Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick build-check before ordering?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Any reason you're not going for Ivy Bridge? Probably not worth it for PCIe 3.0 but just thought I'd throw that in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Whistlingmilk

Any reason you're not going for Ivy Bridge? Probably not worth it for PCIe 3.0 but just thought I'd throw that in there.

Only reason being that with the money I save I can afford speakers and a wireless adapter. I'm thinking I'd have to up the PSU to 650W for Crossfiring later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'm thinking I'd have to up the PSU to 650W for Crossfiring later on?

Think so yes. That build will run on a 450w though, so get that instead of the 550w to save money for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

For the extra 20/30 quid would you not just get a suitable power supply now? Save you buying another one in a few months.

Advertisement