Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yeah it seems to be a widespread issue. GOG are highlighting it. Whatever about the dissatisfaction at the minute, there are about to be a whole load more people annoyed when their hours of gameplay essentially disappear.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded

This sh1tshow is getting better and better. That's a massive bug.

Even my dad said it to me today, and my dad knows nothing about games. Just heard about a bit product issue with a new game.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Can't wait for the Switch port of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Is the corrupt game save issue on all platforms or just last gen consoles? Just wondering if PC or Stadia are affected.

titan18 wrote: »
    This sh1tshow is getting better and better. That's a massive bug.

Even my dad said it to me today, and my dad knows nothing about games. Just heard about a bit product issue with a new game.

I was very critical at first, but I actually feel bad for CDPR at this point. Mainly the devs, not the execs.

This is Fallout 76 levels of bad, as far as launches go.

Are CDPR selling dodgy merch by any chance? Bottles of rum?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is the corrupt game save issue on all platforms or just last gen consoles? Just wondering if PC or Stadia are affected.

I think it's just on PC? Not sure if consoles are affected.

• Advertisement

Confirmed on pc at least, not sure anywhere else.

I was very critical at first, but I actually feel bad for CDPR at this point. Mainly the devs, not the execs.

This is Fallout 76 levels of bad, as far as launches go.

Are CDPR selling dodgy merch by any chance? Bottles of rum?

When you had one of the their devs retweet an article saying the problem is gamers unrealistic expectations, I don't feel very sorry for them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Another 17 GB patch on the PS5.

This isn’t unique to this game (looking at you Call of Duty) but really wish developers would make an effort to reign in the file sizes. I know it’s probably much more complicated than that, but just seems like such a waste of bandwidth for fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I am 19h in and haven't done any main story missions after I got Johhny. Keep getting distracted by world. Side mission here, checking whats the story over there etc. Having great crack. Trying to save up a few Eddies to get better car right now.

Really enjoying gun play. I know its RPG, but it feels punchy and fun. A specially when you get a good double barrel shotgun. Those are fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

My game crashes about once every hour now on PS5 which is pretty bad. Hopefully the new patch will sort that out.

Despite its best efforts to make me snap the disc in half I'm still enjoying it. I've been doing a lot of side-quests and fine tuning my one punch man build.

I also got a glitch of the Witcher 3 variety where I died from fall damage after going off a 2ft high step :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Managed to get my hands on a new gpu so after refunding the game on PS4 i may buy it again on PC....sucker for punishment or playing the game the way they never said was the best way to play but actually is the best way to play....accidentally:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

New patch doesn't fix the hourly crashes on ps5.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Another 17 GB patch on the PS5.

This isn’t unique to this game (looking at you Call of Duty) but really wish developers would make an effort to reign in the file sizes. I know it’s probably much more complicated than that, but just seems like such a waste of bandwidth for fixes.

A hear that's nothing, us call of duty vets eat 16GB updates for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Apologies but I haven't read any of this thread . I'm thinking of buying this on ps5. I heard it has major performance issues on the last gen consoles but also that even the ps5 version suffers and one needs a top of the line pc to get the full benefit

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Full list of fixes. Highlights for me - HDR is 'warmer', fixed UI overlap, stopped settings resetting to default. Weird fix, V is now more modest in the inventory after the montage. Did people actually complain about that enough to warrant a fix. Why did they put in nudity options if they don't want to show it?

Quests
    Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
    Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
    Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
    It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
    Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
    Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
    Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
    Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
    Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
    Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
    The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
    Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
    Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
    Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
    Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
    Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
    Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
    Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
    Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
    Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
    Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
    Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
    Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
    Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
    Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
    Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
    Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
    Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
    Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
    Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.

Gameplay
    Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
    Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.

Visual
    Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
    V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
    Fixed some UI overlap issues.
    V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
    NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
    Added some warmth to HDR.
    Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
    Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
    Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.

UI
    Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
    The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
    Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.

Performance & Stability
    Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.

Miscellaneous
    Offscreen explosions make noise now.

PC-specific
    [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
    Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
    Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
    Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
    Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
    Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
    Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Console-specific
    Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
    Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
    Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
    Corrected the look of several vehicles.
    [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
    [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
    Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
    Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

So, it really is a race against time with the latest bug. Heheh. Going to meet Hanako at Embers...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Apologies but I haven't read any of this thread . I'm thinking of buying this on ps5. I heard it has major performance issues on the last gen consoles but also that even the ps5 version suffers and one needs a top of the line pc to get the full benefit

Your mileage may vary. I also haven't played but I've been sort of keeping an eye on the situation. Some on ps5 crash lots, some occasionally. For me on PC I intend to get this game but not for a few months. I feel it's more early access right now than the final product :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Full list of fixes

Wow it's like a list of fixes you'd have in a beta or even alpha build, not a released game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'll be surprised if they bounce back from this. A game with this much hype being kicked off the console stores is unprecedented.

