Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fair enough on the base PS4. I guess the only other option was to just not release it on the older consoles. I think we all knew they were going to struggle massively with it. They definitely should have been more open about how it would look for the PS4/Xbox One though.

The PS4 came out almost a year after CyberPunk was annouced, which is mad when you think about it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

the crashes are driving me mental on ps5. Im up to about 12 now. :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Kirby wrote: »
    the crashes are driving me mental on ps5. Im up to about 12 now. :mad:

Jaysus...that's nuts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’m in awe of how terrible the menu design is. Just a complete, unholy mess of submenus.

I had to decrypt an in item. Selecting the item in the backpack (itself a mess) didn’t give me anything. Had to look in the shards menu instead... and even then it was riiiggghttt at the bottom of the list, after several tiers of subsections.

To be fair, The Witcher 3 was a bit of a disaster in this regard as well, especially at launch. But yeah it’s a serious chore to use in Cyberpunk.

On a positive note, I’m relieved at how well the game is running on PS5 still (no crashes yet, touch wood). Definitely drops to ~50 FPS or so during really demanding scenes, and no doubt the full fat next gen version will be a big improvement in terms of things like textures and resolution. But seems like a fairly substantial jump from the PS4 consoles, despite being a PS4 game, and looks and runs pretty well now considering the limits :)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Think I'll be waiting a few months for this to get patched up before I touch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Azza wrote: »
    Think I'll be waiting a few months for this to get patched up before I touch it.

Yeah, I'm thinking this too. It definitely needs more work done. Need new game to play now, probably will pick up AC Valhalla instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Yeah, I'm thinking this too. It definitely needs more work done. Need new game to play now, probably will pick up AC Valhalla instead

I'm almost 200 hours into Valhalla now and although it's not without its own bugs it's been a great game. There's a touch of The Witcher about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sok2005 wrote: »
    I'm almost 200 hours into Valhalla now and although it's not without its own bugs it's been a great game. There's a touch of The Witcher about it.

Good enough for me. I do know they have a title update coming out next week so could sort some of the bugs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

What resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

This is the first game I've bought since RDR2, the son has full control of the Xbox in the house nowadays.

Underwhelmed to say the least.

Loads of little bugs like everyone else has mentioned, NPCs floating down the road before the vehicle that gets rendered pops up.
    Driving reminds me of GTA IV which drove me bananas, no weight to the car, brake to throw it into a corner and it skids out like crazy, hopefully not too many missions where fast driving is needed.
    Weapons have no weight to them either, aiming for a headshot can be frustrating, as minor movements tend not to be precise enough.

Haven't played much of the story but the first missions throw loads of side missions at you and with the menus being less than intuative, it can take a while to get your head around.

It shows promise, and maybe the Xbox One (S) is the wrong console to be playing it on, I'll persevere for a while, perhaps not playing in a while hasn't helped.

• Advertisement

Have to try it later on but apparently you can bump up text size under the sound section. It's pretty much unreadable atm on my tv. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Control wise I've increase base sensitivity and dropped the min deadzone a bit also increased the max dead zone and turned down the tuning (acceleration at stick edges) and timing for that so that when I do put the stick to the side I move 60 degrees normally and then ~120 quickly so I can spin easier. Been messing with the ADS sensitivities and that's coming out nice now, I specced stealth and handguns so I'm always going for headshots normally.

Level 10 and doing side stuff as the heist missions is bugged for me, and jackie doesn't spawn when I get in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Pretty much ignoring driving as much as possible as it's so bad and running/fast travel everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I have to say I'm really enjoying the game. Loving the slow build up for the missions. It feels heisty as hell!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

titan18 wrote: »
    Pretty much ignoring driving as much as possible as it's so bad and running/fast travel everywhere.

What system are you playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Playing on PS5. After about 3 hours play had a few bugs and one crash so far. Bugs ranged from NPC
    Jackie
    walking through objects like doors, cars, sitting/standing in mid air. Was walking along at one stage and an NPC just fell from the sky in front of me, complete with sound effect, then just disappeared but left the bloodstain. Noticed the same character model up the street on the ground with Police standing over it.

