Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Yeah I've stopped playing this, Night City is very impressive but game design wise this feels about 15 years behind. Flat systems, little to no possibilities for interesting emergent gameplay, uninteresting story. Gives me AC1 vibes at times.

It's given me a new appreciation for Ubisoft all of a sudden, turns out making a serviceable open world experience isn't that easy after all

To think people went on the defence of this game cause it got a 7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

It's given me a new appreciation for Ubisoft all of a sudden, turns out making a serviceable open world experience isn't that easy after all

I know its game design by committee and all, but Valhalla is one of the best open world games I have ever played.

Markitron wrote: »
    I know its game design by committee and all, but Valhalla is one of the best open world games I have ever played.

I have it installed, will try and get back into it probably (found the combat terrible tbh but willing to put up with something like that if it can make it up elsewhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Markitron wrote: »

Im happy I stuck to my decision on getting Valhalla and waiting on the pS5 version of CP2077. the hype was so strong for 2077 it was really hard not to get it Day1. what a relief.

• Advertisement

I have it installed, will try and get back into it probably (found the combat terrible tbh but willing to put up with something like that if it can make it up elsewhere)

The combat picks up a lot the further you get into it. It's never difficult but it does get a LOT more fun.
    Parsnips wrote: »
    Im happy I stuck to my decision on getting Valhalla and waiting on the pS5 version of CP2077. the hype was so strong for 2077 it was really hard not to get it Day1. what a relief.

Doesn't hurt that it runs ridiculously well and looks beautiful on PS5, now that they have added DualSense support it is even better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was more because a woman that gamergate incels hate gave it a seven.

There was nothing wrong with the review and it's looking like she was bang on the money with it. Egg on face for the gamergaters but then again that's their modus operandi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Yeah I've stopped playing this, Night City is very impressive but game design wise this feels about 15 years behind. Flat systems, little to no possibilities for interesting emergent gameplay, uninteresting story. Gives me AC1 vibes at times.

Having played Far Cry 5 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey recently I'm the opposite. I couldn't finish them due to the shallowness of the world, it's bland characters and just the overall feeling of meh that I got from them.

It goes to show how difficult it is to create engaging quests and an interesting main storyline in an open world setting.

Plus, you said you didn't like the Witcher 3 so it's not really surprising that Cyberpunk isn't for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Or people were upset with another lazy game journo with a spotty history and complete lack of effort for a job where you get paid to play games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've done games journalism.

It's not as easy or great as people seem to think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Retr0gamer wrote: »

You're never going to explain that satisfactorily to gamers. Lounging around all day playing video games and getting paid for it, nah get out of here?

The most rabid fanboys out there are gamers, with Nintendo fans top of the league.

I wouldn't fancy writing for that audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Or people were upset with another lazy game journo with a spotty history and complete lack of effort for a job where you get paid to play games.

Jesus. I think that's one the worst videos i've ever tried to watch in my life

The most rabid fanboys out there are gamers, with Nintendo fans top of the league.

I wouldn't fancy writing for that audience.

I found the sony fanboys by far the worst. Nintendo and pc were grand. Xbox fans were bad as well but they've calmed down an awful lot.

Plus, you said you didn't like the Witcher 3 so it's not really surprising that Cyberpunk isn't for you.
    I can see what makes The Witcher 3 a great game tho, it just isn't personally something I could get into. The combat was a deal breaker but everything else was very high quality.

Cyberpunk I struggle to find things to like about other than the graphics. I did give it my best shot and there were parts that were genuinely outstanding, but I can't help noticing how spread thin the whole experience feels right now. It needs more depth and its systems need to be in concert with each other a bit more cause the motivation to build a character isn't there for me right now, even on Hard mode.

Also great to see Robert Ninja still completely unable to back down from his position so he doubles down on the ol 'low effort game journalism' **** again. I'll say again as someone who's put 35 hours into CP2077 every one of her criticisms tracks with my experience of the game. Meanwhile the glowing IGN and Windows Central review sound like they played a completely different game to mine. Not that they're wrong for enjoying it, but cp2077 is just a distinctly middling experience to me right now

I found the sony fanboys by far the worst. Nintendo and pc were grand. Xbox fans were bad as well but they've calmed down an awful lot.

I find Nintendo fans to be among the most toxic of all gamer communities

• Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The Last of Us 2 reddit sub really takes the biscuit for a hate group, went there once, jesus christ, never come across so much 4chan style vitriol in one place for anything, you'd think some computer game developers had murdered their family members or something

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Jesus. I think that's one the worst videos i've ever tried to watch in my life

The dude’s moronic, toxic videos are the kind that will ruin your recommendations for weeks to come :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Still really enjoying this game im almost afraid to play the main missions as don't want it to end haha.

Played few side missions today mostly the Nomad stuff with Panama. Looking forward to seeing what further updates will bring and if the PS5 update will ever see the light of day if they get around to fixing the older console versions :pac:

Glad I got to play this on one the newer machines though as ya it can be a bit glitchy nothing major at all. I've played much worse!

To be honest the reviews probably should have been done separately for each group of machines because there's no way the game deserves a low score on any of the consoles or PCs it performs on. It should have been a PC PS5 Xbox Series X game that's it.

All it needs is a bit of polish for the new machines and it will be top level.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

All it needs is a bit of polish for the new machines and it will be top level.

A spray of Mr. Sheen should do the trick ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Chaoticawk

Really enjoying the game on PS5, not many glitches (crashed on me once, and
    Jackie pulled a gun out of his head
    ) and looks pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    A spray of Mr. Sheen should do the trick ;)

Worth a try! Ha.

I'm going to have another stab at this. Played it for a few hours but I didn't get a really big feel for it, hopefully that will change. On the plus side, I'm happy with how it performs on the Series X while playing with the Cyberpunk 2077 controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

I'm starting to think the bad press and hate has helped me with this game.

I was hyped to the nines, then disheartened with all the negativity I am hours into it now and loving it. The world and story is brilliant. Outside of glitches I'm loving reading the lore, listening to side quests etc. I think this is both where CDPR excel and where they have failed.

So few people bother about this and care more about fps and what machine it runs best on, its nice to see a world that's been built from the ground up with care gone into why its there first and how it looks second.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The dude’s moronic, toxic videos are the kind that will ruin your recommendations for weeks to come :pac:

Had the misfortune to click on a YongYea video before which led to him and his ilk polluting my recommendations for ages until I just clicked "Not interested".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I got a refund from Smyths. Kinda astonished as when I posted it yesterday I expected it to get sent back to me as it was opened. I already asked them in the customer service chat on Tuesday was it ok and they said it was fine.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I got a refund from Smyths. Kinda astonished as when I posted it yesterday I expected it to get sent back to me as it was opened. I already asked them in the customer service chat on Tuesday was it ok and they said it was fine.

What console did you play it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    What console did you play it on?

PS4 (shudder)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Rumoured the final patch before XMAS is 21st so I think that’s when I’m going to officially sit down and start playing it seriously for the story haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement