Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer-Work in Mullingar?

Options
  • 30-05-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi I am a 16 year old living in Mullingar and I was just enquiring if anyone knew of any summer jobs going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

It's tough to get a job for most people these days. I don't know of anything suitable going but the best thing you could do is print up a bunch of CVs, stick on a good shirt and "harass" - read talk to managers or whoever is the decision maker of local businesses are, to see what they have going and ask them to keep you in mind if anything is open in future. That's basically what my younger sister is doing at the moment since school finished up. She hasn't had any luck just yet however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

You'd want to be applying for summer jobs back in March or April to have much of a chance of getting one. It also helps to have connections, if you have any friends, family or someone you know working somewhere be sure to ask them about possible jobs or apply to where they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Get a CV together. Print ~50 copies and just drop it in everywhere.

The more tickets you buy for the raffle, the more chance you have of striking gold. ;)

Best of luck

Advertisement