Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Markitron wrote: »
    Just got an email from ShopTo saying they are preparing to dispatch Cyberpunk. They charged me for it 5 ****ing days ago.

Never ordering from them again.

That's a balls man, opposite of my experience ordering from them at start of the year but this has put me off ordering again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That's a balls man, opposite of my experience ordering from them at start of the year but this has put me off ordering again.

Like I said before, I'm not waiting on it, but it's looking like it could be a week late. This is despite them sending me an email on Sunday night saying they had received stock and charging me at the same time.

Can't be putting up with that kind of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

After a few hours on PS5 all looks midlin, no serious bugs, few npcs doing random things and a light bit of texture pop but on the whole not so bad. Main issue I have is how muddy everything looks, its someone smeared Vaseline on my eyeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Markitron wrote: »
    Just got an email from ShopTo saying they are preparing to dispatch Cyberpunk. They charged me for it 5 ****ing days ago, and they still haven't sent it.

Never ordering from them again.

Same. Afternoon of two days after release and they still haven't handed it over to Royal Mail, according to RM.

I have a good mind to return it to them and ask for a refund. If it ever arrives.

They even blag about a partial refund to UK buyers if they don't get it on release date. Those are customers who don't pay for postage. I paid £6 for postage and they don't bother to post it before release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

After a few hours on PS5 all looks midlin, no serious bugs, few npcs doing random things and a light bit of texture pop but on the whole not so bad. Main issue I have is how muddy everything looks, its someone smeared Vaseline on my eyeballs.

Definitely recommend switching to the settings the other posters mentioned above. Seems to have improved it somewhat for me.

Now if I can just find the "Turn off NPCs walking through objects" setting I'll be laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

cnocbui wrote: »
    Oh reallly? Make that three bad days. As I said, I would never order anything from these tossers again (Shopto):

So two days after the release date and Royal Mail still don't have it.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »

Used them for stuff years ago and they were great, so I decided to go with them when I wanted to pick up the remastered Yakuza collection and they've sent my package to some lad in Belgium. Opened a ticket and it says it'll take up to 7 days for a reply.

Never again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is anyone else finding the whole police system a little annoying? The instant spawning in very close proximity to you when a crime is reported is frustrating. It just doesn't feel all that authentic to me. They just appear in the world clearly out of thin air and often in 'dead zones' behind you where they have appeared out of nowhere.

Also I have never been chased by the police in cars. What's the story with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

Just curious, has anyone bought it on stadia? 59.99 plus a free stadia premiere edition worth nearly 100 euro with pre order. Running well so far about 3 hours in, a couple of glitches, but looks good.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Same. Afternoon of two days after release and they still haven't handed it over to Royal Mail, according to RM.

I have a good mind to return it to them and ask for a refund. If it ever arrives.

They even blag about a partial refund to UK buyers if they don't get it on release date. Those are customers who don't pay for postage. I paid £6 for postage and they don't bother to post it before release date.

So I'm not even an outlier here, ridiculous.
    Oat23 wrote: »
    Used them for stuff years ago and they were great, so I decided to go with them when I wanted to pick up the remastered Yakuza collection and they've sent my package to some lad in Belgium. Opened a ticket and it says it'll take up to 7 days for a reply.

Never again.

Wow, 7 days to reply to a ticket? Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Azza wrote: »
    Think I'll be waiting a few months for this to get patched up before I touch it.

Same here - Waiting for PS5 proper patch. Very dissapointing feedback here overall from what I read - especially with core RPG mechanics - What a missed oppertunity. I wonder was it too many cooks syndrome in development?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seeing nothing but good things about the Stadia version - especially in comparison with the consoles. Could this be the thing that finally helps to turn public opinion on Stadia?

Could this be the thing that finally helps to turn public opinion on Stadia?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I'm stuck on the 'Disasterpiece' braindance (Love that mechanic btw). According to the guides I have the 3 clues I need scanned. The cup, the box on the table and the patch from the suit. Yet, I'm not getting the promt to exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Potentially stupid question for those playing on Playstation - I don't seem to see a PS5 version of this. Are you just buying the PS4 version and playing it on the PS5?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Potentially stupid question for those playing on Playstation - I don't seem to see a PS5 version of this. Are you just buying the PS4 version and playing it on the PS5?

There is no PS5 version available yet

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, ps5 version won't be out til something 2021.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The one thing I’d say is that while there’s a better version coming, the game is immensely playable on PS5 at the moment. The day one semi-upgrade is thankfully more substantial than I’d expected - frame rate alone seems like a night and day difference compared to even the Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Despite the crashes there is definitely a brilliant game in there, I think anyone with the patience to wait a couple of months for the ps5 version will have a great experience. One issue I have thats a bit bizarre because its so easily fixable is that the mini map is far too zoomed in so by the time you see that you need to turn its virtually impossible to do so if driving quickly.

The combat seems to improve over time as you level up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Next video is a spoiler, one you may already know about but if unsure don't watch.

Spoiler for the mission the heist, the thing you use the flathead for.

Entire mission was like this, going to have to watch this on YouTube myself. If I got too far away he'd disappear.

The one thing I’d say is that while there’s a better version coming, the game is immensely playable on PS5 at the moment. The day one semi-upgrade is thankfully more substantial than I’d expected - frame rate alone seems like a night and day difference compared to even the Pro.

I'm still happy to wait to experience this with full patch for the new hardware. The bugs look very immersion breaking. Thats a deal breaker for me right now.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Despite the crashes there is definitely a brilliant game in there, I think anyone with the patience to wait a couple of months for the ps5 version will have a great experience. One issue I have thats a bit bizarre because its so easily fixable is that the mini map is far too zoomed in so by the time you see that you need to turn its virtually impossible to do so if driving quickly.

The combat seems to improve over time as you level up

The mini map issue has been noted a lot online - I would think it might be a quick fix to remedy - baffling it went through so much testing and it wasn't implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

How are the RPG elements? Is there much focus on character building? Is there motivation to explore?

This all looks pretty dreadful, tbh. I'm glad I didn't pre-order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Question for ye lads - did anyone manage to get the settings sorted enough to make the shooting feel like standard FPS? I’ve tried the Reddit tips but once I ADS I’m all over the place, would like just a bit more control over it but can’t see any options to do so apart from sensitivity which I’m happy enough with outside gunplay

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbh, even outside all the bugs and crashes I'm having, I think this game isn't anywhere close to some of the other open world games that have been released in the last few years.

Combat is meh (albeit a bit better if you use tech abilities than melee or guns), driving is a chore, the AI is terrible, all the claims of people on the streets having their own lives and they'd move around was bs, nearly anyone I've seen just stands there and tells you to fcuk off if you chat to them. Feck all people driving in the game too, it's a pretty empty open world in most areas. There's a few exceptions but most streets are just empty.

Graphically, I don't find it bad on PS4 pro. It's not what it should be or what other studios delivered on consoles, but it's not as bad as the base graphics I'm seeing at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Judging by the feedback here and elsewhere, I think I might hold off on buying this for a while. Sounds like it's nowhere near finished, maybe it'll get the post release finish similar to No Man's Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Judging by the feedback here and elsewhere, I think I might hold off on buying this for a while. Sounds like it's nowhere near finished, maybe it'll get the post release finish similar to No Man's Sky.

I booted it up and it looks good on series X, but Christ it needed another 1-3 months.
    I’ll park it for the moment and come back to it in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

How are the RPG elements? Is there much focus on character building? Is there motivation to explore?

Rpg, elements. I think of crafting first. I got a fright with I saw that pop up in my menu. I heard it was there, forgot all about it. I usually don't touch crafting in a game as it feels convoluted to go to some apparatus to preform it. This was accesable from the get go with a click on the menu and all the parts I needed for some crafting were allreading in my inventory. Now I don't feel like I'm avoiding some part of the game.

Charater bulding? I can't tell you yet. I'm not that deep into the game to tell you if you can detach yourself and be happy to play a role away the narative.

Motivation to explore? The city is overwhelming. I'd have to say no to any disire to search the city itself. Smaller places like rooms and looking for loot? Yes!

Advertisement