Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So I have to say after playing it a bit more over the weekend im for the most part really enjoying it.

The things that I've found an issue with so far thankfully are not game-breaking.

Ya, I don't like the loading screens there's too many threw out the game.

The handling of cars and bikes isn't great and breaking is almost non-existent at times. I also don't fully understand the guns and why most of them atm need so many hits to kill random people including headshots. Hopefully, some of this stuff can be fine-tuned.

There's been the odd glitch here and there nothing major though.

Just finished the Delamain side mission which was really random and funny!

Looking forward to seeing what game throws at me next!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/12/09/cyberpunk-2077-free-dlc-will-start-in-early-2021-followed-by-expansions/

free DLC planned for early 2021.

hopefully add a bit of depth to the map, car workshops and barbers surely a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

CptMackey wrote: »
    Glad it's not only me. I'm loving it. Are there faults yes but it's enjoyable.

Same here. I've done 1 main mission in act 2 and the rest of my time has been roaming around with side quests (DO THESE) fixer gigs and having a blast. Just like with Witcher 3, the side quests really pull you in and you never know where some of them will take you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

What's everyones armour at? Mines at nearly 300 and I feel kinda tanky on hard now. I may go up to very hard. I did spent alot of time on side quests before doing main ones so I could be over leveled but iv only just finished the heist and seem to put people down fairly easily.

Anyways I'm loving the game, some issues but nothing major on the stadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I'm enjoying the main campaign too. Currently on early act 2
    Trying to find Evelyn with Judy
    and this is my favourite part of the main campaign so far.

The game seems to have gotten worse for me on ps5 since the hotfix. Obviously it's just my expierience but it's crashing roughly every 2 hours now and when I get off a vehicle most of the time I can't sprint or jump until I take out a gun and aim it. My double jump also seems to only work half the time.

Also having audio issues where the static-y effect you get when talking to a character on the phone seems to apply to some lines but not others.

Loving the guerilla arms though. Sprinting around punching people is great craic.

I'm kind of bored with the attribute points. I have a load of perk points but can't spend them on anything because all the skills I want are 3+ attribute points away which could be 5 or 6 hours at the snails pace I seem to level up.

Plus if I want an assault rifle/melee build then I have to split my points between the body and reflexes tree. I would have preferred it if the attribute points were replaced by the skill progression even if it would make it way too easy to farm it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

OSI wrote: »
    Similarly I'm loving the **** out of it so far. It's really jarring coming out of the game after having a blast and being hit with a wave of hate on the internet.

It reminds me of the last Batman game which ran like garbage on PC but was fine on the consoles. So far I've run into one minor bug of my car floating a tad off the ground during one mission in act 1 but everything else has been rock solid. Driving is not great but nowhere near as bad as some are making out and games like Mafia 3 and Watchdogs 1 were much worse and zipping around Nightcity on the Akira bike is fun as fcuk with the side-ways slide when you hard break just so damm cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Game is pulling me in after 3 hours or so. Playing on hard and going with hacking stealt approach

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I'm sort of ambivalent on it, it doesn't play very well but if you can run it well it's the best city setting a game has ever had.

I think the game would be better if it paced its levelling up a bit faster and you could mainline it

It sort of does remind me more of The Witcher as I go on tho, like that game it's a very curated open world. I think if you look at it you could transplant Witcher III's approach to open world onto this in the sense that in WIII there also isn't a lot to do when out in the open. I think the big thing is there's an expectation that the way the city and systems are simulated will be on the same level as GTA, which they aren't.

I feel like last gen consoles are missing out cause Witcher 3 scaled so well to them but Cyberpunk seems not to. The game is absolutely stunning on PC and the visuals carry the experience with how they set the mood and tone. The sense of scale is unmatched, it kind of makes me wish this was the way Square did FFVII remake, with Midgar as massive as Night City rather than a bunch of blurry corridors that sometimes look worse than the PS1 game

https://i.imgur.com/hvpfpv6.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/orCMsCl.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/05pMIRp.jpg

The thing I struggle with is it's not particularly easy to find the same level of story telling as the Witcher. I did find one fun story with
    a clown with a grenade for a nose,
    which I enjoyed. It's hard to know which ones give you fun little anecdotes like this though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Varik wrote: »
    29 hours in and I've just realized that I could have hacked those doors that I wasn't strong enough to rip open with the quick hacks, and same for those tech doors.

Ah for fecks sake. Didn't realise this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished the heist tonight. Great mission but got very glitchy for me with enemy models blinking like disappearing and coming back, zipping around the room facing sideways (not a cool hack), the gui for a weapon that shows the details when equipping it stayed in my screen during game until i reloaded a checkpoint and then the worst one at the end of the mission.
    the model for the relic was replaced by a handgun so Jackie had half a gun sticking into his head. He removed the gun and handed it to me to put into my slot. Wrecked the emotional moment it should have been. Whole thing was topped off by a poundshop version of the cool cutscene trailer they previously released for what happened next.

