Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No Man’s Sky wasn’t broken at launch. It disappointed people, but it was a functional, playable game. Ditto Anthem, ditto Fallout 76 (although the latter was a buggy mess - not quite on this scale). This happens all the time, because that’s how creative works work - especially in the commercial sphere.

If Cyberpunk was just another ‘disappointing’ game, there’d be no need to pull the game from a major storefront. But it’s that (IMO) and a broken, crashing, barely playable mess on two consoles where a substantial percentage of the playbase will be playing it. That’s where this case is above and beyond the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

Morzadec wrote: »
    So is the verdict that it's not worth playing on the ps4? Have it downloaded and just created my character but haven't had a chance to go further.

I'd be a fairly casual gamer especially with these types of games - could i still enjoy it or are the bugs just too noticeable?

Give it a lash and see for yourself, you're still eligible for a refund even if you play it (have to play under a certain amount of hours I believe?)

It's just an annoying experience playing on base PS4, sometimes in works for a bit then it crashes or the frame rate drops or there's a bug or something floating around etc... So I've applied for my refund already.

I see some people online are saying the likes of hold onto your copy to support them etc.. To that I say fcuk them, they lied and tried to cover up the state of the game on base consoles (which I assume is a majority of the purchases because next gen consoles are like hens teeth atm)

More then happy to purchase again when it's up to standard but this is a bit opportunity for games to show to devs and the suits that people won't just swallow up any old sh!te they want to release, it's potentially a watershed moment for gaming.

Honestly think it's one of the best three games of the last generation. Absolutely incredible piece of work.

It's a technical marvel, but it seriously lacks depth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I still think it's very strange of Sony to do this and a bit hypocritical considering the utterly broken **** and asset flips they have let on to the PSN store (and apparently it's due to chinese pressure and 'connections' these were let on the store) and have taken Cyberpunk off the store. Seems a bit too much like Sony appealing to the outrage gamer to get PR to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I still think it's very strange of Sony to do this and a bit hypocritical considering the utterly broken **** and asset flips they have let on to the PSN store (and apparently it's due to chinese pressure and 'connections' these were let on the store) and have taken Cyberpunk off the store. Seems a bit too much like Sony appealing to the outrage gamer to get PR to me.

Agree completely, there are plenty of broken games they left up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

sticker wrote: »
    I wouldn't be fully surprised if Microsoft dont follow Sonys lead here. It would not ressonate well to continue to support a broken game on their console platform.

Not sure if it's exactly the same though. Sony's refund process seems to have been quite manual, even with this they make mention of "making sure that you have purchased CP2077 via the Playstation Store". On the Microsoft side, it seems to be entirely automated, with the ability to get a refund with a few clicks.

Could go either way though. Hopefully this experience makes devs and publishers hold off on release of broken, buggy games in the future.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't go that deep into any boycott as all I want to do is play games, but I won't defend Sony in this regard. Literally (almost) every other store allow refunds as is the standard practice of consumer law (surely?). Under the supply of goods and services act, at least here in Ireland, all consumers are entitled to a repair, replacement and refund

"Under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980, anything you buy from a retailer must be:

- of merchantable quality
    - fit for its normal purpose, and reasonably durable
    - as described, whether the description is part of the advertising or wrapping, on a label, or something said by the salesperson.

When you buy goods from a retailer, you make a contract with him. He agrees to provide certain goods to you for a certain price. If your purchase turns out to be faulty, the retailer, not the manufacturer, is responsible to you and must sort out your complaint. You are entitled to a refund, a replacement or a repair."

I can only imagine this law is found in a lot of other countries as well, or at least something very similar?

Sony, in this instance, is the "retailer", and when I see this act, and see companies being blatant in their disregard for it, it astounds me. Like why would you do something so corrupt? (I know; money/greed)

The issue is that this hasn't been tested in courts with a digital release. Once it has been it sets a precedent.

listermint wrote: »
    I do probably next year once the storm dies down. But how will my PS 4 copy work on PS5. Excuse my ignorance but haven't researched that heavily.

Basically when you put the PS4 disc in the PS5 you will get the option of downloading the PS5 version of the game. It will work 100% as normal as long as you keep the PS4 disc in the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The issue is that this hasn't been tested in courts with a digital release. Once it has been it sets a precedent.

Good point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Markitron wrote: »
    Agree completely, there are plenty of broken games they left up.

Sony are no strangers to throwing people under the bus, they were very quick to do similar to hello games after the backlash to No Mans Sky

https://www.pcgamer.com/sony-president-criticizes-no-mans-sky-it-wasnt-a-great-pr-strategy/

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Just finished game, did about 70% of side quests, overall I enjoyed it on PS5 but had a lot of hard crashes, even had one during the end credits. On PS5 with the patches its definitely playable.

Sony were not happy when CDPR instructed people to request refunds. Apparently they did not even consult Sony first. I guarantee someone in Sony hit the roof when that happened. Pulling the game is a response to this, nothing to do with bugs (there are tonnes of buggy and choppy games on the store).

However this may just be the latest in an ongoing feud between Sony and CDPR, I recall Sony 'accidentally' sent around notifications to people on PSN a few months ago saying "Cyberpunk is delayed AGAIN, you can get a refund if you want". I got a bunch of them and I didn't even pre-order.

