Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Is the game still crashing a lot on PS5 with the new patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

biggebruv wrote: »
    Is the game still crashing a lot on PS5 with the new patch?

Yes I got a crash today after a short time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Well. I'm finished up. Overall, what have I to say? It was nice, different than many games. This will be the last big budget title I will play and I'm glad I was there ready with a nice fat graphics card.

Wonder what the future is now? What do yous think should be ''in the cards'' for this?

The game itself, I'd like to see them give gangs another pass graphics wise. They are interesting. The Valentinos are mad and that muscle gang, brilliant. Love it.

Multiplayer they could do something really strange and big. I think the latest Doom was the first recently to intergrate single player and mulitiplayer. They nearly have to do that to stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Someone had there ps5 shut down after a crash scary stuff gonna hold off til these "major" patches are released

DeadWeight wrote: »
    Someone had there ps5 shut down after a crash scary stuff gonna hold off til these "major" patches are released

Is that true thou I’d imagine a patch that bad would never make it past cert

We know people are also getting hyperbole about this game now aswell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is the corrupt game save issue on all platforms or just last gen consoles? Just wondering if PC or Stadia are affected.

Just briefly going back to this, it actually seemingly affects all platforms. FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, the game is a shìtshow but I find it very hard to believe that it is breaking Playstations.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I love Blindboy's live songs he makes up on the go while playing games and Cyberpunk is ripe for it. Gas out when people's faces start disappearing.

https://twitter.com/Rubberbandits/status/1340277707163234305?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

J. Marston wrote: »
    Any unrealistic expectations customers had was fuelled entirely by their marketing team promising everything under the sun.

So they were realistic expectations in reality for customers? People have to take PR and marketing at face value and believe its correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Have to say I'm a bit reluctant to install this patch because the game is running like a dream for me. I know people aren't lying about the bugs and crashes because there is youtube footage of it but I haven't had any problems. It's literally the graphics/being unable to see what's going on in places.

Have I finished the prologue? I haven't seen the title cards yet. I've met Johnny Silverhand and I am getting a bunch of side quests and I'm loving it. The heist mission was great - the tension, the climax, the way the game slowed down for you to really get familiar with all the mechanics, the guns you picked up if you messed up stealth like I did etc. Just really good pacing. I have to say though that I really, really, really hate that in the heist mission two characters
    I liked died. T Bug's death was predictable but to me it feels like they offed Jackie just to make space for Johnny to be your new bro and I'm not sure why we couldn't have both...
    I'm the same way, I know it's a sh1tshow but I'm playing it on a 4 year old gaming laptop and it's fine, I've seen a couple of corpses sink into the ground and thats about it, it's like reading about a different game every day.

I said it was boring but tbh I'm looking forward to firing it back up every evening, its a perfectly fine action RPG just so shallow, its disappointing in the same way Deus Ex Human Revolution was, perfectly fine just completely flat leaving you a bit sad about what might have been. The story is good enough to keep me going for now anyway. I miss the richness of RDR2s world though. Cyberpunk just has none of the attention to detail.

It really is laughable how they made it sound like it was 3 games in one Corpo/Nomad/Street Punk, they're literally irrelevant 5 minute openers before it dumps you into the exact same game as everyone else, wtf was the point in that? That was a bigger scam than anything No Man's Sky pulled. I was honestly shocked at the brass neck on CDPR when you appeared in the same car with Jackie about to go into the Scav apartment after the Corpo intro the exact same as the Nomad one and I assume the streetpunk choice. I'd say that would be a scandal on its own after all the hype if the game had released in a working state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I love Blindboy's live songs he makes up on the go while playing games and Cyberpunk is ripe for it. Gas out when people's faces start disappearing.

https://twitter.com/Rubberbandits/status/1340277707163234305?s=19

"Did ya like my glitchy cock?!"

Thargor wrote: »
    It really is laughable how they made it sound like it was 3 games in one Corpo/Nomad/Street Punk, they're literally irrelevant 5 minute openers before it dumps you into the exact same game as everyone else, wtf was the point in that?

I've heard this a lot. However, it was never put forward as you say. We were shown in videos the start of the game, your charater, Dex and Bug whatnot, and that was allways put forward as the de-facto start of the game. People started talking about those roles too much, they are only left overs from the pen and paper version of this, to help give people their 'manner'. The developers just ran with that.

klose wrote: »
    So they were realistic expectations in reality for customers? People have to take PR and marketing at face value and believe its correct.

<Insert principal skinner meme>

"No, it's the children who are at fault"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Poking that bear might not be the best idea...