Saying that, I'm still enjoying it. I'm liking the combat even though I'm sure perks will make it better. Have a katana so focusing on strength/reflex build on this playthrough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Pity I actually
    really liked Jackie and found that quite emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

that whole mission ended and put me in an unskippable hell, which pulled me out of the storty
    still the Keanu Reeves bit showed me what it would be like to be a rock god, his character is so funny in that he's supposedly really nice irl and here he's the ultimate douche

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I did find one fun story with
    a clown with a grenade for a nose,
    which I enjoyed. It's hard to know which ones give you fun little anecdotes like this though
    Ah, Ozob! I smiled hard when when I saw his name come up, as that character has a back story. A man in Brazil came up with that character. A real hardcore cyberpunk the boxed pen and paper player.

Here my recent enjoyment.
    The final escape from arasaka tower shootout as Johnny is memorable. Just blam, blam, blam, retro suits with samurai swords. Endend up thinking back on it foldly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ah for fecks sake. Didn't realise this at all.

Some doors seem to be different but the normal ones will have a quick hack option to distract the enemy/open.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone else found the Katana to be the most efficient weapon to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

dreamers75 wrote: »

Yep. Wipes out everyone fairly quickly. Far better than bullet soaking.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Still no sign of my ShopTo order, utter shower of bastards

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The combat in this is irritatingly rubbish :(

Enemies are really stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Their apology is grating. The problem is they knew exactly what they were doing. It's like preparing an apology for a premeditated murder.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    The combat in this is irritatingly rubbish :(

Enemies are really stupid.

Well I've had a floating head attack me with a machine gun. Interesting abugm, difficult to kill.

All Eyes On Rafah

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Their apology is grating. The problem is they knew exactly what they were doing. It's like preparing an apology for a premeditated murder.

And I would have got away with it if it wasnt for those pesky gamers!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

dreamers75 wrote: »

For awhile, at the start. Now I have not looked back since I put a scope on my sniper rifle and copious use of the smart shotgun.

In fact, I'm spaming those too much. I want to do a pistol build or something. I have a load of exotic pistols in the boot of my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Few minor visual glitches on PC nothing to bad, odd thing left floating in the air.

1 mission glitch after I "neutralised" a Cyberpsycho in a mech suit, i couldnt locate the shard with the background info. Fast travelled away and back it was there in his "neutralised" head which was about 30 feet from the rest of his body, but hey Regina said I "neutralised " him and he would wake up with a sore head. Didnt want to argue with her.

Had a booboo in one of the nightclubs and had to kill all the gaurds before I got to the managers office, it was hard as i was unarmed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Zero-Cool wrote: »

In fairness, after 7.5 years of development on a game that they advertised as a "last gen" game, they knew the game was running and looking really poorly on consoles. They hid this by refusing to release the console version to review and test before launch and are now saying sorry and asking for understanding and time?

They purposely deceived players on console into buying their unfinished game by showing the game running on high end PCs, making us believe that it would be amazing on console too.

Now its like last gen was an after thought and that the game is never going to run properly on PS4 or Xbox One. Its disgusting carry on. We gave them the benefit of the doubt because of who they are and they threw it back in our faces with an unoptimized mess on console. No wonder masses are now requesting refunds.

What a shambles.

EDIT - I am playing on Series X and while I feel lucky to have the extra horsepower and close to 60fps, its still not looking anything like the PC game. Imagine on Series X its only 1080p - 1188p and is still dropping frames...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The whole 'last-gen' thing is a cod. This game was originally supposed to be out in April and then September, when there were no PS5s or Xbox Series X's. Even their marketing deals had they selling a branded Cyberpunk Xbox One X bundle.

These are not PS5 or Xbox Series X games, they're Xbox One and PS4 games that just happen to run on the new consoles because of backwards compatibility. They're not games that were developed for those consoles.

Anyway, the bugs are starting to get awesome.

https://twitter.com/Valvados/status/1338401667025399814?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Markitron wrote: »

Same with a smyths order
    Was shipped last Monday

gimli2112 wrote: »

Yeah, it's bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

These are not PS5 or Xbox Series X games, they're Xbox One and PS4 games that just happen to run on the new consoles because of backwards compatibility

It's not an XB1 or PS4 game either.

It is an out and out PC game that had to release on consoles for financial reasons. I think this was fairly evident leading up to release but they should have been upfront about it and avoided all that console marketing, at least until the next gen versions arrive.
    bennyl10 wrote: »
    Same with a smyths order
    Was shipped last Monday

That's an post for you (I assume), ShopTo haven't even dispatched mine yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Markitron wrote: »

I made a thread to warn people off these wánkers. You might want to have a look, there is an amazing clown on there insisting it's my fault and Royal Mail's, not Shopto posting 3 days later than they should have. :rolleyes:

Did you not get an email from Shopto on Friday saying they had posted it, including a tracking number, and another with your invoice?

Mine appears to still be in the Uk or in the process of leaving it, but it's not on Anpost yet so looks like it Wednesday at the earliest.

In a way, I don't really mind as Watchdogs Legion arrived last week and that is such a blast I'm not missing out on any fun.

Advertisement