Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question on Employee rights , boss closing business for a few wks

• 30-05-2012 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi, Just a quick scenario,
    I work part time 2-3 days per week, my boss has told us she will be closing the business for between 4-6 weeks at least during the summer while she goes on a long holiday. All of us work part time there, our contracts on paper are for between 1-5 days per week. Is she allowed to close the business and we will have no way of earning money during that period?

I spoke to social welfare they said we may not be entitlrd to claim anything during that time if we work under 5 days and the most we can get is 84 euro per week. Dont know how I will pay rent let alone eat.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Tumbleweed ...................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

You can't seek legal advice on this forum.

Have a look at the charter for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

You may have an entitlement to Social Welfare - are you sure your boss is actually coming back - sounds like a cover story for a moonlight flit ?

Advertisement