Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headaches from Vaping

Options
  • 31-05-2012 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Vaping for 1 week now and love it apart from a dull headache which is hard to shake. I got mostly 12mg and 16mg juices with my starter kit. Is it simply a matter of reducing the strength to 11mg or diluting 11 with 0mg?
    The juice I got doesn't look like premo stuff either. Can anyone recommend a site with good clean, tasty juice? Money is not an object. (within reason! =D)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nadel302008

Have a look here, his juice is very good.

www.ezsmoke.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The standard juices at thebestshop.eu are all decent, the Liqua juices they have are good quality and very tasty. There's also very good juices with really good flavours at http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/.

I'd suggest that you try just using the 12mg on it's own for a while. If that doesn't work, you could try diluting it with a 0mg juice. Some people do have an allergy or intolerance for PG, so it could be worth trying a pure VG juice as well.

Also, it's worth noting that when you switch from analogues your body goes into withdrawal as it detoxes from all the nasty stuff found in real cigarette smoke that you don't get when vaping. It's quite normal to feel a bit off for a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Firstly Congratulations on making the switch to vaping well done.

+1 on the withdrawal as Stevenmu stated.

I felt like sh**e for a few weeks when I switched and think most people did. Your body is trying to cope without the 3000+ chemicals it was used to in analogues but it should pass and you will then feel 1000 times better hopefully!

Just bare in mind as well if things don't improve after a few weeks that some people have a tolerance to PG liquid and if you don't find it getting any better you could try some VG only liquid or liquid with a higher content VG than PG maybe 70/30ratio. I haven't time to link them at the moment as going out soon but if you need more info on where to find them just ask here or have a look around the sites in the where to buy thread as I'm sure some of the Irish vendors do VG only or will do it on request.

I tend to make my all day homebrew juices at a 70vg to 30 pg ratio as I think I had a slight intolerance to the higher PG rating juices but sometimes I still buy smaller quantities of PG juices from suppliers to have for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bru.wicklow

any chance the op is going from a 24mg dose to a 12mg dose that would be be hard:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 NamedUser

Thanks lads, but pretty sure its not analogue withdrawal. I'm well used to quitting fags (and spliffs) for 1-3 weeks at a time and have never experienced these headaches. I'm thinking it mayyy be an allergy to the standard juice (but I've never been allergic to anything in my life). I've sent off for some light & 0 Liqua juices and will report back.

Could it be that I was filling the carto wrong? I was dripping it along the sides while rotating but also through the middle, and not shaking it as I had taken off the plastic stopper at the end and the juice was dripping through.
    I've read the instructions properly (too eager at first) and will give it a go properly now with the EZSmokes blueberry while i wait for my Liqua.

Not going from 24 - 12 bru, had a couple big bottles and an assorted flavoured kit so was trying those. all 12 + 16's.

Again, thanks folks, this is a great little forum. much <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

Just be aware the if it is a tolerance to Propylene Glycol that it wouldn't be the strength of nicotine content causing the headaches and as far as I'm aware the nicotine you would take in from vaping even 16mg strength is less than what you would take in from a cigarette up to about 5 times less according to some reports.

So changing the strength of nicotine if it is a tolerance to PG wont help you as the PG will still be there even in 0mg e-liquid. What you would need to do is change what your liquid is made out of and use e-liquid made from vegetable glycerine instead.

I will have a search later on when I get time and try find you an option here in Ireland for VG only liquid or one of the lads here might know where you can get VG liquid in the meantime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

thebestshop have vg liquid

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/standard-eliquid/39-30ml-eliquid-vg.html

some of irishvapers whitelabel range as well isn't completely vg but has higher vg percentages than the dekangs.. sometimes just going up 5-10% in the amount of vg can help people who have pg issues

I had a look around the sites and www.e-cigshop.eu do VG only liquids and as far as I know www.esmokeireland.eu may be able to do VG liquid to order as they mix their own. I seem to remember wingnut saying to someone that he could do requests on pg/vg content though I may be wrong. Hope this helps.

