Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    My friend in Argos said they just got their shipment in. 4 days left.

Edit. €59 euro as well, good price.

I pre-ordered on Shopto, and including postage, it came to €57.27, which is good for me as I am several euro in petrol away from an Agos or Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Will the day one patch be included in the pre-load? And can game saves be passed from PS4 to PS5

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I was today old when I found out the next gen game isn't out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just realized this thread is 9 years old wow.

Really looking forward to this next week

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Will the day one patch be included in the pre-load? And can game saves be passed from PS4 to PS5

Xbox pre download is live if anyone here got it digitally? Really want to know this myself as i want to play Wednesday night but if it means a 40gb update is needed, that will be out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Xbox pre download is live if anyone here got it digitally? Really want to know this myself as i want to play Wednesday night but if it means a 40gb update is needed, that will be out.
    It is, pre-downloaded it a few days ago. 59.6 GB on a XB1 X.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Really looking forward to CDPR putting out a statement on twitter with that yellow background trolling us.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Really looking forward to CDPR putting out a statement on twitter with that yellow background trolling us.

Not just yellow.... Pantone 3945c

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1334549130069368835?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

cnocbui wrote: »
    I pre-ordered on Shopto, and including postage, it came to €57.27, which is good for me as I am several euro in petrol away from an Agos or Smyths.

Yea mine came to €52 or thereabouts, was pretty happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

I got charged by Smyths hope to get it early

• Advertisement

DeadWeight wrote: »

Highly likely you will have it by Wednesday, maybe even tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone know when the review embargo is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Boarded the hype train and bought this, booked Friday off. I wasn't (shock horror) a big fan of the Witcher III. I think, for whatever reason, I like shooting things so hopefully this will strike a chord.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Markitron wrote: »
    Highly likely you will have it by Wednesday, maybe even tomorrow.

Yeah mine just came through being in the real capital though things tend to take longer,

and funny enough as the distro centre is in carlow I find when i order for back home in carlow it comes quicker again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm curious to see what the reception to this is, and to see proper unscripted gameplay in the wild.
    The combat was the weakest part of Witcher 3, but I was coming from the likes of Souls games, so it was always going to be hard to measure up.

Bad gunplay can ruin a title, fallout just about manages to get away with it because of VATS, It'll be interesting to see what the actual gameplay feel of this is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I'm curious to see what the reception to this is, and to see proper unscripted gameplay in the wild.
    The combat was the weakest part of Witcher 3, but I was coming from the likes of Souls games, so it was always going to be hard to measure up.

Bad gunplay can ruin a title, fallout just about manages to get away with it because of VATS, It'll be interesting to see what the actual gameplay feel of this is like.
    Completely agree with you about the witcher in terms of the combat. I've really tried to get into the game because how much people rave about the narrative etc however I find the combat to be really janky and not fun.

Re: Cybperpunk.
    I'm not expecting it be as tight as something like COD or Battlefield, but as long as it's not worse than Deus Ex Mankind Divided then I can live with it

ShopTo just charged me. ****ing typical, looks like I might get a game early for once and I won't be playing it for another 2 weeks.
    SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Completely agree with you about the witcher in terms of the combat. I've really tried to get into the game because how much people rave about the narrative etc however I find the combat to be really janky and not fun.

TW3's combat does become quite good, but it takes a while for it to get going. It really comes alive when you play on Deathmarch difficulty, you have to use every means available to you to gain an advantage.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The tweet suggested this was out at 12am on the 10th, which is after 11:59 on Wednesday night so you can play on Thursday, but I see people talking about Friday.

Do they actually mean it comes out after 11:59pm on thurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Wonder will the day 1 patch be there for any who get it early? I'm buying it digital as didn't want to take the chance with delivery, but be nice for people to be playing it early so get some early reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

awec wrote: »
    The tweet suggested this was out at 12am on the 10th, which is after 11:59 on Wednesday night so you can play on Thursday, but I see people talking about Friday.

Do they actually mean it comes out after 11:59pm on thurs?

As you see in the below tweet it releases at 12 am on Thursday, meaning if you have digital copy you can play it ones it turns midnight. Who was talking about Friday?

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1334548241459933188?s=19

In other news, just saw this. Free goodies!!!

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1335917207562358785?s=19

• Advertisement

DeadWeight wrote: »

Hopefully this avenue works best.

I don't usually order games for delivery but when I saw your post I said I'd follow suit.

I would have went the digital option but if theres an upgraded version coming down the line, I don't want to be tied to the older digital version.

At least this way I can sell the disc and get the upgraded version when it comes out for the second play through.

I just hope it's not delayed beyond Thursday.

I suppose with Xmas postal delays they might have to post earlier, so more chance it comes earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Roll. On. Thursday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Imagine if cyberpunk came out and it was rubbish.

Like rise of the robots level hype and then vitriol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

For PS5 is it correct to buy the PS4 version on PS Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

AdamD wrote: »
    For PS5 is it correct to buy the PS4 version on PS Store?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ERG89 wrote: »

With a game this big, I would be weary of any reviews that are ready for today.

All I really need to know is how well it runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Retr0gamer wrote: »

dont-you-put-that-evil-on-me-ricky-bobby.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Any sign of Brian May on the soundtrack?

• Advertisement

Speaking of the Soundtrack, this is such a choon.

Advertisement