazy that on-foot it's first person and automatically goes to 3rd person in a car.

I don't get where the love for this comes from, but I'm just gonna pop it into the same category as Days Gone. I look forward to the PS5 version of TW3. I realise I said I don't know why I don't like it and continue on to explain things I don't like, but it's not just them. I'm just not "feeling" the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Got a physical copy of this today from Amazon for 12 euro delivered. With map, and postcards free next gen upgrade and fixes ...XBox version.

Patient gamer win !

Onto the shelf / backlog it goes ! 😉

Looking forward to playing it. But going to run down the GamePass subscription first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I thought this was funny. There are a few of these Ace Ventura videos going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Only about 10 hours in on PC and concentrating mostly on side missions and other stuff away from main story at the moment and am really loving this. Game world is very ambious and for me they have just about pulled it off and created an excellent game.

Just finished the main story, what started out as a great game has ended up being just mediocre. This could possible have been the greatest game ever made but its just not there. No where near as polished as GTA5 or RDR and am finding the more I get into the game the more flaws there are. Game world could have been epic but its just dead. No real bugs as such in the game but its things are just not right in it. Might stick around and play out some side missions to see if im missing anything out on anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

I had this game on my list for ages as one to get to, but by the sound of things I'm better working through other games on my backlog first.

It's a pity, I finished Witcher 3 right when the hype for this was mega - the issues at launch put me off but reading your comments, as well as comments by others online, it doesn't seem like this one is worth the effort.

If you get it on sale definitely give it a go. There's a good game in there trying to get out but the polish is just not there I think. Over ambitious project maybe, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

My 2 cents on the matter is I finished it last year and it was probably my favourite game of the year. I stuck to the main quest line for the most part but thought it was fantastic, loved the world, the characters and the story. Is it the greatest open world RPG game....nope but it's a lot of fun if you don't expect it to be the genre defining masterpiece that the hype made it out to be

• Registered Users Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I got it for 10 quid physical on black Friday. 😊 Now, just need to find time to play it. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Judging the game without doing the sidequests is missing a fair bit of the game, IMO, and isn't a sound basis on which to form an opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭xtal191

A lot of the side quests are better than the main story which was fairly shite imo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm looking forward to doing a 2nd playthrough when the new patch arrives, 1.7 i think that reworks some mechanics like how cops work. No idea of what build to use though, i really like the samurai sword melee build but the sword attacks generating sparks instead of blood against human enemies felt so off.

Anyone going to get the expansion pack? I'm a bit weary of it but The Witcher DLC's had better content than the main game, would be great to see it have a success story.

I think 30 hour of play is enough to form an option of any game.

Definitely some of the side quests are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jobrien874ie

Feel like it already bit me the first time by buying it with all the issues - seems difficult to support the devs after that - their are some things in the game which are done well but its few and far between

Will definitely be looking at reviews first but i can't see any major improvements until cyberpunk 2 (2078?) If that ever does happen. They have a great world to build on but there were so many misteps and missed opportunities to be a truly great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jobrien874ie

Yeah man its a real dissapointment considering how much lore and material there was to work with - the original reveal trailer still gives me chills just wish it had been like that :D @Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ricimaki

I think when they had that live stream showing new apartments, changes to peoples behaviours in cars etc. it launched very soon after the stream ended - possibly the same evening? Hopefully its something similiar here

Phantom Liberty is it 26th September this year. Preorder is up, would want to be a hefty expansion for 30 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For the love of god, don't preorder this - we all know what happened last time with this bloody game 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The game is good and I got my money's worth. I'll hold of on pre-ordering, simply to see if it's worth the cost in terms of it's scope amd playtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Oddly enough, I think there’s even more pressure on this DLC than the original game itself. They messed that launch up so badly, and also set the DLC bar impossibly high with Blood and Wine, expectations will be huge for this.

Expectations will be big but they can't expect a big number of preorders surely. Whatever about the disastrous launch of the base game, i need to know if it's gonna be worth 30 quid. Blood and wine was only half that iirc and it was huge. I've a feeling we'll mostly be paying for Keanu and Idris's appearance fee.

Apparently a ton of changes being made to the main game, haven't watched all of this so far but sounds like the base game will be getting a hefty update and some of the changes are literal game changers like skill tree getting rid of percentages and giving perks instead, sounds much more interesting. Also cybernetics starts giving debuffs if you have too many equipped, cyberpsychosis-lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hopefully it's not fully separate. Rather it be more integrated with the new area even if walled off altering Pacifica rather than a loading screen to a new area.

Dev didn't answer questions on if this songbird stuff is another possible ending rather than a mission before the final branches.

This article mentions that the new area is incredibly difficult to to get into and that the dlc smuggles you in. After a few missions, you're free to come and go. It sounds like you'll get an insta death of you try force your way in without the dlc but that's just a guess.

Done more detailed info here on the base game changes. It's great that armour is now linked to cybernetics and not clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did they ever do a next-gen upgrade/update? Been thinking about finally trying it. Will likely wait until the DLC is out and seeing what updates come with that.

Yupp next gen version available alright. Plays and looks much better than the launch version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Got this from reddit

TL;DR: This is not a DLC. This is Cyberpunk 2.0.

* virtually every system of the main game has been changed and/or updated

* police system is completely reworked with multiple tiers of NCPD/mercs chasing you down in vehicles according to your wanted level, apparently on level 5 maxtac will chase you down and it will be some sort of bossfight against them (source: )

* perks and skills have been completely overhauled, no longer simple passive stat boosts, much more active abilities like different melee finishers, a dash, or the ability to deflect bullets with melee weapons

* an entirely new 6th skill tree that uses a different type of skill points (relic points) that will be used to add new abilities to your cyberware

* the difficulty curve is reworked/rebalanced

* the loot tiers are reworked

* archetypes of enemies have been redone for more variety in combat encounters

* installing cyberware now has an effect on your body and you cant install too much or else you will go cyberpsycho (no idea what that looks like in game)

* installing cyberware now has a first person cutscene added to it, just like in the prologue at Vik's clinic

* you can now "attune" cyberware to one of your attributes, making it more efficient if you have invested in that attribute; example here optical camo is attuned to the "cool" attribute:

* armor is no longer tied to clothing, it instead tied to your cybernetics

* vehicle combat is added to the game, you can even use your katana on your bike

* vehicles are no longer bought from fixers, but bought through a website set up by mama welles

* some vehicles have guns installed on them (machine guns, rocket launchers)

* new type of infinitely replayable/repeatable missions are being added where you need to steal certain vehicles marked on your map

* new activity introduced "airdrops", loot caches that drop randomly on the map that you can fight over and retrieve for yourself

* tons of new random events/activities are added to make the world feel more alive, like car chases and gang fights

Advertisement