Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

I'm loving this game, can't stop playing it. It's huge in scope and if Cdpr nail down the bugs and some tweaks in ai if that's possible it'll be a game to play for years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I can't speak for PS5 but it runs fairly ok on Series X, there wouldn't be an issue if they had just released it for next gen only.

It runs OK on Series X.

1) Horrible grainy graphics, roads and cars look like they are covered with fine sand paper.
    2) Broken textures
    3) Terrible supported resolutions of 1080p and 1188p in performance mode
    4) Significate FPS drops in performance mode aswell. Last night I could clearly see the slowdown and stutter, id say it dropped to 40~ fps.
    5) Awful vehicle physics

It is playable on Series X, but it is still not a great experience. That is because no matter what, we are still playing the Xbox One version of the game. I honestly feel like the last gen base consoles will never be able to achieve solid game play and if they do it will look like Minecraft.

Next gen will be the saving grace for this game. We might see that version in 2077...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Cienciano wrote: »
    I really want to get it on a standard PS4 but can't really justify it. Can anyone convince me, or should I leave it for a few more patches?

OK, posted this yesterday. Think my decision is made

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

There is a Cyberpunk Xbox One X bundle, to be fair.

But yeah it’s absolutely not the case that Sony and MS were using it as some way to sell their next-gen machines. There isn’t a proper next-gen version yet, and it seems to be mainly CDPR themselves pushing the ‘plays great on PS5 / Xbox Series’ lines.

OK fair enough, I thought that console was gone as game was so seriously delayed.

Either way as you say I don't see Sony or MS at blame here.

I also think if they did push for a game to be released then it would be for an exclusive game not a cross platform game.
    But do they do that ? I know MS are happier to have Halo delayed and released as a better game rather than release a poor game that damages the franchise and console rep and I'm sure Sony would have the same attitude.

I simply think this was a cynical cash grab by CDPR that may be their ruin in the long run. Senior management in trouble anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Or people were upset with another lazy game journo with a spotty history and complete lack of effort for a job where you get paid to play games.

I decided to watch it as a form of self flagellation, and its one of the more unintentionally ironic things I've seen in a while. The guy has poorly researched what he is ****eing on about, doesn't appear to have watched off even read the review, very clearly only wants to push an ideological agenda, and is just waffling through it with untrue nonsense and endless virtue signalling to the gamergate crowd.

Seriously man, that was probably the most cringe inducing virtue signalling I have even seen packed into 7 mins and 30 seconds in my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

I decided to watch it as a form of self flagellation, and its one of the more unintentionally ironic things I've seen in a while. The guy has poorly researched what he is ****eing on about, doesn't appear to have watched off even read the review, very clearly only wants to push an ideological agenda, and is just waffling through it with untrue nonsense and endless virtue signalling to the gamergate crowd.

Seriously man, that was probably the most cringe inducing virtue signalling I have even seen packed into 7 mins and 30 seconds in my life.
    Yeah that video was painful. The kind of stuffy, ball fondling, au contraire hack who can squeeze a YouTube living out of doing the whole Razor Sharp Thinking Man gimmick but would struggle to get a proper job doing balanced journalism. These kind of guys are personality first entertainers, which is fine, but seem largely to appeal to the "Everything lamestream is fake" crowd.

Anyway...Cyberpunk. I'm enjoying this way more than I thought I would! Even disregarding the technical issues, it's getting a lot of the usual open world criticisms at the moment in terms of not having enough to do, ignore what it is doing and focus on what it isn't and so on. Plenty of valid criticisms, and the game's clearly a complete ****show, but it's a frequently absorbing one. I guess I'm benefitting from my own relatively muted enjoyment of Witcher and going in expecting a bug riddled curiosity rather than the greatest game ever.

It's Witcher 3 doing Blade Runner. The story's been the thing that's surprisingly pulling me along. I really like it. I reckon once it fizzles out I'll lose interest fast, but 30 hours from a game like this is fine for me. It was always going to be Hollywood, not some massively in depth RPG.

