Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphone 3.5mm trouble

Options
  • 31-05-2012 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Its the actual thing that i connect into my ipod, when ever I put it in it gives me a distorted sound through my ear phones unless I put pressure on the jack
    Any Solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Its the actual thing that i connect into my ipod, when ever I put it in it gives me a distorted sound through my ear phones unless I put pressure on the jack
    Any Solutions?
    Try different headphones. If they work fine, the problem is your headphones. Solution: Buy new headphones.

If you have the same issue when trying different headphones, the problem is the input on the iPod. Loads of places fix these. Prices vary.

Oh, and if your using original supplied iPod 'phones, throw them away. Not because of your problem, but because they're rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 A Fine Gent

The headphones are worth about €100ish and I dont have the money to replace them,you know of anyway of taking the actual connector off and replacing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The headphones are worth about €100ish and I dont have the money to replace them,you know of anyway of taking the actual connector off and replacing it?
    If there's no other controls on the cable (volume and suchlike), just snip off the jack. Solder on a new one. Bob's yer uncle. I'm sure you can find vids on youtube. Replacement parts can be got in hobby places such as Maplins, or online if you prefer gold-plated audiophile fancypants-type stuff. If you don't fancy having a go at the soldering, you could try anybody you know who works with electronics. It really is a simple job*.

*Unless there are extra controls. Then not quite so simple.

Advertisement