Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

It doesn't even look like a base ps4 game.It looks like PS3.
    Rockstar and Ubisoft must be laughing their heads off.

What game are you playing? It looks nothing like a PS3 title

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Depends on the origin story I think

Not gonna lie parts of it were a bit painful, hoping its all worthwhile..

Performance wise though its been absolutely fine on PS5, seen one bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

AdamD wrote: »
    Not gonna lie parts of it were a bit painful, hoping its all worthwhile.

Picked Nomad. Happy with it.

Seen a fair few bugs but still enjoying it.

Cars were Block shapes.

NPCs not loading

NPCs ignoring me when shot

Car floating away when damaged.

Still fabulous game, work of art.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Stared it twice, to see what Origin and gender i wanted to pick. Usually base it on the voice of the pc. Still not sure tbh.

Runs pretty well on my machine, and have only had minor graphical bugs (floating person, odd anomoly etc...). Looks fantastic at times, and plays very well.

dohboy wrote: »
    This game has been hyped for 8 years, asking people not to pre-order is not going to happen.

Hyped specifically to get people to pre-order. Only the developer wins, who even has the audacity to not even show people what they are buying (console versions). It’s absolute madness

What is the benefit of preordering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm very happy with how it performs on the Series X.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They're not generous. "Not acceptable" says one of the guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Hyped specifically to get people to pre-order. Only the developer wins, who even has the audacity to not even show people what they are buying (console versions). It’s absolute madness

What is the benefit of preordering?

People want to guarantee their copy and feel part of a big moment in gaming. Not much different from buying a ticket for a gig months in advance or a major film release imo.

dohboy wrote: »
    People want to guarantee their copy and feel part of a big moment in gaming. Not much different from buying a ticket for a gig months in advance or a major film release imo.

Do digital copies sell out? I’ve never had an issue picking up a new game in a real shop either. If the gaming community refused to preorder, the balance of power would be tilted in their favour.

People bought the PS4 version without seeing it (and it looks nothing like the footage they were drip fed for all those years)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

J. Marston wrote: »
    They're not generous. "Not acceptable" says one of the guys...

I made it as far as "Yew HAD to play Far Cry 3 on PC!"

• Advertisement

I bought Skyrim and GTA on PS3 and had no issues on day one. Both great day one experiences, not the utter clusterf@€k this appears to be on PS4

The last Arkham game had pretty bad issues. I've played some of it this evening, visuals are mixed. Like the gameplay. Suspect it will be patched a lot in the coming months but honestly have no plans to get a refund or anything. If it's not perfect now, I don't mind waiting for fixes tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

AdamD wrote: »
    Not gonna lie parts of it were a bit painful, hoping its all worthwhile..

Anddd its crashed twice in 30 minutes

Cyberpunk 2020

We should have known

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

first few hours played. graphics look bad on my average rig on medium settings. most annoying bug is trees just popping up everywhere just floating there. combat and movement seem janky as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Had a few hours there playing on the PS4 Pro,was enjoyable enough.

It does feel like there's a lot not right though,mostly visual and physics issues I was seeing. Some of the graphical glitches are so weird.

HDR was off by default and I couldnt see a thing,turning it on helped but it looked washed out so had to reduce the brightness.

Texture pop in is rife,sometimes they don't seem to pop either,just stay super low res. Hopefully thats something they can work on. Wonder could it be memory or storage related

Every now and then though you look out a window of a car or lift and you get a stunning vista,id say on the right hardware its a very pretty game.

Night was cut short by a crash,the game seemed less stable at the point ld reached. What I did play I enjoyed though,there seems to be a lot of systems in the game to get used to.

Prob won't get a chance to play again for a few days so hopefully there's a patch in the mean time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i'm probably gonna leave this on the shelf for a few weeks until we get some big bug fix patches. don't want to ruin the game for myself with all the nonsense. cause it does seem like an amazing world.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

After my first couple of hours playing on PC I'm enjoying the gameplay so far. Playing it with RT ultra and high texture quality, it sure looks lovely and I haven't had any major stuttering issues so far. I've had a couple of crashes which I'm happy to overlook for now, hopefully it'll pass.

I am disappointed with some of the general bugs I'm encountering though. Nothing exactly game breaking, NPC's sitting down midair in the middle of the road, random props appearing later than they should appear, analysis mode refusing to close once activated and glitching out, NPC's clipping through world environment objects. It's not as polished as it should be. There are also some weird physics glitches occurring now and then. I sort of expected these small things but it's disappointing all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Played up until I completed the combat training. After all the hype about lifepaths the nomad start was just 15 minutes where all you do is just drive into the city. I guess more could come later but I thought you'd spend a good bit of time outside the city at the beginning.

Only glitch I had so far was V walking without any input after completing each of the vr training.

The driving feels very sensitive though so might have to town down the stick sensitivity.

I also had to try
    ignoring the customs and attempting to just sprint over the border. It ended as poorly as I expected it to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just under 5 hours according to my save. I've enjoy encountered one bug so far and that was an energy drink can was clipping through the surface it was on, nothing affecting gameplay. I had complained about it being a bit faded so i threw in photomode and messed with the tv settings. Found options I'd never seen before and boosted colour, looking gorgeous now.

It's weird though, in one scene, the character model could be just brilliant but the pro item beside them, whatever it might be looks low res and old school.

Anyone know when i can buy a bike or get access to one? I just finished the first proper BD mission.