The first time I got the elevator up to my apartment, I spent 15 minutes in it staring at a wall of monitors showing a talk show discussion between a priest and and a cybernetically enhanced girl. I'm walking really slowly everywhere. Down every alley, looking at every screen and banner. It's a very specific feeling I've not had since those first few hours with GTA IV, another game whose window dressing belied a pretty ageing mission structure and choice of activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

And just think, people said Xbox wouldn't have any big exclusives for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I still think it's very strange of Sony to do this and a bit hypocritical considering the utterly broken **** and asset flips they have let on to the PSN store (and apparently it's due to chinese pressure and 'connections' these were let on the store) and have taken Cyberpunk off the store. Seems a bit too much like Sony appealing to the outrage gamer to get PR to me.

Apparently it's likely that they just don't want to have to keep making this exception to their terrible refund policy, so they just took the whole game down

murpho999 wrote: »
    There is no Xbox/Cyperpunk console bundle.

WTF?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Cyberpunk-2077-Limited-Bundle/dp/B0877K1B21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    That is a truly horrible-looking console

Despite this, it's apparently "not a last gen game".

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

KilOit wrote: »
    I'm loving this game, can't stop playing it. It's huge in scope and if Cdpr nail down the bugs and some tweaks in ai if that's possible it'll be a game to play for years to come.

Yeah, if/when they fix it, it will be a great game. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with expansion packs. Although I assume they will be coming out later than originally planned as the priority is obviously to get the actual game working. I'm hoping they can get it working right on current gen consoles (or are they last gen now, when does the next gen become the current gen?). I don't see why they can't, other open world games like GTA, watchdogs, etc. work on them and they are similar games set in similar large city environments. It's just gonna take time and effort, although Rockstar and Ubisoft have experience with large city open world games and CDPR don't so maybe that will work against them getting it to work right on consoles.

On another note, does anyone know a good way to identify where netrunners are. Been in a few situations where I have killed everyone in an area except for one netrunner who is hacking me and it takes me a while to find them. I get it's kinda the whole point of netrunners but still annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Your experience seems to be more the norm than the serial haters trying to outdo each other, as the game has been topping the steam charts, which is apprently difficult for any single person game to do.

My copy is still stranded in the Dublin mail exchange. Once again, I'd just like to send out a huge f**k you to Shopto, for shipping this after the release date, instead of before.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Despite this, it's apparently "not a last gen game".

Seeing this still thrown about blows my mind. There is no PS5/Xbox Series X version of Cyberpunk, both machines are playing the PS4, Xbox One version through backwards compatibility. The extra grunt of the new machines allows them to brute force their way to a more stable frame-rate, but theses as last-gen games running through backwards compatibility.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Your experience seems to be more the norm than the serial haters trying to outdo each other, as the game has been topping the steam charts, which is apprently difficult for any single person game to do.

My copy is still stranded in the Dublin mail exchange. Once again, I'd just like to send out a huge f**k you to Shopto, for shipping this after the release date, instead of before.

Hopefully in two years the €40 special edition will be worth a look, with all the patches and DLC included.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

As explained already I was referring more to the Xbox Series consoles and forgot about the One X which is gone in my mind as the normal consoles are not being produced any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

This sums up the AI for me. This is me on PC last night. Please fix, thanks.

https://m.imgur.com/a/hZTsk4t

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This review tracks most with my own experiences - not a game held back by bugs or tech issues (although those are there), but rather half-realised features, bloated systems and poorly implemented ideas.

https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2020/12/15/looking-for-the-cyberpunk-in-cyberpunk-2077/
    Cyberpunk 2077 is one of those games with overbearing loot churn. Even if I play the crafting system to upgrade my preferred weapons, I’m constantly scooping up loot to break apart or sell. Which would normally be fine, since loot can be a part of worldbuilding. But let’s talk outfits, which is where the loot churn makes me look like a fool. With a world so full of loot, why do I have to look so silly when I’m minding my armor stat, which is the only gameplay rationale for what I’m wearing? At any given time, I dress like an outrageously costumed extra in a low-budget 80s sci-fi movie. Cyberpunk 2077 feels so bad about what it’s making me wear that it puts me in first-person view and turns off all the mirrors. But then I look down and see my pink sneakers with studded metal at the toes. I could have opted for the bad-ass cyberboots, but they have an armor rating of 28.4 to the pink sneakers’ armor rating of 30.2. Would I rather look cool when I can’t see myself, or would I rather risk yet another reload because I died in combat? And god help my dignity if I choose to ride a motorcycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

This review tracks most with my own experiences - not a game held back by bugs or tech issues (although those are there), but rather half-realised features, bloated systems and poorly implemented ideas.

https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2020/12/15/looking-for-the-cyberpunk-in-cyberpunk-2077/

Very true my bad ass character is wearing +75 armour pink skirt atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Seeing this still thrown about blows my mind. There is no PS5/Xbox Series X version of Cyberpunk, both machines are playing the PS4, Xbox One version through backwards compatibility. The extra grunt of the new machines allows them to brute force their way to a more stable frame-rate, but theses as last-gen games running through backwards compatibility.

You have an outdated idea of how these games are written. There won't be next gen console versions written specifically for them. There might be slight GPU API optimisations added, but that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

On another note, does anyone know a good way to identify where netrunners are. Been in a few situations where I have killed everyone in an area except for one netrunner who is hacking me and it takes me a while to find them. I get it's kinda the whole point of netrunners but still annoying.
    There's a perk in one of the skill trees that will highlight anyone hacking you in your HUD, they show up as a yellow version of the red outline you get when you ping enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

If I was MS I would be on the phone to CDPR to lock down exclusivity for next instalment of witcher, its clear to see that this is not as bad as its being made out to be as a large amount of people are enjoying it on ps5/ series x and PC.

Sonys stunt today is nothing more than a PR piece to hide that there consumer practices are woeful. Regardless of what happens here the next witcher installment will sell well and CDPR will continue to make millions as they do on GOG and Gwent as it is and those two are still well liked regardless of opinions on CP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

recyclops wrote: »
    its clear to see that this is not as bad as its being made out to be as a large amount of people are enjoying it on ps5/ series x and PC.

Every single thing I’ve seen suggests the game is exactly as bad as is being made out on PS4 and Xbox One.

Even on PS5 I’ve gotten more full crashes than any game I’ve played in recent memory.

recyclops wrote: »
    If I was MS I would be on the phone to CDPR to lock down exclusivity for next instalment of witcher, its clear to see that this is not as bad as its being made out to be as a large amount of people are enjoying it on ps5/ series x and PC.

Sonys stunt today is nothing more than a PR piece to hide that there consumer practices are woeful. Regardless of what happens here the next witcher installment will sell well and CDPR will continue to make millions as they do on GOG and Gwent as it is and those two are still well liked regardless of opinions on CP

I thought TW3 was the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Put in for a refund on ps store. The game actually played alright on ps5 but full refund is a no brainer for a game I've not been bothered to play all week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Same. The game runs great on PC, looks amazing and cruising around Night City at night on a bike is just awesome. The main quest is really good but the side quests are just amazing and really suck you in to see what happens next even tho some are real gut punches. Unlike nearly every other open world game, I really want to do all the golden question marks on the map as so far each one has been completely different.

Bugs so far

Act 1 my car floated a foot off the group in one mission, but I may have parked on some chump by mistake.

Act 2
    One NPC in a main mission had no lip-syncing.
    My bike when summoned, once drove past me and off into the distance for about 400m!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

As someone who didn't buy it, I'm now excited to play it in six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

dohboy wrote: »
    As someone who didn't buy it, I'm now excited to play it in six months.

From what I played even if it did work flawlessly and they had an openworld that actually feels like something that was made in the last 15 years its still not a great game. It looks nice but its borderline non interactive compared to most open worlds I've played in since the PS2.
    Driving, shooting, stealth and the enemy AI need a lot of work too as all of them feel off. Cops spawning on the spot essentially was kinda hilarious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, to me its at best a 7/10 game brought down to a 4 or 5 with all the bugs. Stuff like the clothing/armour system isn't a bug, just crap design imo. I've been wearing the clothes of the Arasaka guy from the heist despite them being way underlevelled just cos they go well

• Advertisement
Advertisement