Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can you tell a good pint from a bad one?

• 30-05-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

I'm sitting here having a bottle ( not a pint :P ) of coors light. I have this feeling from the first sip that it don't taste like the other one I've had. Is it a bad bottle? How would I know?

Someone once told me that a bad pint is usually the first one from the top of the keg and the last one from the bottom of the keg. But how to tell you have been served ( or opened ) a bad one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

if it takes **** then its a bad pint?
    seems simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Colour, smell, taste and level of carbonation usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

a bad pint will give ya an awful dose of the trots

Random wrote: »
    if it takes **** then its a bad pint?
    seems simple.

If your pint takes **** then yeh, I'd say that's a bit of a give away :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If it tastes bad, then its bad, if it tastes good, then its not Coors Light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'm sitting here having a bottle ( not a pint :P ) of coors light. I have this feeling from the first sip that it don't taste like the other one I've had. Is it a bad bottle? How would I know?

Someone once told me that a bad pint is usually the first one from the top of the keg and the last one from the bottom of the keg. But how to tell you have been served ( or opened ) a bad one?

If the beer's piss anyway it's kinda hard to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

if its larger and its cloudy, steer clear unless you had already planned on sitting on the s8itter all night

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You'll always notice it in Guinness, certain bars are known for having sh1te pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

you get the leprechaun on your shoulder to run down your arm and taste it first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

If you have to ask, it's a bad pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

You'll always notice it in Guinness, certain bars are known for having sh1te pints.

Nothing worse than a bad Guinness, it's pure pain to drink and upsets your stomach as you know it's just sitting inside you causing havoc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Coors?! bwahaha :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

You can just tell by the taste. Its really hit and miss. Some people say that the small countryside pubs pints taste like dirt because they havent been pouring many pints and its been sitting in the pipes for ages, but Ive had some of the best pints in countryside pubs, and some of the worst in city pubs.

But over all, it really is hit and miss. Bad pint usually has this dirty stale/damp taste off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Drink more OP they tend to get better as the night goes on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

what kinda mincer drinks coors light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

HazDanz wrote: »

cowboys ted, fecking cowboys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Once a person knows a drink they can tell if they get a bad one. It only takes a bit of cop on to notice. Guinness is the main culprit. A bad pint is foul. I only order it in certain places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If you're served a Coors Lite it's a bad one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

anhedonia wrote: »
    what kinda mincer drinks coors light?

Me! :)

Well. I'm probably being paranoid. I decided to use a local guinea pig and gave them to sip and said it was fine. I held the bottle up to the light and it's not cloudy. Drank it and it's got plenty of carbnation in it. I just feel it smells a little different from the other one I've had.

Ah well, I'll be back later I guess lookin for cures for diarrhoea :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

not to offend anyone what they drink put $hite like bud,heineken,carlsberg not to mention cheaper beers are utter piss,try some proper european beers that cost half of that crap in pubs and after few week compare,what shtie you were drowning yourself in :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

scamalert wrote: »
    not to offend anyone what they drink put $hite like bud,heineken,carlsberg not to mention cheaper beers are utter piss,try some proper european beers that cost half of that crap in pubs and after few week compare,what shtie you were drowning yourself in :cool:

I had Budvar once ( European beer ) and I nearly died after it. It really was that bad of a beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

By how difficult your **** is the next morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

I had Budvar once ( European beer ) and I nearly died after it. It really was that bad of a beer.
    He said "proper european beers"

Advertisement