Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Possibly right on the release,but my guess for seeing gameplay will be at this

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/network/events/1685

Very happy to be completely wrong on this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I wasn't playing games at the time but got so into The Witcher 3 that I looked up a bunch of stuff on it after, and apparently some were upset that the graphics didn't live up to E3 expectations. Looks like they've gone the other route this time.

25f6lsttnpi11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    I would say late 2020 at the earliest and I really don't think us plebs will get to see this game in action until e3 2019.

Never been so happy to be wrong before. Looked great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That looks absolutely fantastic. Wasn't really sure what to expect from the screens released so far, but the details is amazing. Can't wait to get stuck into this (whenever its released).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Stolen from Reddit:

There is a hidden message in the last frame of the Video!

Sorry to have kept you waiting for this for so long!

Did you like what you saw? Because for us, the fact that we're finally showing you Cyberpunk 2077 is HUGE. Please go to our forums, twitter, facebook, discord, and do tell what you think. Is the game world how you imagined? Do you see what we meant by "immersion" when we talked about CP2077 being an FPP RPG? How does our vision of "cyberpunk by day" make you feel? We really want to know.

Aside from that, we think we owe you a few words of explanation on why we're showing you this gameplay now, some time after industry professionals and media saw it at E3 and gamescom.

Each time we discussed the idea of showing the game to you (and we discussed this idea a lot), we were ending up in this "we're not 100% sure" limbo. Why? Because (for most people), when a game dev shows gameplay footage from their game, it means that this is how the game is going to look or play like. It's not the case here. Cyberpunk 2077 is deep in development. We have a lot of design ideas, a lot of mechanics being playtested, but we don't know what we'll end up with at launch. This makes publishing videos like what you just saw risky --we don't want gamers saying 'but in that previous video that gun was shooting differently', or 'why did you change the interface?'. Change is inherent to game development and there's a ton of things being modified each day. Our fear was (and kind of still is) that you'll think what you just saw is how Cyberpunk 2077 will look like.

What gave us that extra confidence to show you a work in progress game? Good initial feedback from people who are accustomed to see games at various stages of development. What they told us (and they told us they really liked what they saw) gave us the boost we needed to show the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 to the most passionate and insightful audience --you.

So here's what Cyberpunk 2077 looks like today (or rather looked like when we recorded the video). We sincerely hope you liked it.

Again, thank you for your patience and all the thoughts you shared with us.

Yours,

CD PROJEKT RED

Edit: this blew up. Just to be clear, i have nothing to do with CDP Red, i just found it at the end of the video by accident ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Wow. Looks absolutely amazing.

From page to screen, its finally happening ... :):):)

4e531eba913e01b6754e5c669d7537d4.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Billy86 wrote: »
    I wasn't playing games at the time but got so into The Witcher 3 that I looked up a bunch of stuff on it after, and apparently some were upset that the graphics didn't live up to E3 expectations. Looks like they've gone the other route this time.

Pretty sure that it was a Witcher 3 gameplay slice that they showed at E3, which then got "downgraded".

The mistake that they made that time was that they just assumed that people would realise that it was Alpha gameplay, and that anything could change to hit framerate targets. This time around, they've got a huge banner across the top of the video, so if someone complains, they can just point to that.

Personally, I don't think that there was a major Witcher 3 downgrade anyway, it was still an incredibly beautiful game, and the stuff that they had to change was so minor in the scheme of things.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Pretty sure that it was a Witcher 3 gameplay slice that they showed at E3, which then got "downgraded".

The mistake that they made that time was that they just assumed that people would realise that it was Alpha gameplay, and that anything could change to hit framerate targets. This time around, they've got a huge banner across the top of the video, so if someone complains, they can just point to that.

Personally, I don't think that there was a major Witcher 3 downgrade anyway, it was still an incredibly beautiful game, and the stuff that they had to change was so minor in the scheme of things.

I can't be sure but thought it had related to the trailers (like the 'killing monsters' on where the soldiers are hanging the woman by the tree) but could be completely wrong as I was only reading this a year or two after the fact when I got my PC built and picked up TW3 as the first game along with Civ VI. Either way, they've definitely decided to avoid that wherever possible this time between the watermark you mentioned and actually scaling up a bit for the gameplay trailer. Good to see, and just another reason to love CDPR - how I wish more were ran like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I can't be sure but thought it had related to the trailers (like the 'killing monsters' on where the soldiers are hanging the woman by the tree) but could be completely wrong as I was only reading this a year or two after the fact when I got my PC built and picked up TW3 as the first game along with Civ VI. Either way, they've definitely decided to avoid that wherever possible this time between the watermark you mentioned and actually scaling up a bit for the gameplay trailer. Good to see, and just another reason to love CDPR - how I wish more were ran like them.

The killing monsters stuff are a series of pre-rendered cinematics. They're not really related to the in-game graphics.

I think a big thing that happened with the Witcher 3 was that the colour palette was shifted towards something a bit darker and that was a very stark change that people often didn't like. It wasn't necessarily just about graphics that made people think it looked worse.

Gbear wrote: »
    The killing monsters stuff are a series of pre-rendered cinematics. They're not really related to the in-game graphics.

I think a big thing that happened with the Witcher 3 was that the colour palette was shifted towards something a bit darker and that was a very stark change that people often didn't like. It wasn't necessarily just about graphics that made people think it looked worse.

Interesting, though I'd reckon the darker palette was much better for mood and setting, plus it made Skellige in the daytime, parts of Novigrad, and especially Toussaint pop out that much more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Interesting, though I'd reckon the darker palette was much better for mood and setting, plus it made Skellige in the daytime, parts of Novigrad, and especially Toussaint pop out that much more.

Second this its what makes the game really work for me. Its grittier or something with the muted colours and wilder landscape...although the second DLC (name escapes me right now) with the "fairy tale colours" was amazing so i'm basically contradicting myself ha.

The darker tone makes me think of the wild atlantic way but with witchers and monsters etc. What a time to be alive.

edit Toussaint

To be clear, I don't have a problem with the way the game looks, but that was the point others were making.

I could see this ultimately getting a downgrade, but unlike something like the Division, I can't see the ultimate result being completely divorced from what we've seen.

jones wrote: »
    Second this its what makes the game really work for me. Its grittier or something with the muted colours and wilder landscape...although the second DLC (name escapes me right now) with the "fairy tale colours" was amazing so i'm basically contradicting myself ha.

The darker tone makes me think of the wild atlantic way but with witchers and monsters etc. What a time to be alive
    That would have been Toussaint. :D

I don't really reckon it was contradictory, more that the game (and the first two apparently; haven't played them) are so dark and dreary in nature that a more light-hearted, fairy tale like (literally depending on what story path you chose) send off was kind of fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That looked awesome. Only watched the 15 minute version, so didn't see any driving, but i'm leaving it at that and will not watch anything else to do with this until the release trailer, regardless of how long it takes!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice analysis video on the character creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Forgot to say how much I appreciate the third person driving. I don’t know what explanation they give for why it’s possible in an FPS (I say this because they actually have a logical explanation for the HUD) nor do I care if they provide us with one at all, driving in third person is essential.

True, though if they have an option to switch it would be great too - first person driving in GTA on the motorways etc can be fantastic... though in tight spaces not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1st person driving in far cry works very well. Yeah, would be easier in 3rd person but it's much more engrossing. GTA 5 looks savage in 1st person driving but it's way too fast and hectic. Not sure if they were driving slow in the demo to show off the world but looks like 1st person driving would suit the gameplay.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    1st person driving in far cry works very well. Yeah, would be easier in 3rd person but it's much more engrossing. GTA 5 looks savage in 1st person driving but it's way too fast and hectic. Not sure if they were driving slow in the demo to show off the world but looks like 1st person driving would suit the gameplay.

I turn into fecking Schumacher in GTA first person driving at speed for some reason, which is especially odd because I'm absolutely woeful at just about every racing game ever made. :D

One issue with first person in the game is that there are a fair few tight spaces due to the nature of the city. With how in detail the world looks, I wouldn't be surprised at all for there to be chances to bump into NPCs that give quests etc in the game just by sheer chance on the streets, so it might be somewhat of an issue of accidentally making an enemy of one of them by hitting them or one of their mates etc. Also the same if there is a Fallout 3/NV 'karma' type system where being a clumsy driver might get you confused for being a homicidal maniac that nobody wants anything to do with.

I'm probably overthinking it there, but it's just something that crossed my mind earlier.

Combat looked like it was on easy mode .

I'm sure there'll be an elite difficulty mode you can play ( and subsequently tell people that you played ) when it comes out.

• Advertisement

I hope it's high risk high reward and not just bullet-sponginess.

ME: Andromeda's biggest failure in mechanics was how attritional the combat was until the last third of the game, where it flipped to being trivially easy.

I think it's important in shooters that you feel powerful, even if you're also fragile and can't take that much damage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Looks great, but I would say it is next gen................

I was thinking the same after E3, the fact they haven't said its coming to xbox one or ps4 is strange.

they haven't said its coming to xbox one or ps4 is strange.
    I thought they have said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I was thinking the same after E3, the fact they haven't said its coming to xbox one or ps4 is strange.

They have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    I thought they have said that?
    Cina wrote: »
    They have.

I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Anyone have a rough outline on how they'd like to build their V?
    I'm thinking morally flexible, follow the money with swords and a motorcycle.
    Split skill points between solo and tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• 100% human / no cybernetics
    • Master unarmed combat if possible
    • Invest in every way to gain best speech options
    • Gain tons of money through trading/screwing people
    • Bribe and yap my way through everything
    • Maybe hire some protection
    • Only time I'll touch a weapon is when I'm selling it two sides of a conflict so I can profit off it
    • Female body
    • Suit attire

Let's hope any of that can be done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Basically Sombra:
    • Max hacking ASAP
    • Stealth camo if available (same for translocator)
    • Keep friends but be ready to betray them if needed
    • Be as sarcastic as possible
    • Screw over the corpos at all costs

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm just going to get a nice, steady job in Buck-a-Slice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Really looking forward to this...I feel old but I actually played the pen and paper RPG:o

Advertisement