Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

18 hours in, no crash so far, fingers crossed :)
    Plenty of glitches tough. Are the glitchy street display screens glitchy by design? I can't tell anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

Refund from Sony came through today for my digital copy of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

klose wrote: »
    Refund from Sony came through today for my digital copy of the game

So does your digital copy have a lock on it now or what happens if you try to run it? Sony usually only give refunds before you even download the game so interested to see what they are doing in these cases.

I said I'd give up on this a few weeks ago but I stuck with it. Not too many bugs, but the crashes are too much. I got as far as act three and it crashed every time I attempted one of the side quests. I'm done with it for now, going to finish ghost of tsushima, and a few other games before digging cyberpunk out again. It's annoying as there is a great game in there despite its flaws. I hope they can sort it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The next-gen version will just pull it closer to the PC version. Some kind of ray-tracing, crowd density improvements, more detailed assets etc (the blurry, blocky posters are the biggest giveaway on the PS5 that you’re playing a PS4 game).

I doubt there’ll be much extra content outside the mini free DLC packs that’ll be released (a few extra quests, items etc). I think any major overhaul or expansion will come in the paid DLC, but there’ll probably be tweaks to the AI, UI etc in the meantime. Could be wrong, but there’s not really the space in a heavily authored single player campaign for a sort of No Man’s Sky reinvention with patches. I’m welcome to being pleasantly surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So I got kicked to the main screen and its now telling me i need to purchase it.

Im guessing ny refund has been accepted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yup, got my refund today too on the psn store. It's locked on my Playstation now so need to repurchase if I had any interest in playing it

Did you guys get an email or anything? I've had no confirmation of it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Vicxas wrote: »
    Did you guys get an email or anything? I've had no confirmation of it

I didn't, I got a notification on the notification tab on the playstation menu

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah got a notification of a refund, they say they pay back to the original source or if that's not available put it in your ps wallet

• Advertisement

The next-gen version will just pull it closer to the PC version. Some kind of ray-tracing, crowd density improvements, more detailed assets etc (the blurry, blocky posters are the biggest giveaway on the PS5 that you’re playing a PS4 game).

Well, that's the problem, this is a next gen game released in a cross gen timeframe. 100% management and producers team fkup. It will never be good on PS4/XBO unless they rework it as a port to reduce the world detail, because tweaking the settings is not enough - it will only work for the PS5/XBSX version.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

So around 54 hours in and I am at the
    Point of no return

Have to say this is not a patch on the Witcher 3 in terms of sidequests and writing.

Saying that when its good its good, some of the sidequests are highly enjoyable and parts of the main mission are great.

The gigs for me are just fluff and I remember seeing something on twitter about how no enemy types force you to change tactics a la witcher by having to use bombs or oils etc.

I do feel a 7/10 was right on the money , but I also feel I was a victim of the hype where as if I was to go in blind I would have enjoyed it more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

“Our testing did not show up many of the issues”.

Jog on, mate.

Jog on, mate.

They really should have owned up to that one and admitted it but I'm guessing it would open them up to even more lawsuits. Hard to take them serious though through when they say they didn't see many issues.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    They really should have owned up to that one and admitted it but I'm guessing it would open them up to even more lawsuits. Hard to take them serious though through when they say they didn't see many issues.

“We want to be open and honest with gamers”
    *one minute later*
    “We somehow didn’t notice the game was barely playable on several consoles we released it on”

He’s absolutely right we shouldn’t blame the team, whom I’m sure have had a miserable few months. We should blame management, because they’ve completely torched their reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,693 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jog on, mate.

Unless their testing only consisted of looking at the back of the disk for scratches, that's just a f*cking lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Penn wrote: »
    Unless their testing only consisted of looking at the back of the disk for scratches, that's just a f*cking lie.

Wipes disc with shirt

It's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

If they had managed to find a way to delay it till next gen when PS5 and Xbox X were getting fairly well entrenched it could have been such a different story.

Games like CP2077 show why you can't just magically get good performance by turning a 4k game into 1080p or whatever, there's so many different bottlenecks that can occur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Jesus, that's bad. I mean I am enjoying it on pc and made a good faith day 1 purchase which I basically never do, and with cdpr never will again. Also will not prioritise buying on gog either if I can find their games cheaper elsewhere.

I mean there's being economical with the truth, and there's just flat-out lying.

If they had managed to find a way to delay it till next gen when PS5 and Xbox X were getting fairly well entrenched it could have been such a different story.

Games like CP2077 show why you can't just magically get good performance by turning a 4k game into 1080p or whatever, there's so many different bottlenecks that can occur

The worst fps dips I'm seeing on my system are CPU bound, and while mine is not top end anymore (i7 7700) it's still miles ahead of those in the base consoles.
    And I'm sure they seen it during development, well before the launch. They knew that they aren't going to release a playable game on the last gen consoles yet they still went ahead.

The experience on PC is good but riddled with glitches. No showstopper so far for me, but plenty of immersion breaking bugs. The game looks well when it doesn't glitch but there are too many shortcomings. The crowd feels shallow and artificial, it was way better on Watch Dogs Legion. The story is good and some of the side missions are good too but it just does not feel like the solid game we were expecting.
    When, or if, all bugs are fixed it's a 8/10 game. As it is, it's a 7. At most, a decent game. Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Big thing for me is that from what I've seen - bugs aside - this just doesn't look that great of a game, in any aspect (role playing/ shooting/ open world etc.). The world just doesn't appear to be living/ breathing and there's not much to do/ interact with/ experience? The AI just looks completely shıt in so many ways.

The shooting aspect just looks a bit annoying too. Guys just stand there for you to blast away, but they are 'bullet sponges'? Multiple headshots to take regular guys down? Ugh

The world is to be looked at, but not to be interacted with :) But not look too much either, or else you will notice that there's only a few models and animations. That chunky guy, he's everywhere :)

So patch one is the next 10 days but he says a more significant one after that.

So that's the Feb patch.

Now the conundrum is do I wait further and go to February.

The information today give the impression they won't be equal patches which is what I was hoping as I waited for the January patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Big thing for me is that from what I've seen - bugs aside - this just doesn't look that great of a game, in any aspect (role playing/ shooting/ open world etc.). The world just doesn't appear to be living/ breathing and there's not much to do/ interact with/ experience? The AI just looks completely shıt in so many ways.

The shooting aspect just looks a bit annoying too. Guys just stand there for you to blast away, but they are 'bullet sponges'? Multiple headshots to take regular guys down? Ugh

Yeah even on PC it's not like it transforms the game design or anything.

I've said before that it feels like an extremely technically impressive PS2 GTA clone, like Driver 3 or something. It's a weird combination of next gen but also feeling very dated

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"And since the city is so packed and the disc bandwidth of the old-gen is....what it is."

I like how they blame the hardware while at the same time going absolutely mental by hyping everything for years on said hardware.

Cowboys, Ted. They're a bunch of cowboys.

I wonder had they notions in terms of the higher ups/ investors that this would hoover up money on the multiplayer side and be the next GTA 5??? Seems like even those guys were sold a lemon.

They haven't a hope of matching what GTA 5 has been doing successfully now for 8 years let alone coming close and I would actually laugh in their faces if they CDPR even thought that for a second knowing what they had to put out there to compete with it.

Advertisement