Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flavoured Blaas

Options
  • 31-05-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all we are in the process of developing flavoured Blaas for a gourmet range and was looking for just some general feedback or ideas of flavours so far there's 2 flavours tried and tested kilmeaden cheddar and red onion/ and rosemary garlic and thyme.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

......what is this sorcery O_O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Tayto flavoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

No. No no no no no no no no. Leave it alone.

Sell blaas ready-made with red lead or tayto, but don't change the blaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Where's the pitchforks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

thiadale06 wrote: »
    Hi all we are in the process of developing flavoured Blaas for a gourmet range and was looking for just some general feedback or ideas of flavours so far there's 2 flavours tried and tested kilmeaden cheddar and red onion/ and rosemary garlic and thyme.

Those flavours sound good. But since we are messing with a classic:
    - Chilli flavoured
    - Peppers and tomato

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Dillisk Blaa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

God no dont f*ck with the bla leave it as it is, mmm i want a bla now with some tayto and a cup of tea, now thats the only combination for it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

DON'T , JUST DON'T.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

WTF! No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Those 2 flavours sound nice to be fair. Nothing wrong with trying something new, it's not like it'll replace the classic blaa... or is it??!! :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

If it increases sales for the bakeries producing the blaa then why not? I'd say the sales of blaas has dropped off a lot over the last few years.

tomato and herb maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Is a blaa not just a bread roll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Nope its a delicious staple of the deise diet :D that varies from floury to crusty (depends on ur tastes), its more a bap than a roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Crispy smoked bacon with brown sauce. Ummmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

meanies flavour....... yum

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Surely with the addition of any Ingredients other than flour, water, salt, sugar and yeast it ceases to be a Blaa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Sundried tomato and olive

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

50313_216069663609_6905896_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

No it has no preservatives at all, so it only lasts fresh for a period of hours, and of course the liberal use of raw flour is it's other distinguishing feature.
    As distinct from your average bread roll which seem to have a half life similar to uranium 235....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

^^ Sigh.

Not sure whether I love this idea or hate it. As long as you're not adding any E numbers with the flavouring or anything artificial I suppose it's worth a try.

Anything that raises the profile has to be helpful Shirley?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Trevor Kent

Wexford Strawberry flavour......... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Chives
    thiadale06 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

What about a bit of cinomon in it? I luuuuuuuurve me some cinamon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

what about have a continental themed blah? like you could have asian curry blah, mediteranian blah, indian blah, american blah etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Oh I'd love a blah now, have any of ye seen the huge ones in the corner shop ? They nearly fill a dinner plate! One of the lads in work got one the other day and couldn't finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wolverette

Fresh Blaa with butter, Tayto cheese and onion. Mmmmmh!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

have to say, late in the summer, butter up a fresh blaa, snag a tomato from a plant in the greenhouse, slice it into the blaa, sprinkle of sea salt, almost as good as sex and no need for a cigarette afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Sounds like a great idea! I'd love to try different flavours, as long as they aren't artifically flavoured that is! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Dafuq is a bla?

Advertisement