Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chuck Wagon

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

In case anyone else wants to follow suit , I have emailed all Swords councillors and added Richard Bruton minister for trade and enterprise to get their views on trying to put a thriving small business out of operation .

gerry.mcguire@fingalcoco.ie,
    tom.kelleher@fingalcoco.ie,
    darragh.butler@fingalcoco.ie,
    anne.devitt@fingalcoco.ie,
    eugene.coppinger@fingalcoco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thinking about this after I read it, Im surprised fingal haven't done this earlier due to the location of the chuck wagon. Im sure a reply from them will give the reason of 'safety grounds'.

If a customer of the chuck wagon was hit or died because of the location, would we be saying it should have been moved a long time ago?

If they had made a space during the road works/petrol station none of this would be an issue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Davy wrote: »
    Thinking about this after I read it, Im surprised fingal haven't done this earlier due to the location of the chuck wagon. Im sure a reply from them will give the reason of 'safety grounds'.

If a customer of the chuck wagon was hit or died because of the location, would we be saying it should have been moved a long time ago?

If they had made a space during the road works/petrol station none of this would be an issue.

That's the point I made , would the funds used for the vast amount of concrete bollards used not have been better employed providing a safe area to stop. Fingal CoCo did after all give them a casual trading licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

sharkman wrote: »
    would the funds used for the vast amount of concrete bollards used not have been better employed providing a safe area to stop. Fingal CoCo did after all give them a casual trading licence.

Bingo. Two jobs at least. Trade. Sure it's practically a national treasure. :) (OK, so it's not a national treasure, but it is very well recognised as a source of really good food and there are jobs on the line).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

sharkman wrote: »
    In case anyone else wants to follow suit , I have emailed all Swords councillors and added Richard Bruton minister for trade and enterprise to get their views on trying to put a thriving small business out of operation .

gerry.mcguire@fingalcoco.ie,
    tom.kelleher@fingalcoco.ie,
    darragh.butler@fingalcoco.ie,
    anne.devitt@fingalcoco.ie,
    eugene.coppinger@fingalcoco.ie

Is it in the Swords Ward? I would have thought Anne Devitt could have secured them a good site if it was.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Why don't you just ring the councilors? they have to supply a number

Khannie wrote: »
    Pity it's past blakes cross. They'll miss out on the passing business that turns off there. Appears to be a very bad show from fingal county council tbh trying to stop a long running business like that. Would love to hear their side of the story.

Must say I do love treating myself to the occasional chuck wagon. Nom nom nom.

I think we have, Shay Vader seems to be very knowledgeable in his posts plus if you look at his profile his real surname matches that of the owner of The Chuck Wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cloghran

They have moved further north along the same road past Blakes Cross. They are near a school in a vacant lot on the left hand side. Up until recently this site was used to store skips.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cloghran wrote: »
    They are near a school
    Corduff National School. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Reckon they'll be there tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Hey guys/gals,maybe we could have a DCN, BBQ, few beers, at the new site of the Chuck Wagon.

Anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I wouldn't be able to join myself, but anything that promotes the forum & also supports local businesses - I'm happy with that. :)

The Chuck Wagon owners may not fancy beer-swilling bods turning up, but I'm sure a boards meet for grub would be appreciated.

Edit: I'm assuming that you're thinking of them doing the food...?

martinn123 wrote: »
    Hey guys/gals,maybe we could have a DCN, BBQ, few beers, at the new site of the Chuck Wagon.

Anyone???

Are you paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Are you paying?

No. but I am sure we can rely on you for the Bread, and Wine, Cardinal;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I spotted this on Skerries seatours facebook page its a photo by Ray watts :D

St Patrick's Island

562506_325040114242321_1768558274_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭eastwest

It was dangerous where it was; somebody was going to get killed if they didn't move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Never heard of the chuck wagon before, but next time I'm heading out to Lusk or Rush I must stop by. What days are the wagon there?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

face1990 wrote: »
    Never heard of the chuck wagon before, but next time I'm heading out to Lusk or Rush I must stop by. What days are the wagon there?
    Mon to Sat from 8-5 approx

Advertisement