Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

recyclops wrote: »
    If I was MS I would be on the phone to CDPR to lock down exclusivity for next instalment of witcher, its clear to see that this is not as bad as its being made out to be as a large amount of people are enjoying it on ps5/ series x and PC.

Sonys stunt today is nothing more than a PR piece to hide that there consumer practices are woeful. Regardless of what happens here the next witcher installment will sell well and CDPR will continue to make millions as they do on GOG and Gwent as it is and those two are still well liked regardless of opinions on CP

I don’t think it’s just that though this game is very basic in its ai levels and traffic it’s laughable as an open world game when even PS2 era GTA has better AI so combine that with the bugs crashes sub 720p resolution it’s a mess all around

If this was an indie development or early access okay sure but a full on AAA game from a major publisher that hyped the game to high hell no way

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Even on PS5 I’ve gotten more full crashes than any game I’ve played in recent memory.
    The game crashes on me at least 3 times a day on PS5...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

its clear to see that this is not as bad as its being made out to be as a large amount of people are enjoying it on ps5/ series x and PC.

Of course it is. This is NOT a PS5 or Series X game. It does NOT exist on next gen consoles. It is as bad as everyone is saying. People are only saying they are enjoying it on PS5 and Series X because these consoles brut force their way through the backwards compatibility.

People need to look at this as if the PS5 and Series X did not launch this year. This is a PS4, Xbox One and PC game, and right now it only works on PC.

Its an absolute disgrace and as an Xbox gamer, I have to tip my hat to Sony. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

There is a Cyberpunk Xbox One X bundle, to be fair.

But yeah it’s absolutely not the case that Sony and MS were using it as some way to sell their next-gen machines. There isn’t a proper next-gen version yet, and it seems to be mainly CDPR themselves pushing the ‘plays great on PS5 / Xbox Series’ lines.

It's not like this is the first time a game being pushed across generations lead to it being a massive buggy mess with the last gen versions being borderline unplayable.

The game I'm most reminded of with this launch is Battlefield 4. Launched across generations like cyberpunk it was a mess across the board but last gen consoles at the time took the biggest hit. I guess it's a small bit reassuring that most people consider it one of the best in the series now, seven years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The odd thing is that once you get a refund off Sony i dont think they can remove the game from your library, happened me before on the PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

J. Marston wrote: »
    Had the misfortune to click on a YongYea video before which led to him and his ilk polluting my recommendations for ages until I just clicked "Not interested".

Cannot stand that lad. He has CP2077 videos a year or two back with "mind blowing" and "breath taking" in the title, all aboard the hype train. Now he's making videos about the fallout from the current mess and not a word on his own part in fueling the hype (for what little effect he may have had). An absolute hack.

Will never understand YouTube lads like him who have the independence to give impartial coverage to games but chooses to be a shill no better than IGN, such a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Cannot stand that lad. He has CP2077 videos a year or two back with "mind blowing" and "breath taking" in the title, all aboard the hype train. Now he's making videos about the fallout from the current mess and not a word on his own part in fueling the hype (for what little effect he may have had). An absolute hack.

Will never understand YouTube lads like him who have the independence to give impartial coverage to games but chooses to be a shill no better than IGN, such a waste.

YouTubers have just become marketing for the publishers, just as the likes of IGN and Gamespot were before them. I honestly don't trust any of them to give me an impartial opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

ZiabR wrote: »
    Of course it is. This is NOT a PS5 or Series X game. It does NOT exist on next gen consoles. It is as bad as everyone is saying. People are only saying they are enjoying it on PS5 and Series X because these consoles brut force their way through the backwards compatibility.

People need to look at this as if the PS5 and Series X did not launch this year. This is a PS4, Xbox One and PC game, and right now it only works on PC.

Its an absolute disgrace and as an Xbox gamer, I have to tip my hat to Sony. Fair play to them.

I get that its not a series X or ps5 game, but from pumping in a fair amount of hours into with very little game breaking bugs ( main one was the panam, what up V bug). If I wasnt playing on series X my opinion would more than likely be different.

I don't have a pc and the game works very well for me, I am not just saying I'm enjoying it, I am actually enjoying it, very much so and will continue to enjoy stuff regardless of how many youtube snippets of bugs are put out there. Those things are like skills videos of footballers, here is a 2 min clip of why so and so is world class please forget the match goes on for a further 90 ( here's looking at you Paul Pogba)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Describe what you think an xbox series X game is and how you 'think' it differs from a One X game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I still think it's very strange of Sony to do this and a bit hypocritical considering the utterly broken **** and asset flips they have let on to the PSN store (and apparently it's due to chinese pressure and 'connections' these were let on the store) and have taken Cyberpunk off the store. Seems a bit too much like Sony appealing to the outrage gamer to get PR to me.

I think Sony got mega pissed off by

* misrepresentation that reflect on PS (PS ads for it)
    * impact on them by all the refund requests
    * lack of communication by CDPR

They pulled it out to teach them a lesson I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭CWF

I hav a PS4 Pro and an unopened copy from Smyths... Should I return it or give it a go?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This review tracks most with my own experiences - not a game held back by bugs or tech issues (although those are there), but rather half-realised features, bloated systems and poorly implemented ideas.

https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2020/12/15/looking-for-the-cyberpunk-in-cyberpunk-2077/

I get the complaint in the quote (although I have managed to look at worse semi-alright in anything I'm wearing) but once again those complaints can be levelled at most RPGs. The whole 'When the armour doesn't match but I have the best stats" meme has been around for ages. For other games we just roll our eyes or laugh about it but Cyberpunk it is a huge problem and proves the game is shít. The same thing happens in games like skyrim and fallout and a big deal isn't made of it like it is here. Skyrim is even worse because you actually see your character.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't even think they are shills. If they were he would still be shilling it now. They just get more views from hyping it up back then, and more views from trashing it now. It's all about the clicks.

I get the complaint in the quote (although I have managed to look at worse semi-alright in anything I'm wearing) but once again those complaints can be levelled at most RPGs. The whole 'When the armour doesn't match but I have the best stats" meme has been around for ages. For other games we just roll our eyes or laugh about it but Cyberpunk it is a huge problem and proves the game is shít. The same thing happens in games like skyrim and fallout and a big deal isn't made of it like it is here. Skyrim is even worse because you actually see your character.

At least Skyrim had a perk where you get a bonus for wearing a matching set.

This sums up the AI for me. This is me on PC last night. Please fix, thanks.

https://m.imgur.com/a/hZTsk4t

Whatever about the poor AI (it's poor), that fella is impossible to kill? How many headshots do you need? Also 'critical' headshots do not appear to in fact be 'critical'?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Whatever about the poor AI (it's poor), that fella is impossible to kill? How many headshots do you need? Also 'critical' headshots do not appear to in fact be 'critical'?

Takes about 50 or so grenades from the roof of the garage from my experience. And a fair few headshots with the precision rifle and also setting him on fire with the SMG also helps.

Dont kill the other guy and he can keep the mech guy busy.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Takes about 50 or so grenades from the roof of the garage from my experience. And a fair few headshots with the precision rifle and also setting him on fire with the SMG also helps.

I killed him first. Though I was meant to. I found if you hack the big mech guy and do short circuit (might have been one of the other hacks can't remember) it does a lot of damage. Seems to remove his shield. Also, head shots for me did no damage at all, literally 0.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Well, that just sounds silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

J Mysterio wrote: »

he got stuck in the entrance gate for me and I just milled him out of it with the widow maker :pac::pac:

he got stuck in the entrance gate for me and I just milled him out of it with the widow maker :pac::pac:

I haven't played the game yet, just seems ridiculous to me that you would have to head shot some so many times to kill him, boss character or not. Also that 'critical' shots don't appear to inflict critical damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

That's typical of RPGs, though. Seems like they could've helped with the suspension of disbelief for bullet sponges over games like The Division with something simple like saying such enemies have titanium skull cyberware. Literally just a string of text if you scan them, not even any complex programming involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I think he is just a high level AI you encounter early because of another mission close by.

Assume if I met him now i would whoop his ass, much prefer that type of psycho then fast invisible (not a bug) ****ers.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Describe what you think an xbox series X game is and how you 'think' it differs from a One X game.

Can you clarify your question? You do know this game is not developed for next gen yes? That it is running in compatibility mode just like a beefed up emulator? I don't need to "think" it differs as you have put it. I know it differs because it is a completely different version of the game that needs to be built from the ground up to avail of the new CPU, GPU and features in the next gen consoles.

Right now there are NO games that are next gen. There are some games that have been optimised for Series X but they are all still fundamentally Xbox One games at their core.

Cyberpunk 2077 is no different. At the moment it gains NOTHING from running on Series X or PS5 in terms of utilizing the architecture or new features that these new consoles bring. The only reason that we are getting 60fps at 1080p...(yes 1080p) is because the CPU is much much stronger than that in the last gen consoles. As I said, the new consoles are using raw brut force to push out higher framerates.

