Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Look at 8:31 and tell me that is not late Xbox 360/PS3. Just shocking.
    Yeah, it doesn't look amazing, but i think it looks like a ps4 struggling rather than a ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Yeah, it doesn't look amazing, but i think it looks like a ps4 struggling rather than a ps3
    Not that i'm excusing it or anything. This game clearly shouldn't have come out on current gen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I feel it is utter BS to suggest that a game 8+ years in development will not have the latest gfx values as other recent PS4 games - that it started devlopment with a restricted toolbox...

This was their choice and they sold it as a far higher claibre game gfx wise.

All base PS4 footage is just dire with this game - Theres simply no excuse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

DF said it's fine on the PS4 pro, solid 30fps without much dips

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So played this for a bit last night and today. So far I've enjoyed it haven''t really explored the map too much though.

Haven't noticed any major bugs and glitches the odd ending up on top of something or walking into stuff that's about it.

So far based on my short time with the game my biggest issue is the loading times they really take you out of the action at times. I hope the Ps5 update is out sooner than later as it could elevate the game to a seriously higher level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Another day another no smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

RasTa wrote: »
    DF said it's fine on the PS4 pro, solid 30fps without much dips

Theres plenty of dips in the video they posted even going as low as 15fps

Amount of people who must've watched this less than a month ago thinking it would be fine on their PS4

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Been playing a few hours, picked the Corpo thing, it's pretty decent but the bugs are ridiculous. I have trees spawning everywhere in my game, updating gfx drivers now to see if that fixes it. The menus are crap but that won't be surprising for Witcher players.

When I hit V to summon my car it literally spawned in right in front of me before driving about 3ft forward. So I saw it appear as a block, then the low quality textures before the good textures finally loaded. Totally broke the immersion.

Playing on PC with a 1070 and performance is playable, and it looks pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Another day another no smyths

Exact same. No game wtf. What is the best way to contact them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Playing on ps5 so I've only found minor bugs like pedestrians walking through me and npcs playing the guitar without any guitar in their hands ( I guess they could be really futuristic air guitarists :pac:)

The game is definitely overwhelming in the start when it throws everything at you and then once your finished the tutorials you get phone calls from 5 different people.

One issue I've found is that guns are way too weak. I know I'm only level 3 but I just sprint and slash at people with a sword because it's more effective than getting 5 or 6 headshots.

Also, is there any quest log like the journal in the Witcher 3 ? I'm trying to see a list of all the side quests I've started but I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Things got hard fast. I'm off the main quest doing side jobs around Valentinos area. I can get one shoted now as soon as i try to approch the goons. I need tons of money for upgrades. I don't even own a car yet. Anyone suss out a strong easy money earner yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Don't bother selling any of your junk. Just disassemble each item into parts then sell that part. Make 2/3 times as much on each item..

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Reading on reddit people are saying that the AI doesn't really do pathfinding very well, at least while driving. Apparently all driving AI is predetermined. Even in missions where there are car chases they are kind of scripted to finish at a certain point, allegedly

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb2jgj/i_just_realized_that_there_is_no_ai_for_driving/

Honestly sort of tracks with what I've been seeing. I also saw some weird **** where outside V's apartment every single car would crash right into the same bollards on the side of the road and phase right through

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

PC gamer have a good article. Surprised it took 60 hours for them to realise it
    https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-more-time-i-spend-in-cyberpunk-2077s-world-the-less-i-believe-in-it/

The people part in particular was very evident to me. They do nothing but stand about. Things like that arent stuff that will be easily patchable (if it broken)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I don't get it, how could rockstar get RDR looking decent on a ps4 but CD can't get this looking good? different game engines?

I don't get it, how could rockstar get RDR looking decent on a ps4 but CD can't get this looking good? different game engines?

Cyberpunk is just way more dense, RDRII mostly takes place in sparse wilderness with trees and foliage.

It basically boils down to having to render way more stuff, having way more verticality and NPCs moving about. Then there's the way the game has to constantly stream in all this stuff while you drive around.

It's kind of nuts to me that this released on consoles at all. I have a 3070 and running this smooth presents a challenge, as it currently is I'd be hesitant to play on a PS5, never mind a PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I hope the robotic eyes in the game become reality soon because the quest journal was sitting in front of my face the whole time. It was even called the journal :o

I hope the ps5 version makes the lift in the apartment complexes faster because they're pretty long after playing other games on ps5.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

"But it looks great on the PS5/Series X!" Does it though? I'm seeing high frame rates, better reflections and sweat but the graphics still look mediocre and washed out overall.
    The only version of this game that looks anywhere near decent is the PC.

I think it genuinely looks pretty good on PS5 on a 1080p TV. A bit washed out at times, and some low-res textures here and there. But for what is a PS4 game it looks great and plays smoothly. I’m sure the full fat next gen version will be plenty impressive and quite a few steps up, but more than happy playing this version for now.

Shame about the deeply mediocre game underneath it all, though :pac:

• Advertisement

Cyberpunk is just way more dense, RDRII mostly takes place in sparse wilderness with trees and foliage.

It basically boils down to having to render way more stuff, having way more verticality and NPCs moving about. Then there's the way the game has to constantly stream in all this stuff while you drive around.

It's kind of nuts to me that this released on consoles at all. I have a 3070 and running this smooth presents a challenge, as it currently is I'd be hesitant to play on a PS5, never mind a PS4.

