Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Loads up FIFA. EA Sports:
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    You should actually stop playing video games as they dont meet your artisitic levels and are at heart just video games, something you cant seem to wrap your head around.

Its just a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

I had Cyberpunk gifted to me from family members and while I had no desire of buying or playing this game , I was hoping this game would fill in the space of having another Deus Ex type experience since Square Enix abandoned that franchise after two steller games Eidos Montreal made with Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided but sadly it didnt.

I do love the games world setting and the combat is incredibly fun with a wide range of weapons you can customize and use for different playstyles but getting to those points in the game is almost a chore as the game has terrible pacing issues thats almost putting me to sleep.

Such a shame but I am in no rush to run to CEX to sell this game cause I am hoping at least the Multiplayer when it does comes out will be a great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I had Cyberpunk gifted to me from family members and while I had no desire of buying or playing this game , I was hoping this game would fill in the space of having another Deus Ex type experience since Square Enix abandoned that franchise after two steller games Eidos Montreal made with Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided but sadly it didnt.

I do love the games world setting and the combat is incredibly fun with a wide range of weapons you can customize and use for different playstyles but getting to those points in the game is almost a chore as the game has terrible pacing issues thats almost putting me to sleep.

Such a shame but I am in no rush to run to CEX to sell this game cause I am hoping at least the Multiplayer when it does comes out will be a great experience.

I'd trade it for the cash while you can get more IMO
    The multiplayer is probably a long way away if I was to guess I mean the main single player portion of the game is buggy AF id dread to think of how a multiplayer version of it would run it would be a nightmare LOL
    trade it and get it cheaper if that multiplayer even does happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

KilOit wrote: »
    Try verify game files to see if that helps

Nope. Downloaded 29MB file and didn't solve it. :(
    Just wait it out for a patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Played till the end of the prologue, really enjoying it (PS5). Think I will wait till the next big patch before continuing, I want as smooth a ride as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

has there been many updates yet? might hop into it this week

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Have played it for about 24 hours and am really enjoying it. Which is why it is so infuriating. There are the bones of a brilliant game here but like was said, so much seems tacked on or just not finished. Still worth a play though. I'm going to continue and hope I don't hit a game ruining bug.
    I have had a few glitches not loads but crashes I say about 7 in the 24 hours but that should not be happening on a game at all and is not forgivable.

https://youtu.be/_CymqHdNYkg

This video review does a good job of showing what was promised and what has not been delivered on.

I am playing on PS5.

has there been many updates yet? might hop into it this week

On PS4/PS5 there have been two major updates since launch, with the next to come at some point this month. I have played the latest version for about 12 hours. I have had no bugs but 2 hard crashes. I'm really enjoying it so I am going to pause it until the next patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Finished main game yesterday and replayed the endings a bit. Some really interesting stuff in there.

Overall enjoyed the game but the experience is full of unfinished promise, taking the bugs and glitches out, the scope of this game could have been huge, but did not reach it's publishers scaling ambitions.

I think I might leave it a while and see just how much they can improve on through patches, the next gen update, DLC's and whatever content that was cut possibly making it into the game again.

Where it not for performance issues I'd probably rate it a 7/10. But there's so much more potential there. Could be a more interesting proposition in 6 months to a years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

anyone get a refund yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Haven't touched this since a week before Christmas, at this stage I think I'll just wait it out until the PS5 upgrade, or at least until they've ironed out some of the issues more. It's a pity as I was enjoying it and wasn't experiencing the extreme bugs some were, it's just the regular crashing every hour or so that was frustrating when playing, killed any momentum you'd have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

Well, I'm hooked :)
    Just made it past the prologue and interlude with a few side quests, all good on PC, no crashes no serious bugs, just a couple of small glitches like a floating can and a car not sitting on the ground as it should.
    Combat, especially shooting, is pure shoite. Bullet sponge heads ffs, I had to go wild with the katana once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

Good to hear that, I'd rather have 1 shot to kill rather than 3-4 headshots and still standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

OSI wrote: »
    The bullet sponge thing doesn't last very long, in some respects it goes too far in the opposite direction at a certain point.

Yeah if you get a hang of the crafting with a few legendary weapons they become very overpowered.

I'll definitely replay on a higher difficulty when I go back to the game after a few patches/updates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Have to say im absolutely loving it.

Just annoyed that all my Regina Jones missions have bugged (dialogue runs one mission behind) Apparently this can happen with other fixer quests too.

Im playing on the hardest difficulty and while you need to maintain cover, Im pretty much headshotting everything with a sniper rifle, so if anything its become a bit too easy.

Hoping the future DLC can add plenty as its a great world they have built. Suspect DLC will be well down the line as they work on fixing GEN4 and other bugs.

Playing on Series X but definitely seems to me people are jumping on a bit of a bandwagon slating the game. GEN4 consoles aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

60 odd hours in and 75% through the main quest and loving it.

Didn't have much bugs initially but have had a few since but nothing major bar one which occurs when I ping something that has 60 odd devices attached, it froze my game for 30-60seconds on Stadia. Pain in the whole but other than that it's been smooth sailing.

Have done some class side quests that were very unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

timeToLive wrote: »
    anyone get a refund yet?

no, no response from Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just got past The Heist mission and on the part we’re you leave your apartment after all the cut scenes and what not. I ran into some guy named Wilson who told me he needed some money and asked did I want to buy some guns, so I bought a pistol that was a bit better than what I had and it cost me 30,000? Surely this is a glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Just finished it on ps5 after 31 hours . Absolutely loved the story . Side stuff with Johnny silver hands cool as ****. Having to deal with near constant bugs wasn't easy though . Dead enemies still talking , companions talking that not in area only tip of iceberg

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Just got past The Heist mission and on the part we’re you leave your apartment after all the cut scenes and what not. I ran into some guy named Wilson who told me he needed some money and asked did I want to buy some guns, so I bought a pistol that was a bit better than what I had and it cost me 30,000? Surely this is a glitch.

Some legendary weapons cost over 100k !
    And they aren't very good to be honest.
    There is also quest to return Skippy to original owner !

• Advertisement

Some legendary weapons cost over 100k !
    And they aren't very good to be honest.
    There is also quest to return Skippy to original owner !

Yeah, reloaded a save and saw it was a legendary weapon. Decided against buying it, spent the money on a new car which turned out to be a piece of **** :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Yeah, reloaded a save and saw it was a legendary weapon. Decided against buying it, spent the money on a new car which turned out to be a piece of **** :pac:

yeah I can't find any reason to spend money on cars there.

weapon is hit and miss imho.

Now I can craft legendary weapons so can check them out.

Crafter sniper smart weapon - worst weapon I got ever.
    Single shot and being smart bullet it goes f.. know where.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That gun guy is a quest and has a free gun to collect completing the quest. I saw the quest marker but didn't know why, took me a few minutes to actually see the free gun.

Then mama wells calls and days talk to you later. If you call her back, you can start a brilliant side mission and get a free bike out of it.

Played up to the end of the prologue (PS5), enjoying it so much that I have decided to wait for the full PS5 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Markitron wrote: »
    Played up to the end of the prologue (PS5), enjoying it so much that I have decided to wait for the full PS5 version.

I haven't gone back to it in a couple of weeks and I was semi enjoying it. I have about 6 games now I want to play and was gonna go back to Cyberpunk next but think I'll play Miles Morales, then Ghost of Tsushima which will take some time I imagine. I'll see what the January patch brings but I imagine that's mostly to fix last gen console issues. Not saying I'm gonna wait for the PS5 version but I'm happy waiting for the time being.

I always said no way am I waiting but this game deserves the extra polish it needs, there's a diamond in there somewhere.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I always said no way am I waiting but this game deserves the extra polish it needs, there's a diamond in there somewhere.

I have been lucky in that I have had no bugs and a constant 60 fps for all the time I played so I really only seen all the positives of the game. The image is just too soft though and the city looks a bit barren, that's not how I want to experience a game I know I am going to really like. I'm gonna wait to play in the best possible quality.

GoT is ****ing awesome btw, I'm jealous of those that get to play it 1st time on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Im nearly done, but the bugs and crashes near end game is shocking. Crashing on the PS5 gets more and more frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

That gun guy is a quest and has a free gun to collect completing the quest. I saw the quest marker but didn't know why, took me a few minutes to actually see the free gun.

Then mama wells calls and days talk to you later. If you call her back, you can start a brilliant side mission and get a free bike out of it.

And two free iconic weapons.

I got that side mission just as soon as I left the apartment. It was a great mission tbf, but emotional though :( :pac: the bike controls in this game aren’t the best so I’ll stick to the cars :pac:

Really starting to enjoy this now since I’ve completed the introduction, feel like the world is starting to open up to me. But, still in 2 minds about playing it away or leave it off and wait on a patch. Had 2 hard crashes so far and a few minor glitches here and there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Vicxas wrote: »
    Im nearly done, but the bugs and crashes near end game is shocking. Crashing on the PS5 gets more and more frequent.

I know it's probably illogical but I just wouldn't want to put my PS5 through that :pac:

Advertisement