Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dilly Dally Inn, Cork City

Options
  • 31-05-2012 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Was in there last Thursday, what an amazing pub.

Free Pool for the night!!

I don't often get to Cork, but this was just outside the City and it was a stop off for a few pints on the way into the City.

It had the feel of the 'Local' pubs of old but was good in its own right also.

Has anyone else been there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

We have been there quite a lot....

Has changed a fair bit over the years....And,to be honest,,it's a crackin spot.

Not as busy as the "Town" pubs,,but great fun in there,,and it's a good local trade. Got a grand beer garden.

And best of all,no messing or anything in there.

I think they do free pool nights on Thursdays..So you can play pool from when they open until they close.

Gorgeous pint too,without being ripped off.

It has a website,,but I'm not sure if I would be allowed to post the link.

We'll be in there over the long weekend anyway. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Where is this?

gimmick wrote: »
    Where is this?

It's on "Timber Cross".

The top of Evergreen Road,at the City end...It's at the junction of Tower St,Quaker Rd,Evergreen St/Evergreen Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ah, it used be The Goblet. Might have a nose in there after some CCFC game.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

SexyGuy wrote: »
    We have been there quite a lot....

Has changed a fair bit over the years....And,to be honest,,it's a crackin spot.

Not as busy as the "Town" pubs,,but great fun in there,,and it's a good local trade. Got a grand beer garden.

And best of all,no messing or anything in there.

I think they do free pool nights on Thursdays..So you can play pool from when they open until they close.

Gorgeous pint too,without being ripped off.

It has a website,,but I'm not sure if I would be allowed to post the link.

We'll be in there over the long weekend anyway. ;)

That was what i liked about it, it wasn't as busy as the 'City' pubs but to be honest I thought it was a cracking spot also. I was staying with mates in Turners Cross and we were heading towards the city so decided to have a few pints in each pub on the way, Turners Cross Tavern, The Mountain, The Evergreen and The Dilly Dally Inn.

To me it was the perfect pub for 'beforing going to the city' as it was only a short walk from there. I ended up in Reardons for my shame.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Ah, it used be The Goblet. Might have a nose in there after some CCFC game.

I was talking to the guy behind the bar, I can only assume it was the owner. Apparently his son plays with CCFC.

Sofa King wrote: »
    I was talking to the guy behind the bar, I can only assume it was the owner. Apparently his son plays with CCFC.

He sure does.....Your spot on.

Crackin family that own it,to be honest. You won't go far wrong in there.

@Sofa King...
    Reardons?? Holy jaesus.. :eek:

I'll say no more on that.. :D

Hope this is ok with the Mods?

For anyone interested in the Dilly Dally Inn.. http://www.dillydallyinn.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Pop in there now and again with my old fella good pub alright nice pool table and defo a darts pub
    One of many good pubs in that area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I'd forgot all about the Goblet, a nice spot indeed. Looking forward to visiting the Dilly Dally Inn! To be fair, could have done a better job naming the place though... "going to head down to the dilly for a couple of hours"??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,904 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Used to go in there years ago when I lived in the area, cracking pub.
    Deserves a visit sooner rather than later me thinks.

I'm heading to Cork with the missus next weekend and will definately be venturing back in here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I grew up around there, it used to be called "The Silver Goblet" back in the day.

The guy that owns it is an absolute gent, can't speak highly enough of him. His son is lovely as well. Great place, haven't been there in a long time because I'm not around the area much any more.

Its lovely to see people saying such nice things about the place, I know the owner would be thrilled to see people saying things like this. He's a really nice guy.

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I grew up around there, it used to be called "The Silver Goblet" back in the day.

The guy that owns it is an absolute gent, can't speak highly enough of him. His son is lovely as well. Great place, haven't been there in a long time because I'm not around the area much any more.

Its lovely to see people saying such nice things about the place, I know the owner would be thrilled to see people saying things like this. He's a really nice guy.

Agreed,,on all counts..

Lived around there for a few years also,,,but,in My case,,I didn't move too
    far away,,so I/We still get to pop in there the odd time.

The staff,and customers in there are fab..And the craic can be mighty.

As they say...."Where else would you get it" ?

:D

Advertisement