Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to work drunk

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The sensible option is to say you're sick and go home. The consequences would be a lot less than remaining in work while drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Lumbo wrote: »
    It's great to see that the OP is still in the drunk and positive stage.

Wait till 2pm and the hungover and suicidal stage kicks in.

Gets popcorn.

Been there many times.

OP enjoy the fun part because once you eat some food it will knock you for 6 and you will be in bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Don't worry about work OP, you'll sober up in a few hours.

Tell us about the session ? Where did you go ? Did ya drink much ? Chips, did you get chips ?, I'm always dying after chips.

Would often be still a bit drunk from the night before going into work it wouldnt even be something I would see as out of the ordinary, already did it yesterday and will be out again tonight so tomorrow there is every chance I will still be a bit groggy in the morning.

I wont be the only one though as its a work thing, we have work nights out regularly during the week so a good few in the office hungover at the same time is common.

I've gone into every job I've had in fairly dodgy condition at some stage.

Half the country will be in a mess after the Ireland games so people would want to get used to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

as long as you're not a truck driver or a pilot I will allow this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i can't believe people actually do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Only came home at 6AM, now I'm sitting at my desk at work - twisted. Going on a wild one on a worknight probably wasn't my best idea!

What's the After Hours consensus on drunk working? Is it excusable every once in a blue moon? Anyone ever get caught out?

keep your head down and if anyone asks say you got the flu. wash the night club stamp off your hand and make sure there isn't a soiled condom stuck to the sole of your shoe, greater men than you or I have been caught out by that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Just relax and not think about be drunk at all. Nobody will notice

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Only came home at 6AM, now I'm sitting at my desk at work - twisted. Going on a wild one on a worknight probably wasn't my best idea!

What's the After Hours consensus on drunk working? Is it excusable every once in a blue moon? Anyone ever get caught out?

In the same boat myself, hangover creeping in though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Good practice for the upcoming Euros imo, you can't go into a major football tournament unprepared!!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

bluewolf wrote: »

Half the drinking population of Ireland has done it at some stage I'm guessing. I have done it before but not for a while and never again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I've texted your boss, OP. Clear out by lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I went to work drunk once, and I went to work hungover once. Never did either again. It just wasn't worth it and both days were miserable.

Better off the just get drunk and call in sick OP!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

bluewolf wrote: »

Office job in the east wing of the castle no-one gives a sh1t.
    I've even got a colleague that wakes me up if I start snoring.
    Phone or e-mail beeps usually do the rest.
    Breakfast roll at 10am & a quarter pounder at 1pm are medical requirements.
    At least by 5pm I'm probably under the legal limit to drive home, pity it's the same car I came to work in.

http://www.mantuitive.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/homerworking.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Sorry to be so sensible in AH but it's an offence under the Safety, Health & Welfare At Work Act 2005, to turn up for work "intoxicated".

Feckin spoilsports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    At least by 5pm I'm probably under the legal limit to drive home, pity it's the same car I came to work in.

hope you're only joking about that bit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

It's hard to motivate oneself to work without a great deal of whiskey and coffee swirling around in one's gutty wutts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

never a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Big Lar

BattleCorp wrote: »

Sorry to be so sensible in AH but it's an offence under the Safety, Health & Welfare At Work Act 2005, to turn up for work "intoxicated".

Feckin spoilsports.
    Unfortunately for you BattleCorp there is no definition in the act as to what intoxicated actually means. So you have a fair task on to prove the OP is intoxicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Sure thats what handicapped stalls are for.

Few years back I was working in a warehouse which dealt with toilet and kitchen paper. Myself and a few of the lads got a pile of the product and constructed a bed in the handicapped stall, good times.

We never got caught either, things were fairly lax boss only ever came in after midday, we would be in from half six.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

used to go to work drunk sometimes, back before I got fired

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

In some jobs even fatal consequences .How much of it happens with drink or drugs or both ????

Advertisement