Enjoying it otherwise for the most part. The menu is all over the place and is overwhelming as others have said. Visuals are good but sometimes it's slightly hard to see what's going on and I'm left wondering is it my eyesight or is the game just grainy or lacking detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You've to really try to avoid the Jackie distance glitch, hard trying to make sure I don't get too far from Jackie or he disappears. Few people have it but it's not a too common one.

when into the penthouse move to the switch first and time it so he's not too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Corcs001 wrote: »
    Playing on PS5. After about 3 hours play had a few bugs and one crash so far. Bugs ranged from NPC
    Jackie
    walking through objects like doors, cars, sitting/standing in mid air. Was walking along at one stage and an NPC just fell from the sky in front of me, complete with sound effect, then just disappeared but left the bloodstain. Noticed the same character model up the street on the ground with Police standing over it.

Enjoying it otherwise for the most part. The menu is all over the place and is overwhelming as others have said. Visuals are good but sometimes it's slightly hard to see what's going on and I'm left wondering is it my eyesight or is the game just grainy or lacking detail.

As I mentioned above. Turn off Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field, Film Grain and Motion Blur and the game looks completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Corcs001 wrote: »
    Jackie

Make sure film grain is turned off in the graphic options, also all the rest as they either blur or throw lights over what you are trying to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

ZiabR wrote: »
    As I mentioned above. Turn off Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field, Film Grain and Motion Blur and the game looks completely different.

Might try this later. Do you have HDR enabled? Haven't quite got settings that are ideal on PS5 on a 4K TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Very unlike them but every retailer has a bad day at the office.

Oh reallly? Make that three bad days. As I said, I would never order anything from these tossers again (Shopto):
    The sender has let us know this item will be with us soon.
    Updated on: Thursday 10 December

11:17pm
    Sender preparing item

So two days after the release date and Royal Mail still don't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

weemcd wrote: »
    Might try this later. Do you have HDR enabled? Haven't quite got settings that are ideal on PS5 on a 4K TV.

Recommendations are to turn off HDR aswell, but I would try turning these off first and then if you think you need to, then turn off HDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

What system are you playing on?

PS4 pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

I've been one of the (few) fortunate ones that hasn't really experienced any major issues. I had one crash, and one glitched quest. There have been a few minor graphical glitches like a corpse floating above the ground. Other than that I've been having an absolute blast with this game. I powered through the prologue and first act and now I'm ticking off side quests and gigs trying to level up and make money.

The game is very good IMO and I especially enjoy how they've made the "cyber" part of it more than just a gimmick.

I'm playing on a PS4 Pro FWIW.

Also, cyberpunk (the genre) has been a huge part of my life since I was a teenager, so this game has me written all over it so perhaps I'm biased.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Anyone else playing this on an aging PC? I've got a 970 GFX card and it's holding up quite well. Not really seeing too many ptoblems - a few glitches, but no crashes with 5 hours of gameplay.
    Detail wise, it's switched a huge chunk off for me so it doesn't look particularly amazing, bar some of the cityscapes themselves but again nothing glaring. Wondering if I can tweak a bit more - playing it at 1080p, no HDR, and no many effects at all but more to the point I'm quite liking the gameplay so far so not being wowed by graphics isn't a huge issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ZiabR wrote: »
    Recommendations are to turn off HDR aswell, but I would try turning these off first and then if you think you need to, then turn off HDR.

Game looked instantly better when i turned off graphic options. I feel like I should have HDR on but it looks like the colours get full and faded when it's on. Gonna test out later again but that's the last graphic setting i need to settle on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Nice little interview with Keanu Reeves and Welsh interviewer on BBC about the game:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/newsbeat-55272679

He's definitely one of the good guys!

(oops - pasted wrong link first - didn't mean to post bbc brexit link!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Just got an email from ShopTo saying they are preparing to dispatch Cyberpunk. They charged me for it 5 ****ing days ago, and they still haven't sent it.

Never ordering from them again.

Advertisement