Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone else get the notification from Playstation saying you can cancel your pre-order because of the delay?

Panicked because I never even pre-ordered it in the first place so I was very confused for a second and asking myself "Did I pre-order this and forget?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone else get the notification from Playstation saying you can cancel your pre-order because of the delay?

Panicked because I never even pre-ordered it in the first place so I was very confused for a second and asking myself "Did I pre-order this and forget?"

Same, haven't preorder yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Ouch. A global call-to-action by a platform to cancel orders on a specific game... that will cost CDPR a lot. Pretty rich of Sony to do such a thing when they have had issues themselves with refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I'm still not convinced its coming before Xmas 99% expecting it will be pushed to 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Got that message too, and took me about 5 minutes of thinking that I must have pre-ordered it at some stage...

With the amount of games I'll be getting for free with the PS5, not to mention a few I will be buying, I'm 100% ok with CDPR taking as long as they want! Next year would actually be great at this stage. Isn't there a lull early in the year for gaming? Bring it out then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trophies list released. The story ones are hidden on this link.

Taster:

Breathtaking
    Collect all items that once belonged to Johnny Silverhand.

https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-trophy-list-revealed/#:~:text=Cyberpunk%202077%20has%20a%20total,app%2C%20except%20for%20hidden%20trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Trophies list released. The story ones are hidden on this link.

Taster:

Breathtaking
    Collect all items that once belonged to Johnny Silverhand.

https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-trophy-list-revealed/#:~:text=Cyberpunk%202077%20has%20a%20total,app%2C%20except%20for%20hidden%20trophies.

Wonder if that includes a dog skeleton.
    Too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1327242365074087941

Next Thursday for the next night city wire, I can't even remember if I watched the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1327242365074087941

Next Thursday for the next night city wire, I can't even remember if I watched the last one.

I usually just wait an hour or two and watch the trailers/features separately

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Looking pretty dang good. Running better on the One X than I thought it would

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Looking pretty dang good. Running better on the One X than I thought it would

It's almost weird, and very nice, that the One X is still a good step up from the Series S

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How can a game as big as Cyberpunk be half the size of the likes of Modern Warfare and Black Ops?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No multiplayer.

Vicxas wrote: »
    How can a game as big as Cyberpunk be half the size of the likes of Modern Warfare and Black Ops?

Don’t the cod games still use prerendered cutscenes they always take up huge chunks of space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

https://www.pcgamer.com/i-love-being-a-cyber-samurai-and-other-revelations-from-playing-15-hours-of-cyberpunk-2077/

I've been impressed by pretty much everything. Just don't go in expecting a revolution. This isn't a bold new leap for the medium, or a game that will redefine the RPG genre. It's an incredible, detailed, lavish thing, with a level of fidelity and reactivity most developers could only dream of. But it's more like a refinement of things we've seen in other games up to this point, rather than something that slices the rulebook up with a katana and totally rewrites it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

froog wrote: »
    https://www.pcgamer.com/i-love-being-a-cyber-samurai-and-other-revelations-from-playing-15-hours-of-cyberpunk-2077/

I've been impressed by pretty much everything. Just don't go in expecting a revolution. This isn't a bold new leap for the medium, or a game that will redefine the RPG genre. It's an incredible, detailed, lavish thing, with a level of fidelity and reactivity most developers could only dream of. But it's more like a refinement of things we've seen in other games up to this point, rather than something that slices the rulebook up with a katana and totally rewrites it.

I didn't need a reviewer to tell me that I knew it all along. Still going to get it once the Xbox series X enhanced version drops. Not going to bother playing the standard Xbox version and playing it again when the enhanced version releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sounds okay to me. I loved Horizon: Zero Dawn and that didn't really bring anything new to the table. Just refined some things.

You don't need to innovate to be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That gameplay trailer looked incredible, kind of like a next gen fallout with vehicles as far as open world first person rpg's go.

The gunplay looks fairly underwhelming every time I see it. ADS is a boring mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i mean i'll be happy with a sci fi GTA with a bit more immersion in the world and a good bit more rpg elements. which is what it seems it is.

pretty excited about the multiplayer they are bringing out after.

The gunplay looks fairly underwhelming every time I see it. ADS is a boring mechanic.
    It's designed for consoles. I'm expecting the barrel of the firearms to behave like they're at a 90° angle if you don't ADS. :(

The actual combat looks janky. NPCs have no interesting movement and melee doesn't connect smoothly. Even ancient first person melee games like Condemned had quality hit connections and animations. I guess they really went heavy on the RPG instead of first person combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

cyberpunk_specs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Because everybody in real life just hipfires and never aims down the sights???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Must be the best game engine of all time if a huge open world game has a low-end APU as the recommended CPU for high settings.

It's the exact same performance as a €80 i3-9100F.

Keep in mind most open world games are never the best in there field with certain mechanics for instance the gunplay in gtav is ass rockstar even knows it’s ass because they make auto aim the default setting

biggebruv wrote: »
    Keep in mind most open world games are never the best in there field with certain mechanics for instance the gunplay in gtav is ass rockstar even knows it’s ass because they make auto aim the default setting

You’re 100% right. And exhibit B, Skyrim

• Advertisement

Because everybody in real life just hipfires and never aims down the sights???? :confused:

It's hard to say what's realistic because if you were in a firefight similar to games with multiple firing hostiles surrounding you at close range with no cover you are dead.

Close range is extremely rare when it comes military strategies using rifles but that would be where you would still use ADS IRL I think unless it was literally point blank. IRL it's not really a binary between ADS and hip for non rifles. There's various degrees and angles you would use if you were to be in as many (unrealistic) close range engagements that the characters in these games find themselves in. For point blank you even stretch your elbow behind yourself.

gun2.gif

Advertisement