Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

17gb on PS5. Couldn't download it as i didn't have enough space. I had 50gb free, had to delete one of the few games left to start the download. I thought that Bollox wouldn't happen on the PS5.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1337504661251690497?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    17gb on PS5. Couldn't download it as i didn't have enough space. I had 50gb free, had to delete one of the few games left to start the download. I thought that Bollox wouldn't happen on the PS5.

New hotfix to Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible. Here is the list of changes:

Quests
    • Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
    • Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
    • Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
    • Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
    • Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
    • Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
    • Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
    • Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
    • Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
    • Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
    • Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
    • Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
    • Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
    • Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
    • Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
    • Other quest fixes

Gameplay
    • Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.

Visual
    • Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
    • Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
    • Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.

Performance & Stability
    • Improved stability, including various crash fixes.

Miscellaneous
    • Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
    • Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on.

PC-specific
    • Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.

Console-specific
    • Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
    • Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
    • Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

You need to invest in an external drive man, 4TB are cheap enough these days. I got one last Xmas and have about 90 games installed between flat screen and VR, with about 900Gb still to spare

You need to invest in an external drive man, 4TB are cheap enough these days. I got one last Xmas and have about 90 games installed between flat screen and VR, with about 900Gb still to spare

Ye I'll have to keep an eye out for one in the new year i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nearly 70GB's in updates in the first 48 hours. What a smooth launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

turning additive camera motions to off is a HUGE improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

At least both consoles now have same day certification for stuff, compared to years ago where you'd be a week waiting after the patch was done.
    Ye I'll have to keep an eye out for one in the new year i think.

If you don't mind used, western digital sell their refurbished stuff. It goes extremely fast and if you set up notifications it might be gone by the time you log on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

ERG89 wrote: »
    Nearly 70GB's in updates in the first 48 hours. What a smooth launch.

Whatever about the launch but fair play to them for turning around a patch so fast (and yes I know they shouldn’t have credit for doing that but it’s speedy and a good sign they will fix the bugs this game has). What the patch does now is another thing altogether but I’m hopeful for the fact it’s weighing in at nearly 18GB that substantial fixes are inbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

For anyone who does not particularly hate him, Blindboy is currently playing it on twitch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

froog wrote: »
    turning additive camera motions to off is a HUGE improvement.

on pc or consoles?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone tried the latest patch? How is it?

Does it redownload the first patch? Updating mine now after it crashed again and it's just over 45gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So far it’s a poor man Deus Ex.
    Hoping it picks up but combat is terrible so far into it.
    To me there hasn’t been a game created like the original Deus Ex and Christ that’s about 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Feels like a good game buried under technical issues for me.

I do enjoy it when it works,unfortunately the technical issues do get in the way.

Not enough for me to stop playing atm but I can see it grinding away at me if the patches don't resolve the issues

Graphics are not everything but its the crashes and low framerate that will kill it for me

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Blazer wrote: »
    So far it’s a poor man Deus Ex.
    Hoping it picks up but combat is terrible so far into it.
    To me there hasn’t been a game created like the original Deus Ex and Christ that’s about 20 years ago.

Emm...Deus Ex Human Revolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Think my settings have just been resetting every time I've started the game.

Varik wrote: »
    Think my settings have just been resetting every time I've started the game.

Yupp, I've had to turn off horizontal/vertical bonus a few times now. Also found brightness settings once hdr was returned off, game definitely looks better but i find I'll be in a cool scene, open photomode but unable to take a good shot because something will look off whether it's the character or some of the scenery.

Anyway, still really enjoying the game. Katana from the free rewards on gog and found a boke a while ago, class cruising around on it in first person, way more fun than driving a car.

on pc or consoles?

PC

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Azza wrote: »
    Emm...Deus Ex Human Revolution?

The original Dues Ex back in 2000.
    One of the finest games ever made IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Really enjoying it. One of the best looking games I have played in awhile (playing on pc. Ray tracing and hdr make it look amazing at times). Nice to play an open world so detailed and interesting to look at. Have not had any major bugs luckily enough, just some small jiggly graphical glitches. Enjoyed the last 2 deus ex games and this is scratching the itch for me. Enjoying the story and missions so far. Exceeding my expectations so far as I thought the trailers leading up to the launch all looked terrible. Seen some console footage on the base consoles though. Looks like a bit of a **** show though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It might be just me, but genuinely think the game looks better again on PS5 after the new patch? Looks really sharp generally, with a lot of that mild murkiness from before gone. Again, I’m possibly imagining it, but was surprised how good some scenes looked while playing tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I'm having a rough time with the gameplay still but I'm getting more into the groove of my spec which is basically a ripoff of a Biotic from Mass Effect. I've turned the difficulty all the way up so there's some actual danger in fights and am trying to get better at hacking. I have got some perks now which recharge RAM faster and I've worked out how to reduce the cost of my hacks, so I am relying on them a lot more in a way that makes me like a sort of techno mage, frying brains remotely and turning the eyeballs off other people, then turning to guns while my abilities go on cooldown. It's not deep but it's getting to something. It's nothing remotely as interesting as what you can do in a Deus Ex or a Mass Effect though. You can hack cameras and then hack people through cameras, so I'm going into cameras and using them to blind people. I've only just started visiting ripper docs cause I'm fairly money constrained and this really hinders experimentation in this game. I spent all my money and now I can paralyze people. That's like almost all the money I've got in the game so far, so I really need to look online and find a money making trick or something cause it kind of is a bit much with the way they do it.

