Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling like a kick in the back

Options
  • 30-05-2012 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this. Sometimes when I'm lying down on my side, I feel a sudden, powerful force propel into my back or hip. The only way I can describe it is like a strong kick, except it doesn't cause any pain. It's strong enough to move my body though :confused: Its definitely not sleep paralysis. It has happened me every so often for the last 10 years and I've always wondered what it could be??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If it's just as you're dropping off to sleep it could well be Hypnagogic jerk. Is it accompanied by a falling sensation at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

kylith wrote: »
    If it's just as you're dropping off to sleep it could well be Hypnagogic jerk. Is it accompanied by a falling sensation at all?

No, it happens when I'm wide awake usually. The first time it happened I was lying down reading a book and it gave me an awful fright :) I do get the falling sensation when I'm going to sleep but that's totally different. I often wondered if maybe its som sort of spasm but I can't find any information on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd say check it out with a doctor. If it's a muscle spasm you don't want to ignore it lest it get worse. My nanny always said to look after your back and your feet, because without them you're bunched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

It may be Kundalini.It can move and go dormant again especially after meditation,psychoactive drugs and even orgasms:Dits going through me at the moment and its quiet amazing but not easy:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

kylith wrote: »
    I'd say check it out with a doctor. If it's a muscle spasm you don't want to ignore it lest it get worse. My nanny always said to look after your back and your feet, because without them you're bunched.

I was a perfect-backed teenager when it started but alas; no longer :( (due to an accident not an underlying problem) The sensation has never changed though. It used to scare the bejaysus out of me :eek: The first time it happened, I was in a fairly spooky and reportedly haunted house and I was told afterwards that people had been kicked out of bed in that room before. I suppose that's why I was always half torn between thinking it was paranormal and thinking it was.... well.... normal! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement