Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's raining! Yay!

• 31-05-2012 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

The sun has gone and the good old Celtic rain has come to wash our streets clean again. BACK! Back ye get wimminz of Ireland. Back into your thick jumpers, baggy jeans and long coats. Brazen hussies. Temptresses of the flesh. Maybe now that you've stopped skipping and bouncing and jiggling around the place I can finally get rid of this bloody horn.
    I see now why the lads in those hot countries are in favour of burqas and Sharia law, you'd never get anything done otherwise.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Are you a farmer by any chance. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

There's always one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,355 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yay I'm going on holidays I can look forward to the sun again. Hopefully it pisses rain for the next 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Finally a rain has come to wash the scum from the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Loser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I'm sitting in work with wet boxers after cycling to work.
    Your joy at this rain is not helping! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Hopefully it pisses rain for the next 2 weeks.
    Me too. In my area they cut the water if there's snow, ice, or sun. They only seem to be able to cope if it's fúcking raining.

Incidently I'm not a sun fan, gives me headaches and drains me of energy.

Enjoy that holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Lapin wrote: »
    Are you a farmer by any chance. :mad:

Regrettably I am, Mornings, evenings an weekends. Monday to friday, 9 to 5 I work in a "city." But despite what you appear to be insinuating with your post I actually enjoy the sun when i'm farming. It's the rest of the time when it hate it. When Im stuck in a sweltering office swimming in sweat. or when Im out on the street in the relentless bloody heat surrounded by happy half naked fuckers skipping about in their underwear while i feel the need to hide my shameful gut under at least two layers regardless of the weather.
    I also have this thing about flip flops. Words cant convey the hate I feel for them or the morons who wear them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun......

• Advertisement

I'm sitting in work with wet boxers after cycling to work.
    Your joy at this rain is not helping! :mad:

I doubt if I was sad because of the rain your boxers would dry any quicker. I cant believe a little rain made you piss yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Glad the rain is back, was sick of feeling happy!

**** you sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Hopefully it rains for the weekend, i am working all of it, only satisfaction i will get if it lashes down.

Steven81 wrote: »
    Hopefully it rains for the weekend, i am working all of it, only satisfaction i will get if it lashes down.
    Just not on Sunday for a few hours, Bavaria city racing. It can do what it likes after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Abi wrote: »
    Just not on Sunday for a few hours, Bavaria city racing. It can do what it likes after that.

Glad it's gone for a bit, there are still pieces of skin falling off me from last weekend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The sun is out every day. We, however, have the EU's cloud surplus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Confab wrote: »
    The sun is out every day. We, however, have the EU's cloud surplus.

I blame Germany HAARP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

agreed, working tomorrow and saturday but want to go in to see the cars (and the bavaria women) and have a few beers.

Insurgent wrote: »

Glad it's gone for a bit, there are still pieces of skin falling off me from last weekend :(
    Sun cream Ted :P
    FatherLen wrote: »

agreed, working tomorrow and saturday but want to go in to see the cars (and the bavaria women) and have a few beers.

Can't wait buddy. Paddock tix and all, happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

chin_grin wrote: »
    I blame Germany HAARP.

Bloody DARPA.

• Advertisement

I hope it rains all bank holiday weekend so I can laugh at the people who bought shorts and their optimism

Sun cream Ted :P

Can't wait buddy. Paddock tix and all, happy days :)

Abi, any advice for good spots for us commoners that didnt get swanky paddocks tickets? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The sun has gone and the good old Celtic rain has come to wash our streets clean again. BACK! Back ye get wimminz of Ireland. Back into your thick jumpers, baggy jeans and long coats. Brazen hussies. Temptresses of the flesh. Maybe now that you've stopped skipping and bouncing and jiggling around the place I can finally get rid of this bloody horn.
    I see now why the lads in those hot countries are in favour of burqas and Sharia law, you'd never get anything done otherwise.

Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I hope it rains all bank holiday weekend so I can laugh at the people who bought shorts and their optimism

Been walking around in my boxers myself for the past few days. Cheaper, and blends in well with the ladies in pyjamas. I just stick to Henry St and O'Connell St, i wouldn't blend in as well on the other side of town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Can't help but smirk a little bit. For the last week i've had to endure the sight of lads walking around in them flowerey shorts and flip flops while i have to wear a shirt and tie goin to work.

Ya had your fun, now its business as usual :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Meh, I spend all day underground and away from windows.

For all I know it could be apocalyptic out there and won't realise until I leave the building and see charred corpses everywhere and a mushroom cloud in the distance.

That, and it'll stop all those goddamn cats from gathering out the back of my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

Yyyyeeeeaaaaaaa some rain thank f&€k for that getting peed off going into work every day in that heat we are not built for that heat
    And work ( chef) doesn't help either

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Wait was the op actually banned?

Anyway delighted to have a bit of rain, everyone was running short of small talk, now we can keep it going for ages with wishing that it was sunny and talking about holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Thank God. I've done no work at all since the sun came out, and there are deadlines flying past at a rate of knots.

• Advertisement

pajunior wrote: »

Banned

Stupid rain. I spent hours watering trees last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I am grateful for the rain, so are my roses.

Vicxas wrote: »

Abi, any advice for good spots for us commoners that didnt get swanky paddocks tickets? ;)
    Afraid not my good man. As soon as I found out it was coming here I said theres no way I'd be mingling with the filth, so I've no idea. I'll tell Button you were asking after him though :p

The chaps over in Motorsport might have an idea, there's a thread over there for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I love it. I do not have to go outside and do work.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Meh, I spend all day underground and away from windows.

For all I know it could be apocalyptic out there and won't realise until I leave the building and see charred corpses everywhere and a mushroom cloud in the distance.

That, and it'll stop all those goddamn cats from gathering out the back of my house.

They just want to use your garden to take pics and upload them to internets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Vicxas wrote: »

If it's coming down The Quays then my back garden, it must be cos there are grandstands across the river from me. I'll only charge €50 for a day pass :p

I'll be back later, pissed as a fart, when it's all over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

This is our summer :mad: not those glorious few days we had last week it was all just a mirage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

it will wash away the beggar's piss outside work.... i for one welcome our rain overlords

pajunior wrote: »

HA! They couldnt ban me. Well, actually they could. 12 more days til I'm allowed back in the Politics forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

hunter10 wrote: »
    why does he say "wimminz" ?

'cos is BLOOO innit?

I only wrote it because it seems to be the way everyone writes it on here. Never seen it before i joined boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I am happy about the rain, happy happy! I really don't like when it is very sunny, I am even grumpier, sweaty and tired. It also pisses me off that everyone is so pleased about it and they chastise me for not feeling the same.

Banned

Stupid rain. I spent hours watering trees last night.

conserve water... tut tut

conserve water... tut tut

A river runs through my land.

A river runs through my land.

so why do ya need to water the trees then? its ireland for feck sake... dry spells dont last long here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I was disappointed when I heard the rain this morning but I can't handle the heat either. So hopefully it's cooled down a bit with it,because rain and warmth is worse :( though the lack of sunshine will be a welcome break for my pale skin

so why do ya need to water the trees then? its ireland for feck sake... dry spells dont last long here.

My gardener is off sick and he ring me and told me it had to be done.

My gardener is off sick and he ring me and told me it had to be done.

if he told ya to go jump off a cliff would ya?

also why are you paying for a gardener when your doing all the work????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i miss the sunshine but glad we got a break from it hopefully its not for long though it would be nice to have the fine weather back again really enjoyed the last couple of days out and about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Hurray, farmers will be happy

Bit of rain will be welcome

Afraid not my good man. As soon as I found out it was coming here I said theres no way I'd be mingling with the filth, so I've no idea. I'll tell Button you were asking after him though :p

The chaps over in Motorsport might have an idea, there's a thread over there for it :)

You have made my mortal enemies list..... you will rue this day.

well go on, rue it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement