Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remington arms in the line of fire

Options
  • 30-05-2012 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

Just came across this video on youtube.
    Shows how important it is to maintain your firearm and make sure your firearm is not loaded when not in use.
    Seems like Remington arms have been in and out of court because of remington model 700,and some people claiming its unsafe to use:eek:
    Had Many rem 700,and never had any problems with any of them.:D:D

http://youtu.be/RpXivkcyJ1o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Just came across this video on youtube.
    Shows how important it is to maintain your firearm and make sure your firearm is not loaded when not in use.
    Seems like Remington arms have been in and out of court because of remington model 700,and some people claiming its unsafe to use:eek:
    Had Many rem 700,and never had any problems with any of them.:D:D

http://youtu.be/RpXivkcyJ1o

I am putting a rifle basix trigger on my 700 in a day or so when it arrives and have no problems with it to date.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Once again another sensationalist story. Improper use, lack of care, and then the "blame everyone else for my mistake" attitude.

I have no doubt there could be a fault in some rifles, but that's true for every make and model of firearm out there. However with firearms you can be sure the scrutiny from the quality control department is much higher than that in a company that makes kettles or toasters.

I have only ever seen one rifle, about 12 years ago, fire on a bolt close, and that was because the owner played around with the trigger assembly. If a firearm is well maintained, and at all times treated as though loaded then accidents like described in the original "report" would not occur.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Don't forget america is the land of the lawyer, if someone looks at you crooked you drag them into court to try get compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

rowa wrote: »
    Don't forget america is the land of the lawyer, if someone looks at you crooked you drag them into court to try get compensation.

Amen brother! Tort reform has had a hard time getting traction in many areas. In Texas they succeeded in limiting medical malpractice claims. I know this because my greedy letigious cousin was upset that he could not sue his doctors, not enough reward in it. From all accounts they did a good job, and if he was discouraged from sueing them its good for the rest of us.

Everytime you turn around something that we relied on that worked well for many years suddenly disappears. Then you find out later some #@*!@ sued the company and they were forced to remove it from the market, I could go on for days.

This bit about the Remington 700 is somewhat old news for us in the US shooting community. It has as you point out performed as designed for many years in many roles, and is the basis for many diverse high performance rifles worldwide. This video is a good one, thanks much to long range shooter for posting it!

Advertisement