I could send you a free 10ml sample bottle of my home made e-liquid 70vg30pg as well if you wanted to try that and see how you get on with it. Just pm me your address if you want to try it out.

Like I said before I thought I had a bit of a tolerance to PG myself due to breaking out with flaky skin on my face in the weeks after I started vaping and I changed to the 70vg/30pg ratio and my skin cleared up but there's different effects to tolerance of PG and lots of info if you google it.

If you're regularly giving up smokes for weeks at a time then I'd guess that when you are smoking, you're smoking lights and/or not very many each day? So you're probably not a complete nicotine junkie and it would make sense that 12mg-16mg could be to high for you.

• Advertisement

actually
    the last time someone came on complaining of something like this.. they were using an ego tank system and they hadnt blown the primer off the atty before vaping so they were getting nasty flavour and i think headaches too

although youd imagine that after a week that primer would have all gone by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Quick question, sorry about the hi-jack.

Just after getting my first one, I was recommended the 24mg menthol juice.

Tastes grand and all that but I'm just wondering coming from 30 rollies a day I'm going to be hitting it fairly often for a while.

Is their such thing as too much.? Can you get headaches etc.. Should I be thinking wait a few min before going again.

It effects everyone a little differently but usually you would get a bit light-headed and maybe a little twitchy before you would get to the point of a head ache or feeling unwell. So just stop or slow down for a while if/when that happens.

It doesn't seem to be totally based on what you used to smoke either, some people who smoked 60 a day can't handle a 24mg juice and need to drop to an 11/12mg. Some people who only smoked a few lights a day need to go up to 36mg and chain-vape.

The easiest thing is probably to start slow and ramp up until you start to feel it, you'll figure out what works for you pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

I started on 36mg myself. Vaped as much or more than I used to smoke (20 rollies a day), but didn't get any headaches etc. I'm inclined to think that the actual niciotine addiction itself is not as strong as originally thought, but more also all the other associated habits etc related to smoking. If you are overdoing it, I think you will know yourself - your body will tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

k.p.h wrote: »
    Quick question, sorry about the hi-jack.

Just after getting my first one, I was recommended the 24mg menthol juice.

Tastes grand and all that but I'm just wondering coming from 30 rollies a day I'm going to be hitting it fairly often for a while.

Is their such thing as too much.? Can you get headaches etc.. Should I be thinking wait a few min before going again.

You can expect to drop a couple shots if you stay on the Ecig :P
    Keep a spare in the bag too, don't want the battery running out walking up to the 18th under pressure :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I used to smoke 50-60 a day, started on 28mg juice and it was blowing the head off me.

5 months later, I'm using from 3-5ml of 11-12mg juice per day, and I'm flying! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

NamedUser wrote: »
    Thanks lads, but pretty sure its not analogue withdrawal. I'm well used to quitting fags (and spliffs) for 1-3 weeks at a time and have never experienced these headaches. I'm thinking it mayyy be an allergy to the standard juice (but I've never been allergic to anything in my life). I've sent off for some light & 0 Liqua juices and will report back.
    This is much the same as is happening with me. Have had a come again, go again headache the last couple of days. Have been taking paracetamol, and it'll pass for a while. Not so lucky at the moment though. Definitely going to try switching to VG. I'm not even smoking the e-cig all that much. Nowhere near as much as I would be with regular cigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Update: I've been on another e-liquid and I'm not having problems. It doesn't explicitly say the new one is VG as opposed to PG. The previous one I had been on was Tobacco Ice PG 11mg. The new one is tobacco 18 mg. So, yeah... I've been on the new one since the day after I posted my previous, but really wanted to give it some time to make sure it was all good before updating here. The headaches were bad, and if it weren't for the starter kit costing so much I'd have been tempted to stop and just bought cigs again.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

I cant use the PG any more.
    Even if I spilt a drop on my finger I would get little bumps on my skin where it was.
    Prefer the VG as well when vaping.

some people find that when they first stasrt vaping alright

with some of them it's just that they have to avoid pg or at least go heavily vg in their juices but most people develop a tolerance for it after a week or two's vaping

• Advertisement
Advertisement