The difference in a true next gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 would be stark and would be in line with a decent PCs performance. We may or may not ever see that though because we don't fully know how deep CDPR will go when developing the next gen version of the game. They may only choose to use certain features as the cost to build the game from the ground up would be too high. Its a cost vs benefit analysis scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Based on their conference call it sort of feels justified to call this a next gen game which was then sort of squeezed into last gen architecture, with disastrous results

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1338889217183805445

Can you clarify your question? You do know this game is not developed for next gen yes? That it is running in compatibility mode just like a beefed up emulator? I don't need to "think" it differs as you have put it. I know it differs because it is a completely different version of the game that needs to be built from the ground up to avail of the new CPU, GPU and features in the next gen consoles.

Right now there are NO games that are next gen. There are some games that have been optimised for Series X but they are all still fundamentally Xbox One games at their core.

Cyberpunk 2077 is no different. At the moment it gains NOTHING from running on Series X or PS5 in terms of utilizing the architecture or new features that these new consoles bring. The only reason that we are getting 60fps at 1080p...(yes 1080p) is because the CPU is much much stronger than that in the last gen consoles. As I said, the new consoles are using raw brut force to push out higher framerates.

The difference in a true next gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 would be stark and would be in line with a decent PCs performance. We may or may not ever see that though because we don't fully know how deep CDPR will go when developing the next gen version of the game. They may only choose to use certain features as the cost to build the game from the ground up would be too high. Its a cost vs benefit analysis scenario.

My son is a game developer/C Dev. I asked him how a next gen game would differ from a last gen and he said it basically wouldn't, apart from possibly some GPU API tweaks. He said the days of games being written from scratch for different platforms and intricately optimised are long gone. So if you think CDPR are going to, or have to, write a new version of the game from the ground up for it to properly run on a Series One X vs a One X, you are suffering under a misapprehension.

Based on their conference call it sort of feels justified to call this a next gen game which was then sort of squeezed into last gen architecture, with disastrous results

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1338889217183805445

That seems to almost contradict an earlier meeting where the CEO said that the game "runs surprisingly well" on last generation. Now he's shifting the tone here. I couldn't blame him, given the position he's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't even think they are shills. If they were he would still be shilling it now. They just get more views from hyping it up back then, and more views from trashing it now. It's all about the clicks.

This is it. Jim Sterling has said that any positive video he puts out gets a fraction of the views of a video where he is outraged at something.

I asked him how a next gen game would differ from a last gen and he said it basically wouldn't, apart from possibly some GPU API tweaks.

This is exactly what I said... If you reread my post you will see that I mention what features CDPR intend to use for next gen is unknown at this point. They will not rebuild Cyberpunk 2077 again for the next gen, it makes absolutely no sense to do so.
    He said the days of games being written from scratch for different platforms and intricately optimised are long gone.

This is simply not correct. If you look at PS4/PS4 Pro for example there is a list of at least 50 games that appeared on no other platform, so they were built from the ground up to get the most out of a certain hardware set. Same can be said for PC.

It has happened with EVERY generation of console, and will happen with PS5, not so sure about Xbox because their business model is different and they want people playing their games on whatever device they want.
    So if you think CDPR are going to, or have to, write a new version of the game from the ground up for it to properly run on a Series One X vs a One X, you are suffering under a misapprehension.

That is not what I said, and I am also a developer so I am not blind to how the industry works.

This is exactly what I said... If you reread my post you will see that I mention what features CDPR intend to use for next gen is unknown at this point. They will not rebuild Cyberpunk 2077 again for the next gen, it makes absolutely no sense to do so.

This is simply not correct. If you look at PS4/PS4 Pro for example there is a list of at least 50 games that appeared on no other platform, so they were built from the ground up to get the most out of a certain hardware set. Same can be said for PC.

It has happened with EVERY generation of console, and will happen with PS5, not so sure about Xbox because their business model is different and they want people playing their games on whatever device they want.

That is not what I said, and I am also a developer so I am not blind to how the industry works.

You are a game developer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Curious to kniw if anyone is playing on a PS4 pro and using a 4k tv, if the the visuals/performance are good?

I am and it's ok but it looks poor compared to a lot of older games. I've just applied for a refund on PSN. I liked it but found I could only play for short spells before I'd lose interest. I think I'll put the refund to Black ops which I wasn't going to buy but kind of need to upgrade guns for Warzone.
    The combat was poor and I'm unsure if that was performance based, certainly played a part.

Advertisement