Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Next Swansea Manager?

• 30-05-2012 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭

If Rodgers has pretty much taken over at Liverpool, where does that leave Swansea? Who's going to take over there? Will they get an experienced Prem manager like Curbishley or would they go for someone up and coming like Poyet or Karl Robinson?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I assume they will get someone in who will continue to promote the kind of football the previous 3 managers have used. Who that is I dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

The only thign that is certain is that they will employ someone who will continue their philosophy.

I don't think it'll happen but Guardiola honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Perhaps Luis Enrique would be a more realisitc option. Of managers in England, only Poyet would really fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

G.K. wrote: »
    The only thign that is certain is that they will employ someone who will continue their philosophy.

Perhaps Luis Enrique would be a more realisitc option. Of managers in England, only Poyet would really fit the bill.

I don't think so to be honest :p I couldn't see it happening but you never know! Poyet would be ideal really, as would Holloway. Would the playoff defeat be enough to tempt Holloway into a change? I think Di Canio could be a very good shout for an outside punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Thomas Tuchel of Mainz would be a great shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I hear Kenny Daglish is out of work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I think he's pretty much wrapped up to go to Roma but Zeman would be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Rog Hodgson. Plenty of experience and will need a job next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Rog Hodgson. Plenty of experience and will need a job next season.

Hes only got the biggest job in England. Calm the baps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

McLei. . . .nah, sorry, I can't even say it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

wouldnt suprise you?

I think it would shock the football world and there is more chance of paul doolin getting the job

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Roberto Martinez would be great for them if he wanted to quit Wigan. Brought them their initial success didn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Guardiola wouldn't surprise you even though it would shock the world of football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I instantly thought Gus Poyet myself. Had a little bet as well.

Personally I'd love to see Michael Laudrup back in management, he is such a smart footballing man and would be a good fit for them. Obviously never going to happen but just throwing my thoughts out there.

It wouldn't surprise me because I don't think Pep will only look to take a CL job. And Swansea are already playing a posession-based game.

It wouldn't surprise me because I don't think Pep will only look to take a CL job. And Swansea are already playing a posession-based game.

It's only because Swansea are a relatively small team with little investment that people seem to be be amazed that they can keep the ball. I reckon Guardiola might find a "few" other teams that play possession football that will take him.

I personally think he would only take a top job or one at a big club.

That's just the impression I have had of Guardiola.

And who else play like Swansea do? Arsenal you could argue but Wenger's not going anywhere anytime soon. Nor is Mancini at City. And that's it really.

And who else play like Swansea do? Arsenal you could argue but Wenger's not going anywhere anytime soon. Nor is Mancini at City. And that's it really.

Brendan Rodgers wasn't familiar with the system when he joined Swansea, he was foced to adapt to it from Roberto Martinez's spell there and look how it turned out :cool:

I meant across Europe. Anyway I think it's ridiculous that Guardiola's name is in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

conor360 wrote: »
    Brendan Rodgers wasn't familiar with the system when he joined Swansea, he was foced to adapt to it from Roberto Martinez's spell there and look how it turned out :cool:

Roberto Martinez had to do the same as Brendan Rodgers

• Advertisement

I see.

We'll just have to agree to disagree over who he'll be interested in. I have it from a decent source (Gets a lot of Barca-related stuff right) that he's only looking to Italy and England, not necessarily to a top flight club. What with the problems in Italy and all, England may become the prime target. Swansea would make a lot of sense.

But then again, he does want a sabbatical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Mick McCarthy

Dempsey wrote: »
    Roberto Martinez had to do the same as Brendan Rodgers

No, Roberto didn't have to.

Roberto was the manager of Swansea before Rodgers, so Rodgers decided to do what he done, he didn't have to but he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Di Canio hopefully. The premier league needs more nutcases, its all a bit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

conor360 wrote: »
    No, Roberto didn't have to.

Roberto was the manager of Swansea before Rodgers, so Rodgers decided to do what he done, he didn't have to but he did.

Paulo Sousa was there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

JPA wrote: »
    I meant across Europe. Anyway I think it's ridiculous that Guardiola's name is in this thread.
    I don't. He strikes me as the type of guy who would consider anything. He wouldn't have the pressures for instant success at a small club like Swansea and he might see it as a challenge that interests him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

They should appoint a caretaker, because Liverpool's over-demanding fans will be calling for his head by Christmas and he'll be free to take the Swansea job again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I think the ideal candidate for this job would have been Gary Speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Di Canio hopefully. The premier league needs more nutcases, its all a bit boring.

Think he's signed a extended 2 year deal with swindon

He'll be in the premier league soon.

Popcorn on hold for now.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Apparently they're after Martinez assistant manager at Wigan, Graeme Jones. Betting suspended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Chris Houghton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Paully D wrote: »
    Apparently they're after Martinez assistant manager at Wigan, Graeme Jones. Betting suspended.

Random. Could be good, but Terry Connor and Chris Hutchings spring to mind. Be interesting to see who Norwich go for. My money would be on Lee Clark.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ConorSTF

token101 wrote: »
    Random.

They were trying to get him as manager before they hired Rogers. He was assistant manager at the club when Martinez was manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Who was his assistant? I'd fancy him to get the job if he doesn't go with Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

joshrogan wrote: »
    Who was his assistant? I'd fancy him to get the job if he doesn't go with Rodgers.
    Colin Pascoe is my assistant but he's coming to Anfield too.

• Advertisement

joshrogan wrote: »

Read the thread, graeme jones, Martinez assistant at Wigan is odds on to get the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

52gher.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Personally I'd love to see Michael Laudrup back in management, he is such a smart footballing man and would be a good fit for them. Obviously never going to happen but just throwing my thoughts out there.

:eek:

Why didn't I bet on this!

SSN reporting it's nearly a done deal with Laudrup, should be a fantastic addition to the PL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement