Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

Homelander wrote: »
    They are completely different types of games and in the case of GTA5, that's a 7 year old game at this point and nowhere near as complex as CP2077.

It's not really reasonable to expect games to remain frozen in time to accommodate consoles.

Cyberpunk is really a "next gen" title that they had to release on the previous gen.

It was the same near the start of the Xbox One and PS4 era, a few "previous gen" releases were just horrible but existed because they couldn't ignore the install-base of the older consoles.

But that just means they misled people for sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm not denying that it's been marketed to run on last gen. Whether it's been marketed well is a different matter. That shareholder meeting literally spelled it out that the last gen versions were a mess.

Was that the same shareholder's meeting where they said there was no more delays and then there was shortly after?
    Honestly this game has been in some form of development for around 8 years before those last gen systems were even released, they clearly made errors in judgement along the way as even the PC release is far from flawless itself either.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Just watched some of the PS4 footage, its pretty shocking, the only thing I can think of is CDPR thought "sure most serious gamers will have PS5 and XBOX SX, will be grand sure", which is the only way anyone could have seen the PS4/XBONE game play and thought that was acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Is this actually genuine footage from the PS4 base copy?!

From their senior Vice President of business development

Nowakowski was upbeat, however: "It was launched maybe a little earlier than should be, but it still helped with brand awareness," he said. "And the pre-orders were running anyway, so I definitely wouldn't say any money was lost."

If you want the game these companies promise to sell you, Stop pre-ordering.

• Advertisement

Everybody seems to be talking about the bugs but one thing that nobody is not talking about: the graphics.
    The graphics on last gen look REALLY bad. Low textures and blurriness.
    How did CDPR manage to botch this?

They made 560mill on pre-sales. What do they care

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I cant get over how good the game looks for me, disregard the cursor in the middle of the screen.

Play-Stadia-Google-Chrome-10-12-2020-21-07-21.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That Witcher 3 goodwill is gone out the window anyway. They're rolling in it now so understandably they won't care but people will be very wary of their next title.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've had not had too many issue before now, one time where something may have gone wrong or I mess up the mission log but I've not got a bug that won't let me continue.

Not to spoil anything but when you got to the hotel for the big mission make sure you've a few saves. I'm stuck with follow Jackie but Jackie disappeared in front of my eyes when I walked over to do the step before that and hit a button.

But CDPR are a wholesome indie studio who would never hurt us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'll assume they want their next developed game to sell tbf. This sold cos The Witcher 3 was so good. Their next game won't have that luxury now tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

J. Marston wrote: »
    That Witcher 3 goodwill is gone out the window anyway. They're rolling in it now so understandably they won't care but people will be very wary of their next title.

Have no idea what your talking about, people still rate CDPR and hold them in high regard. . Do you not remeber the issues with Skyrm, GTA5, No Mans Sky.

Stop being a drama queen and hold off on spouting your dribble.

Played around 3 hours in and loving it. Irrespective of the the studio who made it.

Have no idea what your talking about, people still rate CDPR and hold them in high regard. . Do you not remeber the issues with Skyrm, GTA5, No Mans Sky.

Stop being a drama queen and hold off on spouting your dribble.

Played around 3 hours in and loving it. Irrespective of the the studio who made it.

I bought Skyrim and GTA on PS3 and had no issues on day one. Both great day one experiences, not the utter clusterf@€k this appears to be on PS4

I bought Skyrim and GTA on PS3 and had no issues on day one. Both great day one experiences, not the utter clusterf@€k this appears to be on PS4

It's as good as Day One Fallout 76 on PS4.

titan18 wrote: »
    I'll assume they want their next developed game to sell tbf. This sold cos The Witcher 3 was so good. Their next game won't have that luxury now tbf

No game should have that luxury. People should refuse to pre-order. It benefits only the developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭klose

Applied for redund there

Mr Crispy wrote: »

Absolutely jaw dropping in this.

Hopefully the PS6 remastered version will look like this

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

On PS5, I think i need to turn hdr off, it makes colours look washed out. Really need to tweak my settings and take screenshots so i can compare side by side. I go to use photomode sometimes (some of the poses are gas) but haven't found one pic I've liked her because it either looks too washed out our the lighting is too dark. I see other people's screenshots and they're vibrant with colour that i don't see. My tv is an LG sm8500. Not top end 4k but not low either, great colours from it on other games.

As for gameplay, I'm loving it. I was a bit early for one mission so i went to another one close by, didn't realise i was going up against a boss, got some great weapons and items after our and also found some good backstory to the situation.

Then passed a flashing blue Star on the map, saw guys in red/yellow uniforms beating a woman. I walked over and they opened fire on me, barely killed them all but no idea who they even were. Need a serious catch up on the lore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Scratching my head at some of the base ps4 criticism, I’m playing with a launch day PS4 on a 4K with HDR enabled and the game looks absolutely fine to me :confused: Just finished my corpo prologue and on the streets now and haven’t seen even one glitch or missing texture yet, it’s exactly how I imagined it would look. I think some people might have had PS5 expectations from the PS4 version of this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Scratching my head at some of the base ps4 criticism, I’m playing with a launch day PS4 on a 4K with HDR enabled and the game looks absolutely fine to me :confused: Just finished my corpo prologue and on the streets now and haven’t seen even one glitch or missing texture yet, it’s exactly how I imagined it would look. I think some people might have had PS5 expectations from the PS4 version of this...

You must be just used to bad image quality as you need at least the Pro console for 4k gaming and then the PS5 is another step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Friend of mine got it gifted to her and I have access to her library via family share. Downloading it now to see how it performs. Silver rating on protondb so could go either way. Doubt I'll stick playing it given its current state but worth a try at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

You must be just used to bad image quality as you need the Pro console for 4k gaming at least and then the PS5 is another step up.

Well yeah I’ve played on a bog standard HD tv for years so the idea of screens like this and enabling HDR is new to my eyes - but my point still stands, there is nothing visually wrong with the game from what I can see. I’m walking around city at the moment and I’m not seeing anything even resembling that Twitter vid earlier in thread showing faceless NPCS and Xbox 360 graphics - someone saving up their pre patch captures perhaps? The only thing I have noticed out of about an hour so far is a small stutter when in one part of the city, it’s nowhere near the catastrophe some are making it out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Friend of mine got it gifted to her and I have access to her library via family share. Downloading it now to see how it performs. Silver rating on protondb so could go either way. Doubt I'll stick playing it given its current state but worth a try at least.

Is ProtonDB a linux thing?

Linux performance would be interesting to hear about

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

This game has been hyped for 8 years, asking people not to pre-order is not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The prologuely part is LONG

edit: Act 1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

AdamD wrote: »
    The prologuely part is LONG

Depends on the origin story I think

All Eyes On Rafah

Advertisement