At the time I thought that was a warning or a shot fired rather than an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

:confused:

This is being done as CD Projekt Red basically challenged both Microsoft and Sony on this and one of them (finally) agreed to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Wonder what the Legal basis means, inside information?
    MESSAGE (ENGLISH VERSION)

Current report no. 66/2020

Subject: Temporary suspension of the availability of Cyberpunk 2077 on PlayStation Store

Legal basis: Art. 17 section 1 of the Market Abuse Regulation - inside information

The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as “the
    Company”) hereby publicly discloses the decision of Sony Interactive Entertainment (hereinafter referred to as
    “SIE”) to remove Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice. The decision was undertaken
    following our discussion with SIE regarding a full refund for all gamers who had purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via
    PlayStation Store and want a refund at this time. All copies of the game previously purchased digitally on
    PlayStation Store remain available for use by their respective buyers. Gamers can still buy physical versions of the
    game in retail and mail order stores. All copies, whether digital or physical, will continue to receive support and
    updates from the Company.
    The Management Board of the Company has decided to publicly disclose this information in the form of a current
    report due to its potential influence on investment-related decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wonder what the Legal basis means, inside information?

Think it just means that it's information that they (CDPR) have to release as a publically traded company because Sony de-listed their game has a material effect on them.

Probably breaks Sony's own contract as well.

Have to agree that CDPR telling people to ask Sony for a refund is probably the issue. Sony has a no refund policy (although they will review cases, they refunded me for the metal slug collection as I was unhappy it was the PAL 50hz versions). However Sony really should legally allow refunds and have a policy in place.

I can see this getting very messy in the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Latest patch really does seem to improve things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I can see this getting very messy in the courts.

CD Projekt Red to be represented by Lionel Hutz.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Someone’s ruing the day they first put a statement against a bright yellow background.

https://twitter.com/cyberpunkgame/status/1339846154176126976?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

The irony is Sony and Microsoft probably pressured the sh1t out of CDPR to launch it, to coincide with the launch of their next gen consoles. They needed a blockbuster title to package with the bundle sales of the new consoles.

Wombatman wrote: »
    The irony is Sony and Microsoft probably pressured the sh1t out of CDPR to launch it, to coincide with the launch of their next gen consoles. They needed a blockbuster title to package with the bundle sales of the new consoles.

I'd say it was MS more than Sony, they had those expensive marketing deals with them after all.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    CD Projekt Red to be represented by Lionel Hutz.

Even if they had Lionel Hutz it's Sony that are totally in the wrong and breaking consumer laws. If CDPR carry the case through and have the money they will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Curious to kniw if anyone is playing on a PS4 pro and using a 4k tv, if the the visuals/performance are good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

It also runs pretty well on the Series X, as it has performance options that the PS5 doesn't - can run at 30fps in HQ mode, which is far closer to the PC version from a visual POV.

CP is fairly unique, can't really compare it to say, Fallout 76. FO76 was buggy, sure, but so were every Fallout game, didn't stop them being solid, even great, games.

What really sunk 76 at launch was that it simply just wasn't good.... a bastard vision of how an online Fallout could work.

It was also easy to turn Fallout around with content, and it's now a tremendously good game.

CP is the complete opposite. At its core it's already a really solid game, just a terrible experience on the PS4 and Xbox One that goes way beyond bugs, made worse by the bare-faced lies by CDPR about the state of the game on those consoles.

And unfortunately I'd imagine at this point in time, the vast, vast majority of players are using those consoles.

The problem is - can they rebuild the game in some way to make it run acceptably on the base consoles? I think too many people are focused on bugs, when any open world game of this scale was going to be riddled.

Fallout 3, 4, New Vegas, Skyrim, Witcher 3 - all bug-infested at launch, all great games, then and even more so now. But CP2077 is broken in a very different way for last-gen and I am not sure they can sufficiently fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I can't speak for PS5 but it runs fairly ok on Series X, there wouldn't be an issue if they had just released it for next gen only.

Curious to kniw if anyone is playing on a PS4 pro and using a 4k tv, if the the visuals/performance are good?

I haven't played the PS4 pro version myself but (according to DF) it runs at a dynamic resolution that tops out between 1100 - 1200p and runs at a target of 30 fps which regularly dips into the mid 20's.

Sounds to me like its perfectly playable depending on your standards, personally I would wait till they patch the performance to be a little more stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ive that setup. It performs poor enough, but I'd say the visuals are acceptable. They're not what I would have expected considering how previous games like RDR2 looked like, but they weren't a deal breaker either.

Performance though is bad, I was getting multiple crashes a day and lots of bugs (kind of funny shooting invisible guns though as they've failed to render).

I've ended up submitting a refund request anyway. Haven't played it since last Friday and only urge I have to play it is cos I paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Markitron wrote: »
    I'd say it was MS more than Sony, they had those expensive marketing deals with them after all.

I really don't think that's the case at all.

Firstly the games are not Next Gen so they wouldn't bundle a previous generation game with a next gen console.

The MS comment seems like fanboy stuff as neither MS or Sony are depending on Cyberpunk to sell consoles at the moment especially as all consoles are sold out.
    There is no Xbox/Cyperpunk console bundle.

The blame for this lies solely with the management of CDPR as they clearly knew what they were doing and released a broken game and tried to hide it (no review release for consoles ) and they have thrown their developers under the bus.
    Disastrous release by them.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    There is no Xbox/Cyperpunk console bundle.

There is a Cyberpunk Xbox One X bundle, to be fair.

But yeah it’s absolutely not the case that Sony and MS were using it as some way to sell their next-gen machines. There isn’t a proper next-gen version yet, and it seems to be mainly CDPR themselves pushing the ‘plays great on PS5 / Xbox Series’ lines.

Advertisement