I've had a few problems myself.

Audio bugged out during the VR training and continued to after that, saved and rebooted and fine.

Then I couldn't move the cursor for dialogue choices, had to save and reboot again.

Some NPCs I snuck by all died randomly after I killed the guy blocking the exit.

NPC floating when meant to be sitting in a studio chair.

And just when I decided to pack it in, I came across a random gunfight and was standing beside one of the "red" guys and he wasn't shooting at the cops or me, I walked right up to him and then he fired on me and they all killed me.
    It was all over the place.

I'd have loved to have kept going and im enjoying it but there are a lot of problems so I might slow my play through and hope a patch drops ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone know when i can buy a bike or get access to one? I just finished the first proper BD mission.

Mildish
    After you complete the side quest "heroes", you'll have access to one. Should get this quest soon after the prologue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

What game are you playing? It looks nothing like a PS3 title

Seen a few images shared on twitter that looked PS3-ish but I assume now that was just trolls trying to have a laugh at the supposed awful graphics.

I have a PS4 Pro so the temptation is rising for me again. Was planning on holding off until I get the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I guess they needed more crunch.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my expectations had been tempered in the past few days but like EoinHef playing on PS4 and enjoying it more than I thought I would, early days yet. It looks ok but definately not great.
    Not a big fan of the shooting mechanic thus far but everything can't be Destiny I guess, although why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I turned off all graphical options, can't see a positive from any of them. Also turned the horizontal and vertical bonus to zero while increasing horizontal and vertical movement a small bit too get the quickness back. Now i can turn fast without that sulerspeed licking in.

Upped subtitle size, disabled numbers popping out of be enemies (they have a health bar anyway) found the hdr settings and increased brightness a bit, getting a much better experience, worth giving them a fiddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭McFly85

Played a couple of hours on the PS5, and I’m enjoying it so far. From driving around it a bit I think Night City looks phenomenal.

It doesn’t take long for your phone to beep incessantly! Real GTA4 vibes of being constantly distracted. Would be great it you could put it on do not disturb and then catch up with whatever messages etc when you feel like it.

I think the UI is a bit clunky but it helps if you’ve played the Witcher because it’s basically the same. Same with shops, character stats, job tracking etc.

I thought it was interesting that in the Eurogamer review they mentioned that one of the big disappointments for them was the fact that there were so many upgrade options but they never felt necessary-it was the same in the Witcher, so many potions to craft that I never needed and at one point I checked and had about 30 character points, seems CDPR like to keep these really optional which is a shame.

But the side missions I’ve done so far have been fun! I like the characters and the writing looks to be top notch.

I’ll definitely keep at it, but probably play it at a slow enough pace and then start again with a different backstory when the PS5 proper version comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I spammed alot of assault events which were good, I'm actually really liking the combat now after not liking it originally.

About 8-9 hours in and not much of the main story done. Two big crashes which were annoying in that then but everything else has been fine.

I havnt noticed alot of what other people are experiencing but I have seen videos online and if I had been getting the same issues would have stopped playing.

I'm playing on Stadia with 600mb wired fiber in Spain and it's smooth as can be picture qualify wise on my monitor, will try the tv once the free stadia premier kit that came with the game arrives.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Graphics look pretty damn good to me, with medium to high settings on the PC. Nothing like the high end trailers, but i don't have a 3090 GPU unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Got to play it last night for a few hours. I went with Street Kid as it seems to be the least popular. I am playing on the Series X and overall I am disappointed.

1) I have had a few bugs, like NPCs sitting on the ground with handguns sticking out of their foreheads.
    2) Graphical its nice but not fantastic, colours are very washed out and grainy. I have seen a few instances of frame drops or what feels like frame drops. I know its not working as intended because the PC version looks beautiful, its just not ready for consoles in any shape or form.
    3) As you change scenes sometimes and the next scene loads your character often walks in a direction straight away, like someone is pushing on the analog stick. Once you touch the stick it stops.
    4) Other scene changes even in the tutorial resulted in my character spinning on the spot, I had to touch the stick to get it to stop.
    5) Combat is good actually and like a hybrid of an RPG and FPS but I find that even the lower enemies are bullet sponges? They can take an AWFUL lot of shots, even to the head to go down.
    6) Menu system is a minefield, SO much going on and the cursor like a PC mouse is a right pain.
    7) many instances where looking back at my character in a mirror they are missing their trousers etc, so another bug there.
    8) The map is VERY overwhelming, I remember walking out into NC for the first time and opening the map only to see literally 500 icons, its like, where the hell do I start here?
    9) There should be ways to remove icons that are above your level and only show ones that interest you, like a filter. Right now is just a sea of icons and looks a mess to be honest.
    10) I hate to say it but the menu system and the game itself right now feels like a PC port that is just ok, certainly does not feel like it was developed with consoles in mind.

If you can glaze over all of the above cracks, there is a fantastic game there, and I mean fantastic, characters are interesting and engaging and I know once the graphical issues and bugs are fixed it will be a different game, but right now its just not in good shape.

It does seem that if you are on Series X or PS5, you need to turn off HDR and also in the graphics settings, try turning off, Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field, Film Grain and Motion Blur. Not acceptable that you need to do this but it does make things better at the moment.

Right now for me its a 6.5 - 7 out of 10. In 6 months it will be a 9.5 out of 10.

• Advertisement
Advertisement