Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

Did they though? They literally said last gen consoles were holding them back and that there were bugs and everyone ignored the warning signs.

They had videos showing it running well on last generation consoles. Look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Did they though? They literally said last gen consoles were holding them back and that there were bugs and everyone ignored the warning signs.

Still released it to on the last gen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

They litterally said from the beginning it was a PS4/XboxOne (and PC) title. From the very beginning this has been marketed as a last gen title. For it to be this bad on last gen, after all their talk, is terrible, imo. Their consistent messaging has not been last gen versions would be much worse.

Plus, the fact that.... well, they dev'd it and sold it on last gen consoles.

And they only started saying last gen was proving difficult in the last month or so, well after initial (and originally delayed) release dates.

I have not bought this game, but from what I can see, the PS4/Xbox one versions of the game that people pre-bought, is not the game they were promised.

Could you imagine the better games we would get if people didn’t pre-purchase these games.

Even the fact that the console reviews could not be released until after the launch date.

Time and time again these developers pull this sh*t.

Cd Project Red tweeted today
    “The journey has just begun and we are hard at work on the upcoming fixes and updates to the game”

Sorry, the journey did NOT just begin, the game was launched today, after thousands of copies were sold

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I've played about an hour but running well on PC so far for me. Haven't played enough to judge but the world seems unbelievably detailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm only messing, I haven't played it. I'll wait until I get a new PC build and use Cyberpunk to give it a god run through its paces. By then hopefully the bugs will be fixed.

You can't write anything without someone jumping on ya :pac: However you can absolve all your sins if you just admit Days Gone is a great game...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Mine for Xbox was due today, alas...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

The game is absolutely massive. So much going on

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimbonaut

Anyone still waiting on their Smyths order?

Thought mine would have come with the regular post today. But nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The game is absolutely massive. So much going on

Seriously need to reorder how to get or do side missions

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Jimbonaut wrote: »

Yup.
    Exact same.

Thought it would have come today but alas

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Seriously need to reorder how to get or do side missions

How far are you in? I'm finding with a few side missions I have to come back to later because I haven't unlocked the requirements or don't have the funds to proceed.

I think I've only done 3 or 4 'main' missions. Level 6/7 I think with a street cred of 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Have been trying to play this the last two days on an original Xbox One, and it has been torturous. Low FPS, bugs, crashes, things getting stuck in constant loops, freezes etc. and I would be the last person to ever be bothered by things like this. It's wild how it can go from looking like one of the best games I've ever played one moment, to a neon covered turd the next.

It's more so frustrating that I can see the potential in it, but just can't extract it. Shouldn't have been released on this generation of console, I don't think any amount of patches will sort that performance. Time to start looking for a Series X in the meantime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I don't get it, Last of us 2 looked lovely. The Last Guardian was a masterpiece. If GTA 5 can do it, why can't this development team?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The amount of straight crashes is annoying. I can work away with the visual glitches but the thing goes down way too much

RasTa wrote: »
    I don't get it, Last of us 2 looked lovely. The Last Guardian was a masterpiece. If GTA 5 can do it, why can't this development team?

They probably could, they just choose to release it when it was unfinished

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It is a far more dense and built up city than anything you would see in either of those games. I was tempted to pick this up when it is released on PS5 but the embargo on reviewers being able to show you the bugs, and the ban on PS4/Xbox One footage prior to release makes me think twice about handing over money to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Yup.
    Exact same.

Thought it would have come today but alas

Exact same. Smyths no package yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Last Guardian’s performance issues on the base PS4 aren’t exactly the best example of a silky smooth experience :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Got a PS5 today. Got Spiderman to play instead.

I’d just get angry playing CP in its current condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Anyone getting joystick drift? I'm on PS5. I think the analogue sticks are so precise that's what's causing it.

Some people in reddit have changed the deadzones on the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

weemcd wrote: »
    Anyone getting joystick drift? I'm on PS5. I think the analogue sticks are so precise that's what's causing it.

Some people in reddit have changed the deadzones on the settings.

Yup, very noticeable in the menus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭klose

Running on a day one ps4 and I've had my first crash already after the first mission

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jimbonaut wrote: »

There is delays in the post office. I was waiting over a week for my car insurance cert to be posted to me. It was posted but delays held it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

They are completely different types of games and in the case of GTA5, that's a 7 year old game at this point and nowhere near as complex as CP2077.

It's not really reasonable to expect games to remain frozen in time to accommodate consoles.

Cyberpunk is really a "next gen" title that they had to release on the previous gen.

It was the same near the start of the Xbox One and PS4 era, a few "previous gen" releases were just horrible but existed because they couldn't ignore the install-base of the older consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I usually buy a game to play over Xmas every year. I was looking forward to this, but it seems like a kick in the teeth reading and watching all of the reviews.

I wouldn't expect perfection in such a vast and complex game. This seems like a broken mess. Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't actually played it. Doesn't look like it should have be released in it's current state. The PS5 version might fair better, so I'll hold out for that.

Playing on PC. No crashes, no glitches and runs like a dream so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

What’s a piss take is the last gen versions run like ass and people claim it’s a made for next gen game yet on PS5 and XSX the game in running the last gen versions with few enhancements but it’s not a complete next gen version yet wtf it’s been a cluster**** all around IMO

Advertisement