Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

joe123 wrote: »
    Been avoiding this thread in fear of spoilers but have to ask has anyone experienced a bug with the gig/regina jones missions?

Every call I get from her is like a mission behind. Example I will complete mission B and then she rings about mission A which I've already completed.

I've also completed a cyberphysco mission for her and im.unable to close it.

Anyone know of a fix or am I stuck??

Don't recall having any issues with her missions. There was one where I had to kill the cyber psycho and then search the area for a shard and check out something on a computer in the area before I could complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Don't recall having any issues with her missions. There was one where I had to kill the cyber psycho and then search the area for a shard and check out something on a computer in the area before I could complete it.

Very annoying. Whatever has happened its a mission behind on every call. Google of the issue is throwing up some reports.

Is there anywhere we can submit these as bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'm 70 hours in with 90% 40% 40%
    the funniest bug I've had was where I crashed my bike and was thrown so high that I went off the map
    the most annoying bug was the family related quest with the cop wouldn't advance the BD so failed it
    I am level 41 with Gorilla arms and have pumped a good few perks into brawler but still can't beat the 4th fight to advance to the final fight

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Skerries wrote: »
    I'm 70 hours in with 90% 40% 40%
    the funniest bug I've had was where I crashed my bike and was thrown so high that I went off the map
    the most annoying bug was the family related quest with the cop wouldn't advance the BD so failed it
    I am level 41 with Gorilla arms and have pumped a good few perks into brawler but still can't beat the 4th fight to advance to the final fight

Who is 4th for you?

Army lad was bugged for me, he would hit me once and win.Took me a few goes to beat him and was quite costly at 12k a pop (wanted the sniper rifle and it turned out to be crapper than the Overwatch one Panam gives you)

Less said about the last fight the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was on board with all the Keanu Reeves talk and then flicking around the channels and see Point Break is on tonight, awesome movie great chase scene, then I remembered he was in Bram Stoker's Dracula, then I remembered Speed. I was bewildered and frightened, in a vulnerable place and then I remembered he's Neo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

joe123 wrote: »
    Been avoiding this thread in fear of spoilers but have to ask has anyone experienced a bug with the gig/regina jones missions?

Every call I get from her is like a mission behind. Example I will complete mission B and then she rings about mission A which I've already completed.

I've also completed a cyberphysco mission for her and im.unable to close it.

Anyone know of a fix or am I stuck??

Make sure you text her or the job won't close off

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Who is 4th for you?

Army lad was bugged for me, he would hit me once and win.Took me a few goes to beat him and was quite costly at 12k a pop (wanted the sniper rifle and it turned out to be crapper than the Overwatch one Panam gives you)

Less said about the last fight the better.

the female animal in the ring
    I beat
    ozob
    but that was was a fluke as I was able to wail on him in the same position

I have done all the side missions and have only the buying cars missions and the ncpd missions which are just procedurally generated anyway so heading to endgame

Playing on PS5
    Absolutely great gaming experience
    Took a while for me to “get into it” but now I’m blown away
    I think the visuals and gameplay are great
    9/10 as it does crash a lot but still, wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Playing on PS5

PS5 here

I think the deeper you get into it the more intrusive the bugs get I started off relatively bug free and not crashing much but now in the middle of act 2 its bugs galore and constant crashing 3 in one hour last night RIDICULOUS one main story mission was completely ruined because all the guards were ignoring me like I was still in stealth mode even though I'm shooting up the place its getting super annoying because I'm so invested in the story and world now that its harder to forgive them. I feel like I have to take a break from fighting with the game to run ok for a lengthy play session LOL it is an absolutely unacceptable way to release a mainstream AAA title and I'm glad PSN removed it

Shame because it is a truly fantastic game underneath it all

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Playing on PS5

I have found it very engrossing, and while what doesn't quite work, is a bit annoying at times, it's more than made up for by what does work. I'm delightfully surprised at how well it runs on an xbox one X. The moanerati had me believing it would barely run, and it's been far from it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

Playing it on Stadia at the minute through the PC. PC would only be able to run it on low at 1080P at 30 fps. Wanted to try Stadia as well as be getting a new PC in March.

Have to say I'm pretty impressed at around 15 hours into it. Pity it has its glitches but overall one of the best games I've played. The side missions are great.

Stadia does a decent job running it at 4k. Impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Pcgamer wrote: »
    PC would only be able to run it on low at 1080P at 30 fps.
    720p for me but for the same reasons I've started trying it out on Geforce Now, nvidia's stadia.
    Pcgamer wrote: »
    Have to say I'm pretty impressed at around 15 hours into it. Pity it has its glitches but overall one of the best games I've played. The side missions are great.
    I was expecting a lot less but it's actually fun and beautiful looking. Can definitely see where the NPC AI needs work. To be honest I think the biggest let down is the level of jank in the melee. Unarmed/blocking etc just looks and feels so much worse than games like Dying Light. Doubt it'll ever get fixed but I'm sticking with my unarmed build.

Took me a while to figure out 'blunt weapons' = your fists apparently :pac: Also disappointed no kicks, dropkicks, tackles or grapples. Not looking for anything too advanced but Dying Light is really a good baseline.

Geforce now doesn't have 4K options and its performance is really letting me down at times. Consistently dropping below 60fps even with RT off and medium/high settings.

I really wish the stadia build would just get released on steam. That way I could play it without using proton or geforce now. Annoys me to no end that google have all these linux builds of games and only dane to share them through a stream of video. What a waste. That said I am glad I'm using geforce now instead of stadia because I can actually continue my save on my local computer when I do get a new one and modding is on the table then, too. Like yourself thinking around March but it really depends. I might make one earlier with everything but GPU and just use my current GPU. This thing is on its last legs. (8 years of use)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hey all - I got a second copy of the Official guide below for Christmas - still in shrinkwrap:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1911015796/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If anyone is close to me - I'm based in Clonee, you can have it if you can collect...

Happy New Year!

Edit - and taken...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Finished it finally now on PC. Actually one of my fav games this year. Was excellent. The bugs a bit of a let down but most of the bugs where visual so could live with them. Really enjoyed it overall though. Was surprised how much I enjoyed Keanu Reeves character and voice acting and how much of it there actually was. Was worried when I seen a big star name attached to it, that he would only speak like five lines like kiefer sutherland in the Phantom Pain. Game took me 79 hours to complete with all the side quests.

Glad to hear a lot have enjoyed it regardless. I really only played a small bit on launch but I saw 5 glaring bugs in that time.

Once I read the patch timeline I decided I'd wait for the January patch. I was able to get the initial urge to play satisfied on launch so waiting now isnt that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Thinking of picking this up. Do you think Tesco would still be selling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Thinking of picking this up. Do you think Tesco would still be selling it?

What console?

Birneybau wrote: »
    What console?

Sorry, PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sorry, PS4

Good lord you might want to watch some youtube performance videos before committing to it on a ps4!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I managed to scrap Overwatch Sniper as they dont distinguish whats Iconic and whats normal colour wise.

And now you cant get it back...

• Advertisement

Good lord you might want to watch some youtube performance videos before committing to it on a ps4!!

I saw! I got it anyway with Smyth's click and collect. Want to play the story :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I saw! I got it anyway with Smyth's click and collect. Want to play the story :)

I have a One X, which I am told has about 6 times the performance of the PS4, And think that without some patches to improve the performance efficiency, which my son tells me is woeful (hoping that means plenty of room for patching and improvement), it's unlikely to be a great experience on the Xbox One or PS4.

I plan to get a Seris X and replay it, when they become available again.

'Can it run Cyber Punk' is the new 'can it run Crysis'.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I managed to scrap Overwatch Sniper as they dont distinguish whats Iconic and whats normal colour wise.

And now you cant get it back...

Can you not craft it via a perk?

what were your weapons of choice?

I stopped using the machine guns half way through and was mainly using the electric baton with some high end hand guns and then a legendary shotgun for the end

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A few thoughts after a fair few more hours playing this:

The game livens up around ~20 hours in when you start getting the more overpowered iconic weapons. I wish they'd had more of that stuff early on. But it certainly makes encounters a bit more tolerable when you feel like you're packing serious weaponry, and some of the one-shot kill hacks add to that impression (still don't think hacking is interesting or robust enough, though). Overwatch and Divided We Stand ftw.

The cyberware is also just too expensive, and the cars even more so - I've been doing side missions and gigs and hacking terminals (god the hacking mini-game is awful), and the game just doesn't hand you enough money to properly engage with these things. I'm sure there are ways to play smarter and exploit various systems, but in the general flow it's scabby with the ol' Eurodollars.

