Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most quiet times?

Options
  • 30-05-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering when are the most quiet times in Dublin? as in least traffic, least people, least stressed atmosphere. 9-10 PM? or literally 11 PM - 4 AM?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

4am - 6am I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

The twilight period where between the last of the revellers going home and the first of the work crowd rising. So 4-6am as the poster above says. Its a very strange scene to witness if you don't belong to either group. Night melting into day kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

ohh, that's quite a narrow gap, I was expecting for at least 6 hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The city will be generally quiet from 2-6am however streets like Dame Street, Harcourt Street, Leeson Street would be busy and the quays of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

arleitiss wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering when are the most quiet times in Dublin? as in least traffic, least people, least stressed atmosphere. 9-10 PM? or literally 11 PM - 4 AM?

Way are you trying to do?

• Advertisement

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Way are you trying to do?

I am just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

arleitiss wrote: »
    I am just wondering.

Looking at your other threads, would it be the case that you're wondering about when would be a good time to practise driving in the city?

I concur with previous posters that 4am or so would be quietest on the roads (if that's what you're interested in) - except at the weekends when it seems to be a 24-hour situation with the number of taxis on the streets .... But realistically of course the driving test is a daytime event, so ideally you'd practise on busier streets.

.... then again, maybe you were just wondering :)

cormy wrote: »
    Looking at your other threads, would it be the case that you're wondering about when would be a good time to practise driving in the city?

I concur with previous posters that 4am or so would be quietest on the roads (if that's what you're interested in) - except at the weekends when it seems to be a 24-hour situation with the number of taxis on the streets .... But realistically of course the driving test is a daytime event, so ideally you'd practise on busier streets.

.... then again, maybe you were just wondering :)

Nah I got my friend to come to my house today, he's driving for like 30 years now, so with him I will drive from 9 PM until like 2 or 3 AM. Should be fun. I driven only at 10 PM before, and it was great. I just need to get used to my new car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

cson wrote: »
    The twilight period where between the last of the revellers going home and the first of the work crowd rising. So 4-6am as the poster above says. Its a very strange scene to witness if you don't belong to either group. Night melting into day kind of thing.

I remember doing a loadsa BZP (nasty stuff) and heading into an early house. Left my gaf n walked into town. That was the most surreal experience of my life. Right out of a David Lynch film.

Advertisement