Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The story behind this game is infinitely more interesting than the game itself.

What a glorious ****show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Man, what an absolute **** show. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wow thats huge news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Well that's just embarrassing for CDPR tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wow, that is a stunning move by Sony and catastrophic for CDPR.

Maybe not financially catastrophic but the optics of it, to have the most hyped blockbuster of the year taken off the PS store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

J. Marston wrote: »
    Wow, that is a stunning move by Sony and catastrophic for CDPR.

Maybe not financially catastrophic but the optics of it, to have the most-hyped blockbuster of the year taken off the PS store.

Proper order. Hopefully MS follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Been playing this on PC relatively bug free so far and enjoying it. I do feel for anyone with a console version. Stunned by that Sony move.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Who here has played a decent amount on base PS4? Is it really as bad as that?

Even when they do the next gen patch it's just not going to make the game not feel so bare and shallow. Witcher 3 does not have half the issues this has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Who here has played a decent amount on base PS4? Is it really as bad as that?

Even when they do the next gen patch it's just not going to make the game not feel so bare and shallow. Witcher 3 does not have half the issues this has.

I have. I had at least 2 crashes to "desktop" every evening. I only played a couple of hours a night as well.

That's on top of textures not loading, multiple phone calls happing simultaneously, T poses galore, couldn't finish a mission because of a bug, multiple graphical glitches, map not loading if you move too quickly across the city etc etc etc.

It needed at least another 3/6 months in teh oven, or just not released on Last Gen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Will Microsoft follow suit or keep it as an unofficial exclusive?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a total overhaul of CDPR management at this stage. From the broken promise of no crunch to the underwhelming game to the catastrophe with the base console versions, this is a PR disaster I can’t really compare to anything else. Even your Anthems or whatever, disappointing though they were, didn’t launch in a barely playable version on certain machines.

What an absolute failure of management: to put your workers through awful conditions just to end up with this unholy mess anyway. Really stinks of a company that has been dealt a debilitating blow by ‘going public’ - there are a lot of rich people in CDPR upper management, but looks like shareholders are forcing them to make terrible decisions about their actual games.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Tbh, this could be compared to the release of the original version of FFXIV I think.

That is at least the closest trash fire I can think of, it just gets forgotten now cause the reboot was such an unmitigated success and one of the highest rated FFs ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'll be waiting at least a week to see how things go. I refuse to pre-order or buy the game on release day because of their silly restrictions on reviews and streaming. Feels like they are trying to hide something pre-release.

I was cautious but even I didn't see it becoming this big of a sh*tshow. It's absolutely amazing that they have messed this up so much that Sony have been forced to remove it and put together a system to auto-refund the game, because their customer service reps have been spending too much time doing it manually for people you would assume.

Thankfully I wasn't invested in this game for years like millions of others were. The disappointment they must feel now... Hopefully in 6-12 months it will be fixed and I'll be able to pick it up second hand because there's no way I'm giving them another sale after the way they've acted.

It brings me no pleasure to have called it :pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114263552&postcount=9303

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Unreal that Sony doesn't have an automated refund system by now. And cdpr have to pay the price for it. They did this earlier with a call to action to refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

The story behind this game is infinitely more interesting than the game itself.

What a glorious ****show.

As a long time gamer I would be very interested if production process, delays and decision making was made public in a well produced documentary. I'm sure Netflix are scrambling for the job...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

They lied to gamers, they lied to reviewers, and then they threw MS and Sony under the bus with the whole certification comments and the refunds that they didn't clear with them. They also tried to blames gamers on not selling a game on GOG, when it was blatantly obvious that they did that to not offend the Chinese government.

I think this is really unprecedented on several levels. CDPR just destroyed there reputation with gaming media, destroyed the relationship with MS and Sony, and pissed off all there fans, especially those playing on last gen (i would call it a scam for last gen gamers).

I really don't see how they come back from this to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

no harm to see them fail after what they did, pity the innocent employees who are also the victims of corporate greed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

gimli2112 wrote: »
    no harm to see them fail after what they did, pity the innocent employees who are also the victims of corporate greed

This 100%

• Advertisement

Fair play to Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

They deserve backlash especially for bending over to China. That said its being treated unevenly compared to other imo worse launches like No Mans Sky and Fallout 76.

I think it'll rebound and like this review states will probably become timeless. I am still excited about its future, expansions and online. Only real worry is that they won't properly open it up for modding like they lied about with Witcher 3. That's all I can really describe CDPR as right now: Liars. Have been for a long time actually. But it's not why they have a history of hate towards them by places like Reeesetera and the mainstream press.

Sony don't give a shyte about actually protecting their customers. This is purely for their own protection. The fact that they don't already have an automated and reliable refund system and their publishing of other similar catastrophic launches shows this. They're not the hero but they've always been allies of censorship so they're certainly going to win points with that crowd for this move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

wes wrote: »
    then they threw MS and Sony under the bus with the whole certification comments

Was this before or after release that CDPR started talking about certification?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

wes wrote: »
    They lied to gamers, they lied to reviewers, and then they threw MS and Sony under the bus with the whole certification comments and the refunds that they didn't clear with them. They also tried to blames gamers on not selling a game on GOG, when it was blatantly obvious that they did that to not offend the Chinese government.

I think this is really unprecedented on several levels. CDPR just destroyed there reputation with gaming media, destroyed the relationship with MS and Sony, and pissed off all there fans, especially those playing on last gen (i would call it a scam for last gen gamers).

I really don't see how they come back from this to be honest.

And lied to investors on a call not so long ago saying that the game ran surprisingly well on the base consoles. ****ty behaviour everywhere from CDPR management these last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's a huge step from Sony. I'd imagine the whole certification fiasco and telling everyone they could have a refund without speaking to platform holders burnt whatever goodwill they had left.

I can't think of another game dev that torched their entire reputation so thoroughly in the space of just one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Wonder if CDPR can counter and remove it from ps5 as technically it was never released on it.

****show all round really which is a game as the game is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Was this before or after release that CDPR started talking about certification?

After on an investor call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Has any "AAA" game company had this happen in any recent memory? I saw this when I got up this morning and I'm beyond words. Was it really that bad??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

CDPR have absolutely ****ed their reputation over this. They could have cancelled the PS4/XBox version the day before release and they still would have come out looking far better then they do now. Many PC users are happy enough with the game, and maybe next gen console users (not sure how its running on the PS5/Series X), but i don't blame anyone who bought it on the PS4/XBox being pissed at them.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Graphically the PS5 version is sub par, im more concerned with the amount of crashes the game has, along with some nasty graphical glitches.

This game should have been pushed back another year

Advertisement