Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power button issue

Options
  • 30-05-2012 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Bought myself the following pc components:

1. asus F1A55-M LX
    2. AMD Athlon X4 631
    3. Radeon HD 6670
    4. 4gb ram
    5. ocz 60gb ssd
    6. using old ide hdd with ide-sata connection
    7. Old medion tower being used

I have everything set up as per manual instruction and have attempted to connect the power button to the motherboard. Unfortunately it doesn't work. The light on the motherboard lights up when I switch on the psu, but nothing happens when I press the power button?

Initially, I thought the power button might have been faulty, but then I tried my brother's pc's button which also didn't work. My power button did work in his pc.

I have enclosed relevant pictures for viewing. If anyone could help me out I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I'd recommend just connecting the power switch on its own and try that.
    The ATX sw jumper is fitted horizontally (not vertically) when looking straight at it so it should go in the top row.
    Polarity won't matter for the Power or reset switch so it should be straight forward fit.

Btw, what Medion PC was the case from? MD8086 or MD8386?
    I had several of them and the plastic push button broke on all of them.
    It's an easy fix with a bit of elastic though.
    Maybe try pressing the power sw with the front panel off just to make sure that's not an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Sholden

Did you try shorting the two power pins? That will turn it on. If it doesn't either the PSU or the mother board is probably faulty

EDIT:

No really helpful videos but here is one that is kind of helpful
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=xTNPFGTUU6Y&annotation_id=annotation_183429&src_vid=L_2kyt5p10c

EDIT 2:
    Much better one around 14:40
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Cheers guys, have tried all the above to no avail. Turned out to be a motherboard issue :(

Returned it today and waiting on delivery for a replacement.

Advertisement