Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing the AH permaban by KeithM89

Options
  • 30-05-2012 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭

I feel I'm repeating myself here as I had a prison thread on the same subject here, which should give you some background.

Two mods gave me separate bans for the same offence.
    G'em in fairness recognised that she thought I had a previous long AH ban when I didn't, and reduced her ban to a week.

KeithM89 gave me the AH permaban but hasn't engaged in that thread and has delegated this issue to the CMods instead.

In short, I don't believe it was the "uncivil" remark that got me permabanned but the fact that the pro-LBGT posters wanting to censor my opinion on gay adoption and the transsexual entrant in Miss World.

I was banned for this attempt at bad attempt at humour Link

I've no hate against the LGBT posters, just what I consider to be an emotionally detached high level view of the topic and tend to use evolution/natural selection/selfish gene arguments.
    And I like a good debate on an interesting topic but obviously I strayed too far from the approved politically correct line.

However I am willing to voluntarily suppress my opinion on the regular LGBT topics in AH and avoid posting on them in future.
    I posted a lot in AH and am a long term poster in boards.

I don't feel a permaban is in order, especially since over 330 people voted against gay adoption.
    I believe the pro-LBGT side targeted me for post reporting as I had stayed around to try and explain my side on two threads. (gay adoption and transsexual entrant in Miss Universe)
    It was a classic case of "kill the messenger".

I haven't really stepped out of line in After Hours in non-LBGT threads.
    So a self enforced gag order would resolve the problem if I was unbanned from AH.

regards,
    CD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hello CD.

In short, I don't believe it was the "uncivil" remark that got me permabanned but the fact that the pro-LBGT posters wanting to censor my opinion on gay adoption and the transsexual entrant in Miss World.

Let me assure you there is no censorship in play here or a pro LBGT agenda. You were banned for comments on two LBGT threads respectively, one being your permaban.

In summary, you were banned by two AH mods in quick succession, the first upheld by a CMod, you were then site banned by an Admin.The common denominator here is you.

Your comments were offensive at worst and highly inflammatory at best. Your last post was the straw that broke the camels back.
    I posted a lot in AH and am a long term poster in boards.I haven't really stepped out of line in After Hours in non-LBGT threads.

This is true and does stand in your favour.

So a self enforced gag order would resolve the problem if I was unbanned from AH.

I have a better idea, a mod enforced gag.

After discussing this matter with the AH mods they have agreed to reduce your ban to a month. On condition you do not post in LGBT related threads. If you do so, the permaban will be reinstated immediately.

It's that or the permaban remains.

Micky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

After discussing this matter with the AH mods they have agreed to reduce your ban to a month. On condition you do not post in LGBT related threads. If you do so, the permaban will be reinstated immediately.

Yes, I'll abide by that condition.

thanks,
    CD

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ok.

If you contact me after the 20th of June, the ban will be lifted.

Thanks

Micky

Advertisement