Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finally got 100% in this last night (just in time to trade against Fire Emblem today).

The story was complete nonsense (I'm still not totally sure who's related to who, and I don't care) but the game mechanics were sound, boss battles were good, it was fun to play and the music was excellent.

I would have preferred if there was more interaction between the different chapters (like one character unblocking something to open a new path for another character). There was scope for some great puzzles there, but the different chapters were completely separate (tied together by a cut-scene at the end of each).

Just under 15 hours on the clock, and the extra one minute cut scene unlocked at 100% completion wasn't really worth it.

Still, I'd give it a solid 7/10 rating. Some reviews were unfairly harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The 3DS one is 2D (with a 3D engine).

It allows for nice camera work during key sequences (the approach to the final boss is very cool).

Robert Carlyle does some voice work in this one too.

Advertisement