Spiderman looks and runs great then and is same city game.

And tbh, I'd rather RDR2 lack of NPC's but the NPC's actually bring sometimes to the game than Cyberpunks NPC's who might as well not exist for all they bring. I'm not even a huge fan of RDR2, but it's a long way ahead of this imo.

I quite like some of what Cyberpunk has done in what I've played so far. There's some good missions, although most fall into the usual open world ones of go here, kill people and bring something back, but there's a few I played that did shine through, and I do like the quickhacking part of combat so it's not all negative but this aint RDR2, Witcher 2/3, Spiderman, Horizon or even AC Odyssey level of quality imo.

Being playing with the 'psycho' ray traced setting, it looks alright I'd say
    https://i.imgur.com/LCHhyQ4.png
    titan18 wrote: »
    Spiderman looks and runs great then and is same city game.

And tbh, I'd rather RDR2 lack of NPC's but the NPC's actually bring sometimes to the game than Cyberpunks NPC's who might as well not exist for all they bring. I'm not even a huge fan of RDR2, but it's a long way ahead of this imo.

I quite like some of what Cyberpunk has done in what I've played so far. There's some good missions, although most fall into the usual open world ones of go here, kill people and bring something back, but there's a few I played that did shine through, and I do like the quickhacking part of combat so it's not all negative but this aint RDR2, Witcher 2/3, Spiderman, Horizon or even AC Odyssey level of quality imo.

Spidey's city isn't as dense as CP2077 tho if I remember. This is a way more dense environment with a lot greater detail and more complex geometry. It's like a city of Deus Ex style hubs (admittedly none of the hubs are anywhere near as interesting to explore as a DE game)

as to the NPCs yeah, they are the worst I've seen in a game for a long time. Thinking of setting crowds down to medium for better performance, the city is generally quite barren on PC except for a few locations and it's not really a worthwhile setting to keep on full I think

Being playing with the 'psycho' ray traced setting, it looks alright I'd say
    https://i.imgur.com/LCHhyQ4.png

Spidey's city isn't as dense as CP2077 tho if I remember. This is a way more dense environment with a lot greater detail. It's like a city of Deus Ex style hubs (admittedly none of the hubs are anywhere near as interesting to explore as a DE game)

I'm really not seeing the detail tbh. Feck all NPC's or vehicles in a lot of areas in the city. They're there in some areas (megabuilding, cherry blossom market etc) but no one in others. I ran from apartment to North Oak and feck all cars on the road. Lots of low res textures (vending machines and cars in particular I find)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Don't bother selling any of your junk. Just disassemble each item into parts then sell that part. Make 2/3 times as much on each item..

Some of the jewellery will you net you 750e a pop though, worth checking before you disassemble. Have to say I’m loving it so far having had the chance to play a few more hours - great atmosphere and vibe to it. Just have to tinker with the settings a bit to get the driving and shooting feeling better and I’ll be sorted. Can’t say the graphical stuff is bothering me at all at this point, the most frequent glitch I see are the T poses but I’ve just lored that as a new form of on the spot yoga they practice in night city :D

Tbh I don't really know what the console version is like, on PC at least it's the most dense and multilayered city setting I've ever seen in a game. Which is what distinguishes for me from stuff like Spidey which is for the most part doesn't offer any verticality (sans one really cool section where you beat up goons on a skyscraper, wish the game did that more).

Basically up until this point every city setting I can think of has just being on a single flat layer that you drive around, with very few interiors and no upper or lower levels. Nowhere near the same level of alleys and bridges, nooks and crannies that this game features. It's a layer cake of a world.

This is the reason I think why Cyberpunk is crushing systems. The reason why the game might be bare on console is it may be culling back NPCs and cars so that it has just enough overhead to load in the multi-storyed map.

But yeah overall RDRII is a more beautiful and appealing game to look at and move around. But the reason that scales so well to current generation is this same reason I think. You can tune down vegetation, water physics, reflections etc etc etc without cutting back on the world design of RDRII. It's easy to scale when it's just cosmetics, but Cyberpunk has to have its dense city setting, so I think the console version is cutting everything else back just to meet the bare minimum required to actually load the city in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Played a little on the hardest mode. As I expected my hardware isn't enough although I was streaming. If I wasn't streaming I could definitely finish the game @ 30fps but that's just not how I want to experience it. 2021 new PC with hopefully some big updates to the game, proton (and all its libraries) will give me the experience I'm looking for.

Didn't really get deep into the gameplay but like others mentioned I was disappointed with the nomad beginning. I just wanted to Mad Max it up as my succubus and ignore the city and main story but it forces you to go there. Scripted opening gunfight is also really meh. I can suspend my disbelief to a degree but how are military-tier goons in armoured vehicles, who are ambushing me, getting blown up from me firing a revolver at them in a junkyard car? As far as I could tell you can't duck back into the car to reload, either. :confused:

SzEWQTv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

after 6 hours my view changed, it's a good game but the graphics and the actual gameplay are unforgiveable
    so many fps games do this better and I know this is an rpg but the gunplay is awful
    once you step out out of the main story and start doing the side missions it becomes more apparent, these guys are good story tellers and they may have been good programmers in 2009 but now they've come up with a terrible mess
    I had enough and went onto warzone, the difference was jarring

my prediction will be this is the biggest disappointment of 2020 and will win that category in videogames too

Advertisement