As strong as some of the characters and performances are (Panam and the like), the writing isn't as sharp in general as Witcher 3. It also suffers from some pretty lackluster mission design - they managed to make a worse racing quest than The Witcher 3, which is an achievement. But the best of the scripted stuff is still what livens up otherwise fairly bland open world guff.

The absolute worst part of the game? The micromanagement. So much micromanagement. Layers upon layers of irritating menus, and things like the crafting system feel like afterthoughts at best. It has that familiar sense of throwing so much loot at you - much of it intended merely to be immediately junked - that even getting one of those good weapons has less of a kick because of the sheer volume of junk the game throws at you.

The livelier, more overpowered combat has certainly somewhat improved my impressions of the game, but it's still a 5 or 6/10 at best (not allowing for bugs or performance issues - the crashes on PS5 knock it down at least another point). Such a shame, as have definitely seen more hints of the game this could've been with more focus on its strengths and far, far less focus on the open world. It's a jack of all trades, and master of little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

The game livens up around ~20 hours in when you start getting the more overpowered iconic weapons. I wish they'd had more of that stuff early on. But it certainly makes encounters a bit more tolerable when you feel like you're packing serious weaponry, and some of the one-shot kill hacks add to that impression (still don't think hacking is interesting or robust enough, though). Overwatch and Divided We Stand ftw.

The cyberware is also just too expensive, and the cars even more so - I've been doing side missions and gigs and hacking terminals (god the hacking mini-game is awful), and the game just doesn't hand you enough money to properly engage with these things. I'm sure there are ways to play smarter and exploit various systems, but in the general flow it's scabby with the ol' Eurodollars.

As strong as some of the characters and performances are (Panam and the like), the writing isn't as sharp in general as Witcher 3. It also suffers from some pretty lackluster mission design - they managed to make a worse racing quest than The Witcher 3, which is an achievement. But the best of the scripted stuff is still what livens up otherwise fairly bland open world guff.

The absolute worst part of the game? The micromanagement. So much micromanagement. Layers upon layers of irritating menus, and things like the crafting system feel like afterthoughts at best. It has that familiar sense of throwing so much loot at you - much of it intended merely to be immediately junked - that even getting one of those good weapons has less of a kick because of the sheer volume of junk the game throws at you.

The livelier, more overpowered combat has certainly somewhat improved my impressions of the game, but it's still a 5 or 6/10 at best (not allowing for bugs or performance issues - the crashes on PS5 knock it down at least another point). Such a shame, as have definitely seen more hints of the game this could've been with more focus on its strengths and far, far less focus on the open world. It's a jack of all trades, and master of little.

Aside from the obvious disappointing views aired to date, my unopened copy of CP had an element of hopeful (and possibly naive) optimism when the PS5 patch eventually lands.

But judging by your comments I feel bug fixing and some optimisation will not critically alter some core fundamental game mechanics they will not change and reduce a potentially incredible game to just another mediocre middle of the road affair.

Gutted....

You should actually stop playing video games as they dont meet your artisitic levels and are at heart just video games, something you cant seem to wrap your head around.

Its just a game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You should actually stop playing video games as they dont meet your artisitic levels and are at heart just video games, something you cant seem to wrap your head around.

Its just a game.

I'm grand thanks, will continue playing games as I thoroughly enjoy them. This one's just not a particularly good game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

After playing for 60 hours I've just realised that the final mission has bugged on me.

At one point, somewhere around the 25 hour mark I walked up to a hotel door as part of the mission and was told there was a point of not return. I left it elevator appeared that it was the last mission.
    I had LOADS of quests to do and so many involving the main characters. The layout of the missions in the mission list is just odd. You've got collect-athon/race missions next to missions involving Rogue (all sidequests).

So now that I've gone through almost all the side missions I've returned to the hotel elevator. The normal bug appears to be that the guard doesn;t move from the front of the door and you cannot enter. My bug is that when I'm in the elevator, the button to select the floor doesn't change from 'OFF'.
    Nothing I do seems to activate it.

The pop in is really odd in the game too. Crowds just randomly spawn in front of you but when you exit a building, cars can go flying across the sky, four roads in the distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

So now that I've gone through almost all the side missions I've returned to the hotel elevator. The normal bug appears to be that the guard doesn;t move from the front of the door and you cannot enter. My bug is that when I'm in the elevator, the button to select the floor doesn't change from 'OFF'.
    Nothing I do seems to activate it.

Try verify game files to see if that helps

Advertisement