The reason I'm going this route is cause of how bad the aiming is in this, I don't want to play with M&K but when I need to aim from afar I've started to use controller and mouse, a truly evil way to play a video game but it's impossible to hit things otherwise. I don't know how they got camera movement so bad. A lot of this game feels a lot like the original Mass Effect in a whole lot of ways except it completely lacks ME's exceptional world building and dialogue systems. It's got the same difficult exterior but when you push through it's far less rewarding. I think it's a shame that a game like this gets such a spotlight shone on it, cause I think if you reduce the scale and systems a bit and sell to a smaller audience you might have a better game. The subreddit of this game is quite the read, a lot of the same people who were harassing gamespots journalist for being meh on the game are now realising that her criticisms were pretty much on point. Like the fact that you don't need to do crafting in this game (I am doing crafting cause it happens to go with the techie specialty, but it's not a fundamental system and you have to invest points into it for it to be worthwhile), that it isn't the second coming and is in fact a deeply flawed but impressively ambitious game. A real piece of euro jank.

If I weren't on PC I'm not sure I would be still playing this game. I think the multi-tiered city is amazing, I love the fact that walking around feels a viable way of exploring the city, even if there isn't really a whole lot of meaningful discoveries to actually make. The multi-tiered layer cake approach is something I've been looking forward to for a long time. But also there's the major uplift that high end graphics gives it, and which RT gives it. I think if people could see the way it looks in motion it would sell them on the technique, the way it conveys tone. I posted a screenshot of the 'psycho' RT setting during a night scene earlier and it just looks like Bladerunner. I think some of the city's personality could get lost in translation if the settings were turned down too much, the next gen or even high end non RT lighting really needs to be seen. All of which sounds very elitist, and it is tbh, but it actually feels like you're exploring an underbelly of the city when it is lit correct, or vice versa when you're out in the more exposed areas. It's properly labyrinthine, just the act of walking around is enjoyable. Yeah it doesn't run smooth even on PC but neither did Crysis. Sometimes hardware needs a kick up the arse. Although it is severely let down by the repeated assets everywhere, and in some cases repeated asses. I'm really sick of that billboard of the guy with the ass in his face.

Looking at the console versions it just seems like a severely different version of the game, it's a much larger gulf than I can ever remember seeing between PC and console. If people really want to give the game a fair shot then it's not a bad idea to wait. What is here currently is only going to improve, in the case of next gen consoles that improvement will be massive. But it will never be much more than this deeply flawed thing it is I think

This might end up being my goty? Faint praise though because there's not been a lot in 2020 I've loved

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

It might be just me, but genuinely think the game looks better again on PS5 after the new patch? Looks really sharp generally, with a lot of that mild murkiness from before gone. Again, I’m possibly imagining it, but was surprised how good some scenes looked while playing tonight.

I think I noticed an improvement myself. Textures on surfaces seemed to show up more detail or something. It's a gorgeous game in so many ways, while the NPC's are a little boring, the level of care that went into the environments is really something else.

Thought the same, saw some definite improvements but not sure if i was imagining it.

Got the game running very well last night. Zero bugs.

Enjoying the quests, but the city feels lifeless. There's nothing to interact with at all. The game does not have so many things a typical GTA game has. There isnt even a barber ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Played this for an hour or two , bang average in my opinion.

Could be because of my hype for it but honestly didn't grab me that much at all . Went down the street kid path

I can only assume loads of planned features were cut to push the game out in time for Christmas. Maybe we'll get stuff in a future update. I'm still going to play the hell out of it but right now it seems like a GTA sci fi mod with lots of features taken out.

I think I'm gonna hold off for a small bit in terms of playing any further in it. If I'm to be honest, it's not engaging me in the same way as The Witcher 3 did. It is a good game though beneath the bugs.

I ended up giving up last night when a character I was supposed to follow died. It was pretty amusing though, I could walk over and pick up their corpse. I hopefully tried to follow the corpse I was carrying but it failed. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Blazer wrote: »
    The original Dues Ex back in 2000.
    One of the finest games ever made IMO.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided was an excellent game too, although the story was a bit convoluted, the world/level design was really rich. Would highly recommend it and it’s on sale for close to €5 on the PS Store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finished act one last night. I'm hoping act 2 is longer because I've read there's only 2 acts and I'm still seeing story scenes they showed off in trailers.

Had an unfortunate glitch during the cutscene where
    Jackie dies where he was still holding his handgun from the combat section when he went to take the chip out of his head in the taxi. So during this emotional death scene I just saw him shove a gold pistol through his head.

The city itself feels very dense but everything else feels soulless. The npcs just stand around/don't react to anything, the cars just drive straight and won't move around you/your car if you block the road.

All the side quests I've done so far have all been "go here kill person x" which is disappointing given the side quests in the Witcher were really good.

I'm still enjoying it though especially the section at the end of Act 1 where
    you got to play as Johnny Silverhand. I hope if you upgrade your handgun skill you can end up as flashy as he was in that section.

Advertisement