Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nody wrote: »
    First game I've pre-ordered outside of Blizzard once for years, hype :)

PC users, please pre-order on GOG so Steam doesn't take their cut ;)

(or don't pre-order)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I know I should order from GOG but I like my games on Steam and I will eventually get it from GOG on GOG Connect :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    PC users, please pre-order on GOG so Steam doesn't take their cut ;)

(or don't pre-order)
    I've gone old school and pre-ordered a hard copy because I want the shinies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nody wrote: »
    I've gone old school and pre-ordered a hard copy because I want the shinies :P

Yupp, as much as I want it Digitally just for convenience and be able to play it at midnight, it does sound like the physical comes with some nice stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do ye think it will make the April release or will it be pushed back?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Message from the devs about gameplay footage, preorders and editions of the game

Considering that message and their communication in general with the fanbase during TW3 release and aftermath, I really like CDPR's way of doing business.

Maybe in the basement of their HQ they worship the devil and sacrifice kittens, but from what I can see I like them and wish them all of the success with their releases.

Honest, transparent, to the point, fair to their fanbase - Quite a few other studios could do with taking a page out of CDPR's handbook.

Do ye think it will make the April release or will it be pushed back?

Remember this post last so we can blame Sephiroth for jinxing it if/when it gets delayed :)

Speaking of, did Witcher 3 have delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is the CE available for pre-order here or in the UK yet? I’ve only seen it on Best Buy so far. :(

martyos121 wrote: »
    Is the CE available for pre-order here or in the UK yet? I’ve only seen it on Best Buy so far. :(

Gamestop said they will be the only shop in Ireland to stock it, should have it on the site tomorrow. Expected to be around 250 which I would prefer to put towards a 4k TV before this comes out. I love the statue though and the key chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    PC users, please pre-order on GOG so Steam doesn't take their cut wink.png

(or don't pre-order)
    I used to buy on GOG (142 games there) but Steam's proton and Valve investing untold amounts of money and staff into open source projects to better support linux has made me buy almost exclusively there now. That said I won't be per-ordering either way and will wait to see how its launch week goes.
    Honest, transparent, to the point, fair to their fanbase - Quite a few other studios could do with taking a page out of CDPR's handbook.
    Although I do like their business model their history of lying, apologising for memes and even assisting journos to ruin one of their own staff's career has made me never trust them on their word ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gamestop said they will be the only shop in Ireland to stock it, should have it on the site tomorrow. Expected to be around 250 which I would prefer to put towards a 4k TV before this comes out. I love the statue though and the key chain.

Just checked their site and it’s up there now (€259.99)! Trying to decide between risking a delivery for release date or collecting in store, any have previous experience with them for release date deliveries, are they reliable? It’d be handier for me than going in for it. I’m going to book the week off for this and I don’t want to be left without it for the weekend after all that. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Remember this post last so we can blame Sephiroth for jinxing it if/when it gets delayed :)

Speaking of, did Witcher 3 have delays?

Two of them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fuko200

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just checked their site and it’s up there now (€259.99)! Trying to decide between risking a delivery for release date or collecting in store, any have previous experience with them for release date deliveries, are they reliable? It’d be handier for me than going in for it. I’m going to book the week off for this and I don’t want to be left without it for the weekend after all that. :(

Im wondering the same, mostly looking at collection in store instead though. I called up earlier and they said priority will be given to online orders - was gonna preorder for collection but i dont know if ill be guaranteed a copy.

Doesn't work.

Weird, the guy removed his tweet.

"Seems you're not among the sheep after all. Want to play game? Watch for the beeps"

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1138130134244872198?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

You're breathtaking guy gets collectors edition

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1137939405509804033

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Skerries wrote:
    You're breathtaking guy gets collectors edition

Imagine what those enthusiastic Bethesda fans got?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Imagine what those enthusiastic Bethesda fans got?

Paid, as per their contract? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That news about the breathtaking guy has been everywhere. The cynic in me thinks he was a plant for meme-y coverage.

But on the other hand, Keanu is breathtaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If Steelbooks are your thing. Amazon have this:

FSDIQn7.jpg

Pre ordered that today ^^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Does anyone remember the witcher 3 hype in the lead up to it's release? It's a genuine question - I'm late to the game myself and have no idea what was going prior to the title dropping. Was it better than the hype? Did the hype oversell it? Somewhere in between?

For what it's worth, I have a lot of faith in these guys. I've been playing witcher 3 for the past few months and am still getting blown away by the amount of quality work and thought that went into it. It set a very high bar in a genre that already had some really good titles in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Does anyone remember the witcher 3 hype in the lead up to it's release? It's a genuine question - I'm late to the game myself and have no idea what was going prior to the title dropping. Was it better than the hype? Did the hype oversell it? Somewhere in between?
    Overall it was very well received and delivered on many of its promises however it's worth noting a video I posted earlier that shows they did in fact lie about graphics and redkit.

I remember people noticing the graphical downgrades live on their trailer stream straight away. It wasn't really the downgrade that annoyed me (still looks great imo) but their lying, dodging and silencing of the whole subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I remember people noticing the graphical downgrades live on their trailer stream straight away. It wasn't really the downgrade that annoyed me (still looks great imo) but their lying, dodging and silencing of the whole subject.

Pretty sure they said games are downgraded and sometimes videos are touched up before/after E3.....but the gamerz were having none of it and went with lying to complete their outrage.

Its the best game of its type, better than any Zelda!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

For what it's worth, I have a lot of faith in these guys. I've been playing witcher 3 for the past few months and am still getting blown away by the amount of quality work and thought that went into it. It set a very high bar in a genre that already had some really good titles in it.

I was hyped for it. I booked the week off work just for it and all.

It had some pretty ****e bugs at launch though. One or two gamebreaking ones if you got caught with it. Those weren't fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Witcher 3 is widely regarded as the best open world rpg of all time. Cyberpunk looks like it's taking that to another level.

I have a feeling cyberpunk will go down as the greatest game ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

BloodBath wrote: »
    Witcher 3 is widely regarded as the best open world rpg of all time. Cyberpunk looks like it's taking that to another level.

I have a feeling cyberpunk will go down as the greatest game ever made.

Do many people have the same view?

What kind of longevity will it have? Online play like GTA that people are still playing years later? Or more like last of us where once your finished the story then there's not much keeping you there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yes, check out the steam or meta critic reviews.

Replay-ability from the branching story paths. DLC content and modding on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Advertisement