The other thing is that they're not a company with a big history of hits or major titles. Their entire recent success has been built off The Witcher 3 and if one game could make them, one disaster could break them.

It doesn't help that they're pulling stunt like Devotion on GOG either,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 palong88

Wow it's like a list of fixes you'd have in a beta or even alpha build, not a released game :eek:

No it's not, this is a small list for a game out only a week.

Look at assassins creed latest big update.
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/valhalla/news-updates/7adnHZYiIKWGI9U9rhBwfv/assassins-creed-valhalla-title-update-110#:~:text=TITLE%20UPDATE%201.1.-,0,tomorrow%3A%20December%2015%2C%202020.

I think people are misunderstanding the main issue here, these small bugs are nearly an enjoyable part of the game. Skyrim, Fallout and other games at a similar level always have these small bugs, sometimes just weird things happen.

Games at this scale with intertwining stories, complex, side missions and the freedom to do what you want. It's just too hard for a team of humans to have complete control.

Anyway not defending the company here, just people are complaining about the bugs when the real issue is much worse.

The issue is that they release a sub optimal game on last gen consoles. It has terrible frame rate drops(sub 20fps) , very poor texture rendering (people look like blobs) etc... They were obviously aware but didn't seem to care too much.

The game runs like a dream on high end PCs and looks fantastic on PS5 and Xbox X/S.

The question now is if they can fix it for last gen or not. If not, then it should have never been released on PS4/pro, Xbox one/series X.

titan18 wrote: »
    When you had one of the their devs retweet an article saying the problem is gamers unrealistic expectations, I don't feel very sorry for them

I would, they were put under severe pressure to get this out. That dev was working 6 day weeks if not more since September. It's incredibly disappointing to have such a mess of a release as a developer, it shouldn't have been released when it was but it was not the fault of any developer. Also the negative reception means that developers are getting plenty of abuse for something they ultimately aren't responsible for. It was bad decisions made by people higher up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any unrealistic expectations customers had was fuelled entirely by their marketing team promising everything under the sun.

The other thing is that they're not a company with a big history of hits or major titles. Their entire recent success has been built off The Witcher 3 and if one game could make them, one disaster could break them.

It doesn't help that they're pulling stunt like Devotion on GOG either,

They have a fabulous IP there. Everything going for it. They are are completly rock solid. I think they skimped on staff. It seems like they kept to a group of say 300 staff when you know it should be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

WRT the crashes people are getting, on PC I would notice after about an hour that the game could take dives into the 30s and even 20s performance wise. I would restart the game around this point and load the same area with the same actors and load and it would be back around 50. The crashes are probably due to some memory leak I'd say, so maybe on console if you see this unexplainable performance dip then prepare for a crash or maybe restart the game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have I finished the prologue? I haven't seen the title cards yet.[/SPOILER]

You’ve seen the title card ;) I thought it was going to be something cool - like projected in the sky over the city - but it’s actually just a sorta loading screen with the title
    during the fallout from the heist when you’re shot

You’re into act 2 if you’re able to explore the city after meeting Johnny.

WRT the crashes people are getting, on PC I would notice after about an hour that the game could take dives into the 30s and even 20s performance wise. I would restart the game around this point and load the same area with the same actors and load and it would be back around 50. The crashes are probably due to some memory leak I'd say, so maybe on console if you see this unexplainable performance dip then prepare for a crash or maybe restart the game

I’m not exaggerating when I say the crashes seem completely random and unpredictable on PS5. They’re not preceded by any frame rate dips, aren’t just during extended playing time, and don’t even seem linked to entering a new area or anything like that. Everything seems fine and normal and then just a crash to dashboard. In a typical 90-120 mins play session I’d expect one or two crashes - sometimes none, but usually there are a few.

This writing sequence part is confusing and alarming how this is not right. I'm well into act 3. Spoliers ahead.
    I'm now on a space station, and I was just told I could contact people I know again with my phone. So, I ring up Judy, everyones favorite. She gives me a narky response over the phone, as if we were lovers and she was angry with me for not calling. I'm playing male V. I know if you play female V she stays in the city and her home is yours .ect She's been sending me postcards from Seattle, well gone from the city the last few weeks!

What on earth!?

Advertisement