Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

xtal191 wrote: »

I see your GTA V & raise you GTA IV.

Digital foundry have a video on base console versions

Performance just seems to be the tip of the iceberg with this game. Digital foundry have went a lot softer on it than I expected as the bugs and graphical glitches have kinda killed this game as much as anything else has but they seem to only mention them in passing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

dreamers75 wrote: »
    He one hit me and I lost 12k (3 times) left him for now but gonna batter him at some point, that sniper rifle looks cool. I still have about 75% health and he said the fight was over.

This keeps happening to me even when I re-load multiple times. Highly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Has anyone tried to get a refund on PS5? Kinda tempting if its an easy enough process, the game is running relatively fine but just don't feel overly bothered to play it so would take advantage of a refund if it was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

AdamD wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to get a refund on PS5? Kinda tempting if its an easy enough process, the game is running relatively fine but just don't feel overly bothered to play it so would take advantage of a refund if it was going.

No idea, I believe the refunds are for the base console versions. No harm in trying to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

ZiabR wrote: »
    No idea, I believe the refunds are for the base console versions. No harm in trying to get one.

The PS5 version is the base console version. In terms of a refund it is the same product so it shouldn't affect a refund at all.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    The PS5 version is the base console version. In terms of a refund it is the same product so it shouldn't affect a refund at all.

Yes, that's correct. Id love to know how many refunds have been issued across PS and Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Bought the legendary gorilla arms and some mods to go with it and they're fairly deadly.

Actually prefer a baseball bat that has over 1300 damage that I bought from the gun shop in your apartment complex. It kills most enemies in two hits and makes a satisfying bonk noise.

Also found my favourite gun in the game. It's marked on the map as a sidequest but you just pick it up off the ground.
    His name is Skippy and he's a parody of Clippy. He makes little comments when you shoot like "According to traditional Christian Scripture, you're going to hell for that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Trankton

scottigael wrote: »
    Has anyone tried returning it to GameStop?

I tried this today, they refuse to give refunds, but in their infinite generosity they offered 42 euro for it on trade in. They did say could swap for another game but seemingly anything I actually wanted was 'out of stock'. Jokers. fyi: it was on the PS4 version

Scummy behaviour. I honestly don't know how some people are still defending them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's kind of a load of ****e. Saying it was because the developers were getting a bonus based on review scores? I can tell you any developer receiving that bonus had no say in the release of the game.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That's kind of a load of ****e. Saying it was because the developers were getting a bonus based on review scores? I can tell you any developer receiving that bonus had no say in the release of the game.

CDPKT have not challenged the article and the CEO in their apology all but admitted to hiding the base versions from people and not allowing the console versions to be reviewed before launch, so the article does hold some truth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CDPKT have not challenged the article and the CEO in their apology all but admitted to hiding the base versions from people and not allowing the console versions to be reviewed before launch, so the article does hold some truth.

Which is not what the article is saying. By all means blame the CEO and management. The developers getting that 90+% metacritic bonus are the actual game devs and don't deserve any blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yea, the wording of this is utterly bizarre...
    The incentive was there. Up until last Friday, the developers believed that their bonuses were contingent upon hitting 90 or higher on Metacritic, according to a report from Bloomberg. As a result, the individual developers and publishers had ample incentive to distribute review codes in a way that maximized their aggregate scores and secured their bonuses.

Individual developers? :confused:

On a related note, the transcript from the latest investor call has been made available. It's...enlightening.

Which is not what the article is saying. By all means blame the CEO and management. The developers getting that 90+% metacritic bonus are the actual game devs and don't deserve any blame.

I 100% agree with you. The developers are not to blame here. This was a CEO and Shareholder decision to release. The reality is that the developers are the ones getting it in the neck. Its just one big mess.

I listened to the shareholder call while doing sidequests this morning and in that the reason given by one of CDPR heads was that they were constantly working on the base console versions so by the time the review copies would be in reviewers hands it would already be outdated.

Obviously I don't buy that but that's their explanation. One other interesting thing was when one shareholder brought up the topics of non-performance complaints, the CDPR guy said that the awful AI is considered a bug as well.

Since I'm playing on PS5 the bugs are manageable, but the cut content is really dissappointing. Lifepaths were meant to be a couple hour intro, but instead for nomad you never get to see why you left your clan but are instead introduced to a sheriff you presumably never see again.

The 6 month montage after you meet Jackie also felt very abrupt since that's when your character would be new to night city just like the player.