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1340319052913401856

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think everyone knew avengers would be fairly crap anyway.
    There's no getting away from that Cyberpunk is a huge huge letdown game wise and even worse they completely screwed over the xbox /ps4 owners.
    We need to stop accepting this being normal practise and instead should be heavily cracked down upon that its not acceptable to launch a game with this many issues regardless of your plans for a day 1 patch.
    It runs grand on my series x but man the game is boring as hell so far. Its really not drawing me in and since I can't return it I'll just park it for a few months until they improve it.
    Back to DayZ and Fifa.

also they hid the base console versions from reviewers/customers didn't let reviewers use there own footage and they 100% knew full well if that footage got out alot of preorders would have been cancelled they are one of the scumiest company's around after what I've seen from this whole release

they used the miraculous day1 patch excuse to cover up any leaked footage or suspicions BS

yeah that avengers game is trash aswell but they had a beta people knew what they where signing up for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Smiles35 wrote: »
    I've heard this a lot. However, it was never put forward as you say. We were shown in videos the start of the game, your charater, Dex and Bug whatnot, and that was allways put forward as the de-facto start of the game. People started talking about those roles too much, they are only left overs from the pen and paper version of this, to help give people their 'manner'. The developers just ran with that.

They devoted almost a whole episode of their preview show to lifepaths and their importance on the narrative so the expectation definitely wasn't players faults.

As well as all the serious issues with the game and its launch I thought this one was pretty funny: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kfwtag/man_this_is_some_next_level_product_quality/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Smiles35 wrote: »
    I've heard this a lot. However, it was never put forward as you say.
    Errrr... no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

The more I play the better this game gets.

It's not without its flaws but the pros far outweigh the cons in my eyes. The narrative argument for Corpo nomad etc. I view it as a make your own story book. you can only go here if on that given path.

It changes the narrative and how you get to the end (which may be the same for all of them) the inital path decides how you end up there and from someone who chose Corpo I've had plenty of chances to throw in a Corpo narrative choice which seems to alter the conversations which in a rpg is all that's asked of it really.

I'm loving it and it's a shame some people aren't.

Love the little ireland cameo on the news broadcast too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm very torn on it at the moment. But its very early in the game. The UI and on screen info is the games biggest crimes at the moment, the game is just visually a mess and in combat seqments while it's clear what info they are trying to tell you it is a bit of a sensory overload, this coupled with what I'm going to generously call a cramped level design leads to a lot of the games more appealing alternatives being lost as you are pushed through the moments. But like I said early days, perhaps once the game lets go of the chain a bit I'll genuinely have the space to make my own approaches to combat.

Bugs even on pc are apparent. My car broke very early on when I summoned it I was greeted by an upside down car on fire being dropped at my feet. Had to go on foot for some distance to stop it doing that.

But my honest to god biggest pet peeve with the game is the sheer lack of space to goddamn park most of the time. There's no room to pull over when checking out a side mission or a vendor so I come back with my sushi and noodles to find I've caused a traffic jam. Makes me feel like I'm roleplaying the biggest c*nt in the city.

• Advertisement

Was it just delayed so the new consoles were out? Like so at least it ran pretty ok on some consoles.

That's sounds solid enough. They got crypic with those yellow letters towards the end.

The cop cars are allright to drive. I'm going to grab them for the last few side quests I do. It look's so good at night that the theme tune from Law and Order is nearly on repeat in my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Davy05

[Love the little ireland cameo on the news broadcast too[/quote]

Sounds cool, can you explain the Ireland cameo in spoiler tags even?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've played enough at this stage to say that stealth and hacking basically aren't viable strategies. It is quicker, easier and less frustrating to simply go all guns a blazin' (and katanas - the swords are overpowered to the point of being broken). The hacking options are at best a supporting tool - but there's no room for emergent or surprising consequences from using them. if you've used a daemon once you've seen all it has to offer. There was one encounter yesterday where I saw a character standing in front of a furnace. There was an option to overload it - thought that'd be an immediate wipe out. But no, it lightly singed him and he was back in his idle state almost immediately.

The stealth is severely limited and one-note, and the game spaces are not interesting enough to take advantage of it (in stark contrast to something like Hitman, Dishonored or Deus Ex). The combat is pretty frustrating on its own terms, but frankly it's the least tedious way to get through some of the bigger encounters so kinda wins by default.

The loot system is a cluster**** of head-scratching proportions. There's little joy in finding a new good weapon because the game throws so much crap at you. Crafting is a mess, the buying / selling economy is a mess, and the menus are beyond a mess. The skill trees (so many of the bloody things) are joyless to work through - the rare useful skills are sandwiched between a dozen small, incremental and often borderline useless buffs.

Why do I even persist with the game? Well I think I like the interactions with the characters enough that those occasional high points are just about enough of a driver to push me through the sea of crap that exists in between. The game is at its best when it embraces its inner visual novel over its open world / RPG / emergent sim elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

The hacking stuff to me feels less like some clever Deus Ex style strategy-ing and more like some VATS version of spell casting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

The NYT don’t paint a very flattering picture of behind the scenes at CDPR: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/style/cyberpunk-2077-video-game-disaster.html?referringSource=articleShare

I planned to wait until the new year to buy this and for some reason I still am! Going by that article and what people have been saying here it really does seem like an absolute mess which is pretty unforgivable considering how long the game’s been in development.
    I can’t understand why anyone is willing to defend CDPR over this either; bugs in games are expected but not to this extent. It’s good to see they’re been taken to task for this on the whole though as the apparent state of the game is simply unacceptable and whataboutisms, as usual, won’t solve anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Someone on Reddit went through the videos and posted all the changes and things they said would be in the game

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kfsd7v/every_cutchangelie_from_the_promotinal_videos_i/

Advertisement