The non persistence of the open world is the most baffling thing to me. The entities of the open world only exist in a certain area around the persons field of view and disappear once you turn around. I thought we would have moved beyond this as it's something I haven't seen since the PS2 GTA games.

It sounds to me like they are going to patch this up later but I hope they do because the game world does not feel alive at all looking at the videos about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Gyan84 wrote: »
    The 6 month montage after you meet Jackie also felt very abrupt since that's when your character would be new to night city just like the player.

Just on the montage, I felt it was really well done and built up Jackie as someone I actually cared about, unlike in most games where the player is never really invested in what happens to the best friend, partner or family member.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Jimbonaut wrote: »
    Same here. I do hope it comes and it's just a delay with An Post. But from what I'm reading I'm in no particular rush for it at this stage.

Would you believe, mine arrived yesterday, PS4 version. I've an Xbox Series X. Cursed Smyth's and then checked...I had somehow ordered the PS4 version.

So, my brother gets that for Christmas and my Xbox version arrives tomorrow.

:o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The non persistence of the open world is the most baffling thing to me. The entities of the open world only exist in a certain area around the persons field of view and disappear once you turn around. I thought we would have moved beyond this as it's something I haven't seen since the PS2 GTA games.

It sounds to me like they are going to patch this up later but I hope they do because the game world does not feel alive at all looking at the videos about it.

I'm hoping the patches allow the game to reach its full potential. I am worried though that the likes of the AI behaviour and other fundamental elements of the game will not change. The way NPC's / cars just disappear when you turn around is really jarring with me. I'm finding it hard to overlook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

IMO, CDPR's approach to open world has sort of caused some missed expectations here. I'm not trying to defend the game's inadequacies as such but in Witcher 3 as well you could tell that the open world was largely a backdrop to their more curated approach to story telling

You sort of feel the same thing here, but it's more apparent cause NC is a city and not a bunch of rolling hills. You expect stuff and substantial systemic 'life' to the city. I think some of this was cutback but I also suspect it wasn't as high on the list of CDPR's priorities as sheperding players through the story with their quests and gigs. Now I know they did have some guy on saying that the NPCs would go about their routines or whatever and that was definitely over-promising things but still.

NC to me is sort of like a pre-rendered backdrop in a Final Fantasy game or something. Very pretty but flat when you look at it too closely. I think the Mafia games are also sort of like this

Tbh though I did not watch most of those live letter things they were doing, I cba listening to devs go on about how great their game will be for 45 minutes every few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'm gonna play this game in whatever the best patch available is until I've completed the main story and then put it away for a while.

Once the full PS5 version is available with whatever DLC's etc are ready I'll probably go for a second play through on a different story.

Still overall enjoying the game, despite it's flaws.

Venom wrote: »
    Just on the montage, I felt it was really well done and built up Jackie as someone I actually cared about, unlike in most games where the player is never really invested in what happens to the best friend, partner or family member.

That's fair. I felt the opposite in that I just met this guy who openly admitted that he was planning not to pay me but then after a short cutscene I'm meant to completely trust him and am planning a heist with him.

I would have liked a couple of missions getting to know him/the city at the same time like the one at the start where you
    save the woman from the gang and give her to the trauma team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I bought this on release last Thursday and I was nearly embarrassed to play it with all the negativity it actually nearly put me off playing it . I decided stay off forums for a few days and just play it . Over 10 hours in and it’s bloody amazing . Actually hooked now . Story , world & characters all brilliant . Granted I’m playing on ps5 . Can understand the pain for anyone playing on last gen .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I enjoyed it when it was running ok,the framerate spoiled it after awhile though. Made it frustrating for no reason other than it ran like crap.

Happy enough to take a refund for the moment and try again down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

0cOag9F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Stadia footage looks pretty sweet

https://youtu.be/KWLkzgjmjDQ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yeah I'm delighted I got it on the stadia in the end, iv racked up about 20-25 hours since launch and I'm only a mission or two into act 2.

I think it's a great game but agreed re the AI. It's especially noticable in the badlands when you see tonnes of cars in the distance like a motorway and they just disappear.

I seen a video online of someone glitching to Vs secret mansion and he clipped through the city and was able to see every car on the map on its track going around and around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Was really disappointed with the Nomad start. You're in the city after twenty minutes, what a joke.

• Advertisement

Booted the game up this evening and it had randomly reset all my settings.

One issue I'm having is that the button actions (R2 Shoot, square reload etc ) are stuck on the bottom right of the screen.

I went into the hud settings and toggled everything off which got rid of the phone button actions on the let of the screen but the ones on the right are still there :confused:

Is this a glitch or did I miss something ?

Advertisement